My twitch channel

Thank! I found the source of the problem, my bitrate was at 2500 -_-

1 Like

well y, i was just about to tell u that it might have something to do with the fact that u were streaming at 1080p 60 fps only, so u should check on twitch how to enable the lower resolutions and maybe start testing at 360p or so just to see what happens, also u might need to get a (better?) capture card to be able to stream consistently

2 Likes

Yeah, i’ve been looking at elgato :). Also, changing resolutions might help! I set it to 720p for now

2 Likes

but why?
i thought capture cards wasn’t necessary, even remotely, for pc streaming, and purely a console thing or if going nuts and using a dual pc setup for some extravagant reason ? :thinking: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I think they don’t affect your fps as it’s external whereas obs does

1 Like

granted i’m not well versed in this area, and it’s been some years since i’ve looked into it, so hardware might have changed
but as i recall, for “1:1”(single) pc streaming, capture cards could be a bigger hassle
anyway, just thought i’d raise the question, -since might be worth looking into, double checking, before just splurging on a (potentially needless) expenditure :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Elgato for streaming games on PC is completely pointless. Instead of merely streaming what is on your screen to Twitch you have to send that feed to the elgato which then sends it back to your PC which then sends it to Twitch. Causes a lot of lag via sound and proves no point unless you are trying to stream from a console.

4 Likes

Well, I know Lirik uses Elgato, so for the moment I’m gonna guess he must have a pretty good reason for doing so

3 Likes

To stream console games like we have said :rofl:

3 Likes

(some) pro streamers usually use a dual pc setup, where capture card then works fine, since it captures one/main rig, sends to the other pc that encodes and streams, for minimal lag/fps loss
for everyone else (using 1 pc), capture card (back when i last looked) was utterly pointless and could just cause interference/issues “at best”

4 Likes

yes as gnuffi said, they have one gaming pc and one streaming pc

4 Likes

You won’t get any viewers with small games. Twitch only promotes the huge games so you would probably have to start with one of those.
There are plenty of streamers that do small indie games but they got popular with big games or they were already popular on something like Youtube.
Of course you can do whatever you want and just stream indies for friends, I do just that occasionally.

4 Likes

You can as easily say that Twitch only promotes the big streamers too since the small streamers are all the way down just like the small games are all the way down. I believe the most important thing a streamer should do is play whatever he wants, cuz he’s going nowhere if the viewer senses that he’s not having fun or is faking it or whatever.

In any case, don’t hope to get big, just stream for fun, that way u won’t get disappointed for nothing, and if u were to get a following, it will be all the sweeter because u didn’t expect it to happen anyway.

4 Likes

If a brand new aspiring streamer with zero viewers streams the brand new (insert game here) they will be all the way at the bottom of the list for that game and will never get any views.

Coming from someone who did stream a couple years back its better to find your niche in Twitch and gain a loyal following before going anywhere near the new games. I personally streamed Mario Kart 8 with viewers for 2 months which gained me around 800 followers and 20ish viewers watching at all times.

Of course you need to have the right setup, scheduling, maturity, and voice for streaming so it is not for everyone. (Even though everyone who had access to a computer insists on streaming :rofl: )

4 Likes

Wait Michael did a interview? I gotta watch this o_o

3 Likes

I disagree completely unless you come from someone else or advertise super well. If you play a popular game you’re real far down on the map, but you’re on it. MK8 is not a small game btw and Hitomi Tanaka is keeping it alive. :ok_hand:t3:
It obviously true that you shouldn’t get into it if you don’t enjoy what you’re doing.

3 Likes

You haven’t looked at the list of people who play Mario Kart 8 have you? Its usually a maximum of about 8 people compared to (insert new game here) which has hundreds.

But by all means steer him into being another streamer who streams for months with 1 viewer :rofl:
Doesn’t hurt me.

3 Likes

Comparing MK8 to a no name indie is silly no matter how you look at it.
And all I did was offer my advice from my experience with Twitch, just like you did. It’s not something you have to agree with.

3 Likes

At no point did I compare Mario Kart 8 to an indie. I was comparing Mario Kart 8 to the brand new games that every big streamer streams getting all the viewers that you are telling a brand new person to compete with.

OP if you want real advice from long time streamers look up Dropped Frames and they (JP, Cohh, and Zeke) will tell you the exact same things I am saying to start up your stream.
You’ll have to find the episodes where they talk about streaming instead of just pure games.

3 Likes

I thought it would be better since twitch hides your stream all the way down with popular games but games that already have a following like binding of isaac but not over saturated will show you at the top

2 Likes