Red Faction GO-RILLA is Being Remastered

Personally, I felt that Steam Edition was already fine on its own save for a few nitpicks. That said, they have KAIKO aboard, the same team that remastered Darksiders 1 (and did an absolutely incredible job at that). What are your own thoughts?

Oh, and it’ll be free for previous owners. Whoo!

11 Likes

I just checked and I apparently own that game, cool if I get a free remaster lol

2 Likes

i’m assuming if that turns out to be the case, it’s only gonna apply to the PC owners?
(not that i mind, having almost purely a PC library today myself)
i just think it’s kinda funny, (and sorta neat), the PC are the ones to get treated so nicely when remasters happen (tho i’m not exactly expecting it to happen for the Dark Souls remaster lol), especially when some publishers decry PC gamers as the big baddie pirates, and yet many other of them continue to shower us with gifts and good will like this
i was very stoked about getting both bioshock remasters and skyrim “remaster” etc for free, not like they owed me that
^(tho strangely i’ve heard that opposite notion from plenty others when a game gets remastered like a publisher is automatically indebted to provide it for free to previous buyers years ago lo)

1 Like

I think i have just one question.
Would the free remaster be given to everybody regardless of which platform they originally bought it from.
Because if i recall correctly, i do own it on the Games for Windows live store.
That would at least be nice to know if so.

2 Likes

@HouGuard You’re a little late, but you should contact THQ Nordic with some proof of purchase. You might be able to get a free upgrade to Steam Edition (and therefore Warmastered Edition as well).

https://www.thqnordic.com/company/contact
I would recommend filing it under Support for RFG Steam Edition.

1 Like

Thank you @CptMold, i’ll give it a go.

Reminder - this goes live tomorrow. Freebie for everyone who owns the original.

2 Likes

My body is ready, the buildings are not.

2 Likes

:thinking:
unsure if i qualify for this…

can someone tell me which copy of red faction i need ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
:smile:
(ps, “dat complete bundle” :smirk:, dayum son) :rofl:

2 Likes

It’ll be added to your library at launch-- typically it can be anywhere between 3 hours before and 3 hours after. Usually, you’ll need to restart Steam after you get it for it to appear in your library.

You only need Guerilla SE.

2 Likes

So this is a bit of a curious situation. IF anyone doesn’t own the game and feel really very tempted to get it. You’d be well off buying the entire THQ library bundle for 15.99 and getting the remaster for free than buying the remaster tomorrow.

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly. Darksiders is a great game! Titan Quest is a great game if you’re into Diablo style stuff. Armageddon and DSII are…okay, and I really don’t care about the rest of the bundle. Even those five are well worth the price of admission, let alone the fact that it comes with tomorrow’s RF:G remaster.

2 Likes

I played a fair bit of full spectrum warrior back when it was new, in the days of yore. It was an interesting squad based real time tactical sort of experience that I’ve never had in any other game before, nor since. If you end up picking the package up I’d certainly recommend having a go at it.

2 Likes

hell, even if it’s been discounted lower on it’s own, i’d still say Darksiders is easily worth the 15 bucks. fck me Darksiders 1 is good. like, that production value, the cutscenes, the story, the voice acting :heart_eyes: :drooling_face:
… okay, okay i’m calm, not gonna jump in the “gushing thread” and start raving on how i think Darksiders is “action done well” :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Darksiders Remastered is also an incredible example of a remaster done right. The major bugs (like the Twilight Cathedral soft-lock) are all fixed, it looks better, it runs BETTER than the original version, and they remade every single cutscene from scratch in 1080p and 60 FPS despite the fact that a lot of original assets were gone.

RF Guerilla Remastered is made by the same team (KAIKO), but it looks like they kept the FMVs this time. Darn :frowning:

2 Likes

It’s out! Time to start downloading…
30GB. A little surprising (original is around 6GB, Steam Edition is around 8GB), but then again, it does have 4K textures this time around.

2 Likes

kindly make such optional then, so people without don’t have to waste needless space lol :wink: :triumph: :smile:

2 Likes

Sadly, that can’t happen until Steam actually makes a system that can handle partial downloads. The whole “flag it as DLC” thing is stupid, I hate redownloading my ultra textures every time there’s an update and being unable to family-share high quality textures.

3 Likes

lol i thought for a moment i hadn’t gotten it at all, not listed in library and not showing as owned in store
guess steam needed a little refresh to make things in order :smile: :relieved:

2 Likes

This must’ve been where you were going with that title

6 Likes