See how much real money you've put in Steam

external funds used tool:

7 Likes

How do i get there in the client? I never use Steam in a browser.

1 Like

All I know is what gamespot put in their article, which doesn’t say/help much:

“While on Steam, head to the new External Funds Used tool, log into your account, and then scroll to the “Total Spend” row. There’s your number.”

1 Like

What exactly is “PWSpend” and “OldSpend”? I assume “TotalSpend” is all 3 categories but it’s unclear.

3 Likes

oh holy fck…:no_mouth: i did not need to be aware of that amount :flushed: -cant unsee :tired_face:
jeez :man_facepalming:, all that beer money down the digital drain, such waste :wink: :smile:

4 Likes

I guess old is old and pw is recent, lol

1 Like

my amount is $20, rofl

2 Likes

i couldn’t figure out to go there “by menu”, -but you can just paste the link “in steam”, like a comment on your profile or something, (maybe even chat message?), and then just click it, and it redirects you there inside the client

2 Likes

“Oldspend” only has a third of the sum and “PWSpend” is empty so I can’t really make sense of those 2.

Anyway my total hurts me… and I’m just gonna never look at this shit again.

2 Likes

and to think how far you’ve come off those 20$ only :wink: :clap:, the power of trade/effort :clap: :trophy:
if only i could have bothered with such, i might have saved some of this, and i don’t know, maybe bought something “useful” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:, like an ice cream dispenser + choko shavings supply? :thinking: :yum: :laughing:

3 Likes

“PWSpend” refers to the money you’ve spent on games run by Perfect World Entertainment, a Steam partner which helps run CS:GO and DOTA 2 in China and is currently helping the platform expand into that country.

2 Likes

What, what. How?
I spent 40 and very rarely buy games. I’m really stumped here :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

That worked, thank you

(318 games on my account)

1 Like

it’s also fairly fun to compare with
https://steamdb.info/calculator/

since then one can somewhat slightly estimate how much one might have spent on steam games bought “elsewhere” (tho it doesn’t account all that good for bundle prices/value iirc etc, but only “steam history prices”)

2 Likes

Capture
834 games in my library. So this is the amount of money you’ve actually spent with Steam, shouldn’t include any 3rd party sales, bundles or gifted codes, right?

I think that’s a pretty reasonable expenditure for a hobby spanning 10+ years. Though doesn’t include all the money spent on hardware I suppose.

6 Likes

Ah yeah that makes sense, I’ve never given PWE money at least not through steam.

3 Likes

yup, and by harith’s satuts, it doesn’t even include “earned” money either, like the “digital $/€” one might acquire via the marketplace etc. Guessing since that’s all “internal” money/repeat circulated $ :thinking:

3 Likes

I think it’s reasonable to say I’ve probably spent twice as much on games in total, must put at least that much into bundles and GOG.

2 Likes

If you use Enhanced Steam it shows store purchases, gift purchases, in-game purchase, market transactions and total spent values in your chosen currency if you go to Sign In

2 Likes

y but i have to say it does feel like “work” by now, but i have to either keep going or stop buying games, my steam wallet went all the way down to $0.01 (am at $7.83 now) from $80 the first day of these sales cuz ppl desperately started selling all their stuff as they need moneyz. (will lead to good profit once prices go back up later, lol)

I had foreseen this which is why i immediately bought Doom as soon as the sales started cuz i knew i might not be able to do it after.

3 Likes