Spec Ops: The Line Free on Humble

y sometimes it’s cuz of regional price differences though, which kinda makes sense, cuz otherwise ppl in certain countries could just “gift” ppl in other countries games and actually make money off of that, with the other guy actually getting the game cheaper than if he bought it on the store himself

5 Likes

I understand but I was “gifting”, not trading or selling.

7 Likes

understood, but say the game costs 50$ in one country and only 30$ in another, the guy in the 50$ country sends 40$ over paypal, and then the guy in the 30$ country “gifts” the game to the guy in the 50$ country; that would definitely happen on a grand scale if not countered

4 Likes

AND this is why we can’t have NICE THINGS!!!

5 Likes

that’s just the world we live in y, sadly

5 Likes

But mommy, I promise to be good! :sob:

5 Likes

Oh ma goood… i also have this game classified as : not for sale in your country… T_T
It s not fair… why people here in the 3rd world countries are so agressive? CAN T THEY FEEL THE PAIN OF MISSING SUCH GREAT GAMES? ( facepalm while crying in Middle Easter passive non agressive )

5 Likes

I am sorry to hear about your experience.

I originally put this game on my wishlist because of the difficult situations and decisions that you seemingly have to make, I thought this rather philosophical undercurrent within the game was such a wonderful idea.

5 Likes

We Need a “Feel Your Pain” button…not a “Like” button. I already activated mine or I would give it to you.

6 Likes

Can they activate it if it is not for sale in their countries?

5 Likes

lets try see, i have a key on hand we can test
who wants to try first @harith or @MCharbel?

9 Likes

The giveaway already started! :rofl: :+1: :hugs:

6 Likes

That game that was supposed to make you feel so many bad emotions cause you’d have to kill some good guys and blah blah
The gameplay is fun, the story was crap lol Idk it didn’t touch me, it was too dumb esp. in the levels nearing the end.

4 Likes

y i got a key from g2a from someone and that worked fine

go with our friend McDonalds given that i already have this game :wink:

6 Likes

spoilers spoilers

8 Likes

:hear_no_evil: La la la la la la…

Fortunately it was not much of a spoiler…

7 Likes

makes sense :wink: :+1:

@MCharbel, give me poke/PM, and you can get my spec ops key and see if it activates there at your place :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

and how much sense does that make rly??? it’s not like ppl here dont have access to shitty websites like g2a, talking about scammers (earlier)

5 Likes

It really doesn’t make much sense at all. The only block there is the original purchase, but not the actual game…

It’s like making it illegal here in the US for minors (under 18) to purchase cigarettes, but they can give the money to someone else to buy it for them… too easily bypassed…

5 Likes

some places it’s straight up regulation, note china, germany, australia etc all have different tolerances
i’ve “heard” Japan gets deliberately hampered regarding pc games from asian/japan creators because they supposedly “want” their customers to buy them on consoles instead :man_shrugging:

and then there is ofc the "reverse logic"idiocy from some publishers, :thinking:
where it’s ofc sensible enough people in US and EU shouldn’t be able to buy 60$€ titles for what amounts to 3-8bucks (or however much/low they price them for in certain countries)
but somehow disregard the thinking that the opposite could still hold true for some, ie a friend/acquaintance buying in “expensive” place at full price, to gift to someone in a low income place (effectively netting them a huge bonus), :man_facepalming:
but some of them just don’t think that far ahead i guess when they assign their steam region locking :confounded: (or the settings might actually be that confusing somehow… or they have interns do it :laughing:)
etc etc etc… "reasons!" -and very few of them good ones i bet :smile:

7 Likes