Resetting Likes

yea, honestly took me a while before “getting it”
couldn’t quite figure out how i hadn’t gotten it by the time i reached 2k given likes, the way i felt i spammed likes, and kept hitting my limit lol, but i clearly must have missed “something” when visiting everyday, -until “proper determination” set it :wink:

5 Likes

Need more likes in a day :crying_cat_face:

4 Likes

Finding an old thread full of posts you haven’t liked already… it fills you with determination.

5 Likes

um likes reset? you can like something more than once? (I like this twice as much as I liked it the first time) But yeh I didn’t know this was a thing and I’m not sure why it is either

2 Likes

no, you can’t
1 like “per post per user”

the “likes reset” we are talking about here, is that you have a finite “like amount” each 24hours(50 for members, and Xmore for “regulars”), so when you max out, you have to wait until your amount limit is reset for the day, -but it resets per individual like, making it sorta go all over the place
(which annoys some since they would like to like what they like when they want to -instead of hitting some “like wall”)

7 Likes

You know, I always wondered how many that “X” actually is…

3 Likes

i thought regulars had around 75’ish likes with my halfassed counting
but according to @Truly it’s 100 https://206.81.1.216/t/youve-reached-the-maximum-number-of-likes-today/7391/11?u=gnuffi
i could just almost swear it felt like i hit the wall way before i reached 100 the days i did try to count
but i suck at counting, -only having 10 fingers and all that :joy:

4 Likes

We’ve gone ahead and increased the max number of likes per day to 75, up from 50.

We do think there’s value in users being thoughtful about who they give likes to (as is the reasoning given for discourse having the setting) but we certainly don’t want to discourage people from participating in the community if they’re an active member. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you! What is the limit for the regulars?

2 Likes

It should be 75. The added trust levels just multiply the base value.

Let me know if your experience contradicts that and we’ll take another look!

4 Likes

What’s the deal with likes? Is there something I’m missing?

6 Likes

No.

6 Likes

Whew.

6 Likes

It’s just that there is a wall that you hit if you hit it too many times in 1 day, and each like resets after 24 hours. So if you use your quota, then you end up waiting for each one to unfreeze/thaw before you can use it again…

4 Likes

Yea, I almost hit it last night when i came in from being gone almost all day. So I am sure I am close to it again today…

5 Likes