Steam Backgrounds-Favorites (Warning: Might be Data Heavy)

This is an extension from another forum topic that eventually led down this path.

Most of us have Steam backgrounds from badge crafting, sale events, etc, or perhaps you only bought one from a game you don’t even own because you really like that background that you saw elsewhere.

Which backgrounds do you like, and what is your favorite?

I have a few that I like, so I will just throw them here:

BADLAND:

Crimsonland:

Deep Dungeons of Doom:

Glass Masquerade:

Outland:

Punch Club:

Spelunky:

Trine:

Willy-Nilly Knight:

Anyway, I thought I would share my favorites of the ones I have obtained so far.

I understand there are a lot of bad backgrounds as well, but there are some good ones.

I honestly cannot tell which one is my favorite…

By the way, I thought about mentioning backgrounds we don’t like as well, but that seems like it would go nowhere, I am sure a lot of us have backgrounds we see no hope in gaining popularity as well.

Thanks to @xist, I now have the post much neater and am using spoiler tags. :+1:

23 Likes

Might be an idea to use spoiler tags for the images in this topic?

10 Likes

y cuz oh boy i can feel the anime coming…

11 Likes

I’ve been using this one for a long time now and it’s probably my favorite,

Alma Armas -VA-11 Hall-A

Some of my other favorites

Lord Brevon - Freedom Planet (bad game, dope wallpaper)

Elica - eden* (best maid of all time)

Milky Lake - D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die (I don’t even know why I like this one)

I don’t like to have it too flashy, that just makes me feel like I would have to work harder on the rest of my profile.

13 Likes

I have a series that I rotate seasonally.

Summer

Spring

Winter

Autumn

I love the cyberpunk backgrounds too, but they don’t fit my profile theme.

15 Likes

These are neat, I just bought Seasons After Fall this sale… Definitely looking forward to it! :slight_smile:

I don’t even know how to make things flashy… I see some people with a ton of art displays, but I am happy using the few basic Steam profile display settings. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Problem is, the best ones usually costs an organ. :rofl:

You can test the backgrounds in this site.

11 Likes

When you give an organ, you would still be able to use both arms and legs, at least it’s better than costing an arm and a leg! :rofl::joy:

10 Likes

I have a mark of the ninja one which is of course as stylish and neat as anything Klei does.

Summary

But this is how it looks applied:

Summary

Wow, that certainly livened the place up!

Got a shadow warrior one as well, which again kind of nice. Pleasant spash of blue and that’s a pretty well modelled character.

Summary

Applied:

Summary

Oh yeah, that’s the stuff. Just what the place needed!

14 Likes

lol

9 Likes

@Fraggles, what is your screen resolution?

The Shadow Warrior one would be a lot better looking on 1080P…

I agree the Mark of the Ninja background would not look good in a Steam profile.

9 Likes

Of course my screen resolution is 1080, but I’m never using steam in fullscreen, why would I do that? So much screen real estate wasted on dead space. My steam window is sized so that everything of importance is visible and nothing else. I mean I literally took 2 screenshots of my steam window, you can tell what size it is. : )

Also I really do not spend a lot of time looking at my own profile. If you guys are hanging out on my profile for any amount of time I have got to wonder why, but I’m sorry it’s so drab to look at.

10 Likes

I have a few I like to keep in the old inventory, but I definitely agree with @Fraggles that lots of backgrounds just don’t look good when applied.

My Old/Current Backgrounds (That work with Steam's Profile Layout)

This was an old profile, from Castle Crashers

Another old profile, and one I will more than likely return to eventually. From Depth.

Although I didn’t ever use it, I have always wanted to put this one on my profie. From Don’t Starve

God, I love this profile image. From Foul Play.

My current profile image. From the Bug Butcher.

Backgrounds that I like but don't work with steam's profile layout

Freaking awesome, from the well illustrated art of Nuclear Throne.

Anything from Slime rancher is also freaking awesome.

I like this image, but it just doesn’t translate well into the profile. From Steam Marines

11 Likes

I’ll drop the same link as in the other thread:

Wallpaper shopping guide, but some are expensive af…

8 Likes

My favorite Steam background has to be this one. I’m a sucker for this game and it’s aesthetic (even though I’m terrible at it).

Skullgirls

Here are a couple others I like

The Binding of Isaac

Volgarr the Viking

Furi

9 Likes

This is similar to what I picture a Chrono.gg background if ever the team gets together to make a game. :slight_smile:

Am I the only one? I am always on maximized windows…

I added it to my favorites at least. Not planning to do any Steam item shopping yet…

8 Likes

You are not alone

8 Likes

You can also set the browser zoom for steam’s page, for some it may look too tiny / hard to read though. My 1366x768 resolution laptop is set to 90% in fullscreen and 75% works well for windowed.

8 Likes

i only have 2 backgrounds. I find them cool.
1st one is from Saints Row

and the second one is for the memes

7 Likes

most of my backgrounds are from the steam events and i dont think they are unique enough for me to use them
but this one from dont starve is lovely

beauty

(i just wanted to try this hiding thing)

9 Likes