Site Feature Request - Login with my Steam Account, and check if i already have the same videogame

Hi there. few minutes ago, i had use my Chrono Coins to buy
Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad with Rising Storm

But the thing is, i already had the game, buy some months ago, but i forget, and the site not show me any warns, i already had buy with coins before, if i really want use my coins to get a new copy.

Well i will go to gift that code to a friend. and if possible make translations for the website :smiley: please (Like Spanish) xD

Thatā€™s is all.

[Title edited, because the old, was a mistake] xD

5 Likes

You canā€™t buy a game from the coin store more than once, you are intentionally prevented from doing so. So if you had already bought Red Orchestra 2 somewhere it was not from the coin store. You can not expect chrono to keep track of what games you own to prevent you from from making bad purchase decisions.

16 Likes

Perhaps you only thought you received the game through Chrono.gg because it is up right now in the inventory and you already own it. The game has been given out for free before, so you probably picked it up then and forgot completely about it, saw it on Chrono.gg and picked it up.

3 Likes

Umm let me check, ok

My bad

Then the request i need is Login with my Steam Account, and check if i already have the same videogame. for that not happen again. (i mean check every title i had on my library, for warn my already i had, and if i want a new copy, maybe for gift or something like that)

i almost buy with coins another videogame i already have on my Steam Library
Guns Of Icarus Online

Guns_Of_Icarus.png

Obviously because the Chrono.gg donā€™t know i already had the Game, let me buy it like if i donā€™t already have.

Because i really donā€™t remember already i had the Red Orchestra 2, i buy it :v

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, Iā€™m confused about the point of your post.

Are you requesting that Chrono give a warning before you buy about which games you own and which you donā€™t? And to do Spanish translations for the website too?

If thatā€™s it, it sadly is as @Fraggles has said: Chrono canā€™t, like any other online retailer canā€™t, tell you if you own or not a game before you purchase it. So you need to double check before buying.

Iā€™m glad you have a friend who wants your key and I hope they enjoy the game.

About the translation, I think itā€™s a very good request and I hope that @lonin, @dusty, @frst & co. can look into that as well as provide the regional price for every deal ā€“ which they already said they are working on.

EDIT: ok I get it, yeah, so:

Do you buy games for websited like HumbleBundle, Fanatical, etc?

Because I did, and they didnā€™t give me warnings about these things either. So I gave away the keys for games I already had or traded them, which can be a good option if youā€™re trying to save money.

Since they canā€™t warn me, I donā€™t see how Chrono would be able to?

We would all need to set our games to public, something that steam disabled by default a month or so ago ā€“ hereā€™s a link to an article about that. So even if they could add the feature, users themselves would need to do something on their end for it to work.

2 Likes

You can use scripts to alert you to owned games.

I use this one and I can recommend it. Itā€™s saved me many a double purchase.

ā€œCheck every web page for game, dlc and package links to the steam store and mark if itā€™s owned, unowned, ignored (not interested), removed/delisted (decommissioned), wishlisted or has cards using icons.ā€

It only works if thereā€™s a link to the steam store page however, so usefulness may vary from page to page.

Example on Chrono

The green tick showā€™s itā€™s owned.

4 Likes

most games offered here have a steam link to look at the game, if you click that you will see then if you own the game or not.

1 Like

We will be adding Steam authentication in the future, and checking your library for dupes is definitely one of the reasons why. This will require users to make their profile public, but since that used to be the default, I donā€™t imagine many people would be opposed to that.

8 Likes

Since spanish is my mother language and I have a decent knowledge of the words the brittish bard used I could help with that

1mw06n

3 Likes

Donde esta la biblioteca?

y i got u covered too, as long as that and ā€œMe necessito un poco dā€™azzucar.ā€ are the only things needing translatingā€¦

1 Like

Yo soy una patata.

Yeah, I think weā€™re good to go. Weā€™ve basically got ourselves a fine translation team already.

Weā€™ll just have to keep an eye on the @coralinecastell so she doesnā€™t feminise the store unnecessarily. : )

2 Likes

I understand the context, but I wonder how many people wonā€™t.

1 Like

That is kind of the nature of injokes.

1 Like

what i mean is read that without context and tell me how that sounds.

1 Like

Context matters, stop this senseless killing of authors!
If someone decides to make a snap judgement of me as a person on a single weird line of a single post then quite honestly I donā€™t much care what they think of me.

I trust that clears it up and we need not derail this thread further?

4 Likes

I was just making an interesting observation on how your sentence can be misconstrued, but if you want to be snappy at me that is fine. Context does matter but none was provided, just saying.

1 Like

I fail to see what the problem is here

1 Like

It actually wasnā€™t necessary to provide any context since it was a clear call out to a specific person so the context is that it is an inside joke and that is clear for all, so anyone who couldnā€™t get the joke would understand that he was missing the context of the inside joke and not further question it actually.

3 Likes

haha Iā€™m not sure I get it actually Iā€™m like

joke

:woman: ā† mā€™head

no offense taken, though, cause Iā€™m suuuuure thereā€™s joke in there somewhere.

Iā€™ve been overworking myself for the past few days though so my brain is mush. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like