Roulette: Open Beta - enter to win a mystery prize

This is your fault then:

1000 on (Black)

With GDBringer’s bet and this one, i think most of the bets made are now obsolete.

2 Likes

The original instruction was

Enter the contest by placing as many bets as you wish

And then I could see that one person doing –

1 on …
1 on …
1 on …
1 on …
1 on …
1 on …
1 on …

Then I was going to limit to ten (10) wagers, but there’s exactly ten (10) Bet options, so I didn’t want people to thinking there was a correlation there. I chose seven (7) because it seems like it gave enough flexibility, limited trolling, and didn’t open door for misinterpreting the instructions.

Maybe a different number is suitable? This is a beta, anything goes.

5 Likes

That’s one of the things I realized while messing about with different bet combinations that trying to bet on everything is largely pointless because even if you can guarantee yourself the 35:1 payout you’ve thinned the bets out so much that the payout wont matter to cover what you’ve spent and at best you might go even. There are a few ways to go for a sure win bet but none of them are really worthwhile.

The bet limit is probably still a good idea, just to prevent people taking the piss though. Clearly 7 wasn’t a good arbitrary limit though! : )

2 Likes

Roulette is very balanced, yes. The payout ratio is actually based purely on the actual odds to win the bet. Therefore, the ratio can also be interpreted as lose:win. Take for example –

• The Row bet is 2:1. The spin can only land in 1 row which, which is the winning row, the other 2 rows are losses – 2 losses:1 win
  • The Single bet is 35:1. 35 spaces are a loss, and just 1 is a win – 35 losses:1 win

This excludes the 0, of course, which the house doesn’t show in the pay/odds. :point_left: one more reason to remove the 0 from the game

I’m no Roulette expert so I can’t comment on strategy or what’s considered a “winning” move

What would you like the limit to be?

3 Likes

(0) goes from nerfed to buffed

(0) is now replaced with :gift:

If (0) is the result of a spin, another prize is added to the pool :clap:

We can’t leave everyone’s bets hanging open though. We will re-spin to get a new result and then bets will be scored. In the event of repeated (0), another :gift: will be added to the pool

I guess this means we could use discobot :game_die: for spinning 1-37 and (37) would be the :gift:

I’m still worried about perceived “patterns” in discobot’s not-so-random rolls though. Can anyone comment on this?

@YQMaoski do you know if we can do a complex roll like 10d37 1d10 ? The 1d10 could be used to pick which of the 10d37 is the spin result. Worst case scenario I summon two separate rolls…

2 Likes

Testing dice, folks @discobot roll 20d37

2 Likes

:game_die: 12, 3, 29, 18, 2, 5, 24, 25, 12, 5, 23, 2, 15, 13, 26, 26, 33, 34, 13, 3

2 Likes

Test #2/3 @discobot roll 20d37

1 Like

:game_die: 24, 7, 26, 28, 27, 21, 35, 29, 13, 9, 27, 12, 7, 13, 13, 34, 20, 24, 22, 10

1 Like

Test #3/3 @discobot roll 20d37

1 Like

:game_die: 14, 26, 35, 36, 19, 37, 8, 15, 4, 1, 35, 15, 28, 16, 2, 37, 34, 17, 11, 20

1 Like

@Pylinaer do you want to do some analysis on those numbers for me? Can you shed a light where the rest of us our blind? Do these numbers say anything?

1 Like

@ohko I have never tried to do the complex rolls, but you can certainly roll the final one separately to determine which one is used…

Initially I was thinking of doing averages or something, that might make for too messy numbers, because you will need to end up rounding, and inevitably, the numbers toward the middle will be heavily favored, whereas 1 and 37 would be improbable just because of the nature of averaging things.

But I like the idea of doing a system of rolls like you have mentioned, generating a matrix and using a simple roll to determine the rank that is used.

2 Likes

I’m a little confused as to what you’re asking. Could you help me understand what you would like me to do?

1 Like

@Pylinaer no worries :sweat_smile:

Based on your Rain Man entry I thought you might be able to interpret these discobot dice and show us some hidden information :male_detective:

1 Like

Ah. Those were all random.org rolls. Do that for giggles.

3 Likes

Just eyeballing these, the rolls actually look fairly random, there seems to be reasonable representation in every block from the 3 rolls totally 60 dice rolls into 1-37.

7 Likes

I’ve changed my bet post to comply with the rules, thanks @Pylinaer for pointing it out.

8 obviously.
But there are betting patterns that use 9 and up to 12 bets too that seem interesting to try though.
Testing to see if we can get the bot to roll several series in a single post.

@discobot roll 20d37
@discobot roll 20d37
@discobot roll 20d37

3 Likes

:game_die: 14, 21, 34, 3, 37, 13, 13, 26, 11, 26, 36, 31, 29, 18, 26, 3, 27, 14, 1, 4

1 Like

We can try 12 bets. I don’t mind the little bit of extra work :sweat_smile:

1 Like