Steam Challenge

So I was recently looking for things to do while I patiently wait for Black Friday to get a Nintendo Switch and my mind drifted back to the Steam Spring Sale where Valve was trying to get users to play their old Steam games again soooooooooooo

I will be, starting today, going through all me old Steam games and at LEAST getting them to 25% achievement completion :smiley:

The only games I will be excluding from this are as follows:

• Games with no Steam achievements
  • Games I have 0% achievements in (They donā€™t count towards completion but you can if you want to)
  • Games that have too many achievements (Think Payday 2 levels)
  • Games that simply wonā€™t run/crash too often

Iā€™m challenging everyone else to do the same and play some of your old Steam games youā€™ve forgotten about or wrote off as just plain awful.

I have complete 6 games to at least 25% just today out of my 328 game library (98 games are eligible for this) :smiley:

9 Likes

I have like 30 games :expressionless: and I already played the crap out of almost all of them :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Help me do my library! :cry:

7 Likes

:man_facepalming:
ā€¦
:thinking:
-yea, iā€™m not gonna go through my x00 library, (or dig out some 10-14 yo game), and just play it ā€œagainā€ to get X%/ā€œmoreā€ completion, no way no how do i got the time or desire for that :dizzy_face: :man_shrugging:

but best of luck to you, have fun with it :+1:
(seems a bit weird to say luck since itā€™s not about luck with that task, ā€œbreak a legā€ better here in this sense?, -tho not an acting/ā€œperformingā€ gig either):thinking: :face_with_head_bandage:

5 Likes

Not to be rude or anything but if you donā€™t want to do the challenge then you donā€™t have to respond.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been trying to do something similar for the past year or so. I admit that i did play a lot of HOGā€™s but i actually enjoy those. Itā€™s just that they arenā€™t that hard to perfect and sort of inflate the completion percentage. Itā€™s incredibly annoying with games that have achievements locked behind DLC.

10 Likes

no worries, no offense taken :+1: :hugs:
-think iā€™m just saying, the ā€œchallengeā€, might be more or less so/ā€œintriguingā€, depending on ones library size/age/ā€œplayedā€ too :wink:
i recall HL2 being one of the earlier games i just quit quickly on replaying, precisely because it had gotten achievements and i wouldnā€™t be arsed with that then -and not replayed it since subsequently, :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

It is my typical policy to once starting a game play it through to the end unless it canā€™t run on my computer.

So I am already doing this challenge I guess.

I set the bar to 35% achievement since that is typically how many achievements it takes to complete the story mode.

6 Likes

I have 30% already, I wanted to do that challenge long ago, but i prefer to complete good games than play the bad ones. I have 14 perfect games atm.

4 Likes

I have around 2.5k gamesā€¦

Getting there though!

9 Likes

Just checked your libraryā€¦I really wish you had Devil Daggersā€¦then youā€™d understand the meaning of pain. Just the one achievement, and you need to sell your soul to get it!

5 Likes

:laughing:I have some hard ones in here though. Right now Garryā€™s Mod is kicking my butt.

3 Likes

Thanks for reminding me of another one i need to work onā€¦

3 Likes

I feel you! I have hundreds of games and only a few hours a day to play them. I keep buying games on good sales for when ā€œsomedayā€ comes. I just bought Borderlands on HBā€™s spring sale but havenā€™t even started it up yet. Just no time! Last week, I didnā€™t play anything for 5 days in a row. :worried:

I wish I could do this! The ADHD will not allow it.

I play little bits of lots of games, or obsess over one game for all my free time in a week, get it almost complete, forget about it for months, come back, feel like I have to start over. :confused:

I donā€™t usually forget about them. They sit there in my library taunting me. Scrolling past everything I do want to play but have no time for, thinking, ā€œSomedayā€¦ā€ :pensive:

Then, there are a handful of games that might be awful, most of them coming from giveaways. I have to try them to see. The awful games I remove from my library. So happy that I can do that!

Even though I wonā€™t be able to keep up right now, I must say, great idea for a challenge!

4 Likes

I actually have to do a playthrough of Borderlands 1 (I think I got the GOTY edition for a dollar a while back)

2 Likes

:grimacing: ā€¦
didnā€™t that one, Garryā€™s Mod, become impossible to 100% now since garry moved on? :thinking: :sweat:

1 Like

So I just went through my entire Steam library and 98 games are eligible for this challenge.

It would be slightly higher but certain games (looking at you Witcher 2 and Oddworld) crash on me no matter what I do and others like Kingā€™s Quest and Hitman I only own the free first episode of.

3 Likes

To be honest I donā€™t think I 100% any of my games :sweat_smile:. Iā€™m not much of a achievement hunter, I just complete the game then stop, and if itā€™s free play I just mess around not intentionally getting them :expressionless:

2 Likes

can only imagine the pain it is for some that wants thatā€¦
i think i have 1 game currently that pisses me of on a single cheevo, because itā€™s ā€œjust 1 leftā€, but itā€™s ridic to get because of the games clunky controls combined with the achievement conditions,
-still that ā€œitā€™s just 1 leftā€ keeps nagging in the back of my mind ā€œbecause it just seems so simpleā€ to get one single final doneā€¦ :confounded:

1 Like

Itā€™s okay, looking at those achievements, thereā€™s no way iā€™ll get a lot of them. ā€œStart GMod 1000 timesā€¦ Waste a year of your life playing GModā€¦ Play with 10 friendsā€¦ Your Workshop uploads got ___ thumbs upā€¦ā€ Not going to happen, i just want to raise the completion because that 3% itā€™s sitting at is hurting my overall completion rate.

Abyss Odysseyā€¦ thereā€™s no way iā€™ll ever get this.

3 Likes