Resetting Likes

I would like to see the like quota reset at the same time every day, say perhaps around the time the day’s new deal is refreshed. I have been running into a lot of notifications that I have run out of my likes on the forums for using too many over 24 hrs. I get a few back an hour later, and I run into the same issue again. If there is a counter that resets to 0 at the same time, I will not be repeatedly getting this notification. Would this be possible?

6 Likes

It’s probably a discord thing that Chrono have no control over. It’s worth asking though. good luck!

5 Likes

i’m gonna bet it’s probably a fair chance that’s the case

@YQMaoski, from my “trials”, it seems like the reset is for each individual like, so if you spam a bunch in a row, then have a “break” -you will keep hitting that wall
to not encounter it, try to remember when your “last” like was, and just wait 24hours from that, then you have all reset again
otherwise as you keep spreading likes around throug out the day, you’re gonna keep hitting that reset limit, for each batch of likes you made :confused:

6 Likes

Damn it! I said discord again, I keep doing that, as I was writing it I told myself DISCOURSE not discord and what do I do?

Discourse

DISCOURSE

???

DISCOURSE

7 Likes

:blush:
i find it sorta wonderful when people/we make that tiny mixup

6 Likes

@nebula7, I was thinking it, but I am still keeping my fingers crossed!

@Gnuffi, It seems unrealistic for me to keep track of them. My likes are spread out throughout the day, some during the day, some at night. Given the amount of activity on the forums here, it seems unlikely for me to stay quiet for 24 hrs… :smile: so I will probably have to keep trying to work with the wall. As of right now, I have to wait 8 minutes before my next like becomes available.

4 Likes

who/how/what and why the heads at discourse decided on some of these (many) weird features and systems “rules”, will probably remain an unsolved mystery for ages… :dizzy_face:
-things be crazy!

5 Likes

@Gnuffi @nebula7 You two should start using this to add to the list

They probably didn’t think people would be liking everything like madmen :rofl:

6 Likes

disqus… :thinking:
weren’t those the guys that suddenly changed their terms and basically strongarmed ads inside paying peoples forum format/comment section, to upgrade to a further tier without ads?

2 Likes

They put in an ‘achievement’ for doing it, should not require any great feats of intuition to realise that that would be exactly what people would do.

They’re also a yet another tracking agent embedded in every site that uses them.

4 Likes

That’s such a bad way of doing business… Yuck!

2 Likes

yea, but i’m not sure if i’m entirely right about that recollection, -but if it was/is, then yea, completely reprehensible

2 Likes

Well, yes, but the achievements can be disabled, in some other sites that I frequent who uses discourse, the “Crazy in Love” achievement isn’t available. One could blame the Chrono admins for making it available and believing that there would be Gnuffis around. Most of discourse users won’t be seeking such achievements regularly.

5 Likes

with the massive like spamming in recent days, i’ve got a feeling a couple is up for the “challenge” :smile:

4 Likes

I am guilty of using the “Like” button a lot, but I am not going through and clicking everything in sight, I click on the posts that I like, so I think it is a reasonable way to use it.

I do want that achievement though. :wink::smile_cat:

5 Likes

I’m not condemning you or anyone for pursuing it. It doesn’t matter if you have to really like the post or not when you’re aiming for such thing. You’re going to tell me that if there aren’t enough posts you really like that day you’ll let it ruin your streak so you have to start over again? :rofl:

7 Likes

well, at least until i abandon my morals and values and just get all like; “to hell with it -gimme dat badge!”
enoughlikes
:joy:

6 Likes

Fortunately, it’s not a streak accomplishment. Just enough days go by and it will pop up. I am not planning to go so many days in a row, that would be pretty crazy… We might not have enough activity on every single day to push the limit continually.

4 Likes

it sorta half is, because you do need to make that 50 “threshold” in the day,
(or you end up keep missing out and reach thousands of likes, for always forgetting 1 or shifting the reset timer :joy:)

7 Likes

I suppose it might be one where it would be easier to alternate heavy and light use days. In other words, this is easier accomplished by someone who is visiting the forums every other day and reading a bunch instead of being here every day… I find it difficult to get myself away from the site though, so that’s not very realistic for me.

4 Likes