Spring Cleaning Event at Steam

It’s probably 1% off additional next sale/event… If we start cutting into their profits too much just by playing through this spring cleaning event, the game called Their Lives might just be slightly inconvenienced for a fraction of a second when they see their earnings grow less exponentially for a minimal amount of time.

5 Likes

Shareholders won’t have that.

3 Likes

Not so much I suppose, they are not publicly traded, so I suppose the shareholders are basically limited to people who have worked/continue to work there, if they even are doing private shares? I have no idea. I was merely suggesting the seemingly unlimited amounts of income pouring in from Steam users worldwide seeing a minor dip.

One percent off infinite is still infinite… :smile:

5 Likes

But it is also infinitely less than that previous infinite! Which means it is equal to 0 :fearful: (I love physics maths, as a famous cartoonist once said: “When dealing with these huge numbers everything can be approximated as a 1 or a 0”).

As a non-publicly traded company they still have “shareholders” they would just be the board of execs and company president/owner. As opposed to whoever decided to go out and buy some.

4 Likes

I understand that. I think I have seen some companies that are not publicly traded give shares as part of employment benefits options or maybe salary replacement options to their full-time employees… I just meant, I am not sure if Valve does this.

4 Likes

Laaate but maybe useful for someone. Idle Master is broken but you can still use it to make Steam think you are in a game.

It won’t automatically read your badge page and move on to the next game when all the cards have dropped but you can set it up to put you in-game to any game in your library, even ones without cards. It just requires a bit of fiddling, it’s what I did for this event, though I didn’t bother to do anything about the free games so I just got the level 2 badge.

If anyone wants a step by step guide on how to use broken IM just let me know, I’m too lazy to do it right now when it’s probably not relevant now.

4 Likes