Recently Played Games

doesn’t hurt me, only hurts themselves cuz it shows the world what kind of person they are, which is why I leave it up :joy:

only thing which is annoying sometimes is ppl being too toxic during game itself, but if that goes too far, i just mute them and problem solved :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I see, that’s a good attitude. They can’t make up any excuses when there’s evidence of their character all over the place. :+1:

However, I decided to do this because I don’t want such people vandalizing and littering my profile with crap like this, wasting my time. Otherwise, it’s like if someone decided to unload all their stinking trash bags in front of your house instead of putting them in their right place.
It’ll not only make your place look dirty but also unorganized and unappealing to anyone who comes by. So I make sure to protect my place and put some security measures to make sure that this doesn’t happen.
Besides, it’s always good to surround yourself with good and positive things instead of letting yourself be infected with toxic people like that.

3 Likes

So i’ve grabbed a month of EA Play because it’s probably first and last time in my life then i give them any amount of money . I can say that for 0.80 eu cents i paid for it it’s an amazing value , that said even for a full price of 4 euros is still worth a go.

Games i’ve tried :

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is a really solid game and i had decent amount of fun with it. With it’s reasonable length it doesnt over stay it’s welcome and doesnt get old . Production values are over the top which is to be expected from EA published game and while it has some technical issues tied to it’s engine it ran reasonably well for me.

Only thing which didint really fly with me was just haphazardly implementing some of the Soulsborne mechanics which honestly didint add anything to the game and seemed there only to tick a popular box of ‘souslike’.

Other than that a solid one time experience ( not much reasons to replay it ) which can last you anywhere from 15 to 30 hours depending on difficulty you go with and if you choose to go after collectibles.

7.5/10

Titanfall 2 was second game i’ve took upon trying out and i would say that i was pleasantly surprised by it but i’ve heard that it has a very short but dense and all thrill no fills single player campaign and it certainly does.

I’ve flied through it in 5.5 hours ( and that;s on hardest difficulty ) so it really is very short campaign and if i would to be buy this for full price i would be sort of disappointed but keeping in mind i just ‘rented’ it for less than a euro i was really pleased with what i got.

It runs super smooth, wall running and gunplay is very easy and intuitive to get into and while story is really barebones it’s short enough and packed with enough different set pieces that not a single minute of it was boring.

Only negative i can point out that it has some weird issues with directional sound there you need to look directly look at sound source to hear it . It’s not intended that way but i’ve found other people complaining about same issues i had . It didint hurt singleplayer experience too much and with campaign so short i didint really bother looking for the fix.

8.5/10 for singleplayer . Didint try multiplayer at all.

Star Wars Battlefront II was again picked solely for the single player campaign and i was quite underwhelmed by it . You guys remember how in yester year multiplayer portion of a fps game was mostly made from singleplayer maps altered in some way to fit multiplayer? Now imagine the opposite .

Singleplayer campaign of Battlefront 2 seems like it was made form multiplayer maps . It has this super cheap feeling of playing multiplayer maps with bots with some cutscenes in between.

To game’s credit it does run very well and has very pleasant gunplay but it was so dull i simply dropped it after couple of hours.

5/10 . If you buy this for a MP and SP is just a bonus for you then it’s perfectly fine but buying this for a SP would be a huge disappointment indeed.

Currently i’m checking Unravel and A Way Out so i’ll maybe toss some of my opinions here about them later :slight_smile:

Cheers.

8 Likes

Just in case you want to there’s a number of EA play games that gives you “CD Keys” through steam that you can activate in Origin which will then be forever attached to your account. It’s not exactly an intended feature of the system, but it’s there and has been for a long time so take advantage if you wish. There should be a compiled list of titles out there but I believe at least the Dragon age games, Sims 3 and Peggle are among them.

4 Likes

I think I saw a comment that this is already fixed, but I could be wrong.

4 Likes

About damn time then.

2 Likes

Yeah, sounds pretty busted, I didn’t know until the video of The Spiffin Brit, that this was a thing.

2 Likes

Fixed 2 days ago, The Spiffin Brit posted his video 3 days ago. How was this a thing for so long when it was such an apparently easy fix? It’s been so widely abused and barely a secret.

2 Likes

I wish I knew about it. An exploit I gladly would have engaged in. :rofl:

3 Likes

I recently finished Earthbound. Yeah…
I think I got lucky; Ness had more than enough PP and Jeff had a strong reusable weapon item. I still think that if I hadn’t of brought a sudden guts pill for Paula, it would of been harder.

6 Likes

I don’t know if anyone knows this but…I’m thoroughly obsessed with all things Scandinavia. The cultures, the languages, the history…everything. In particular, I am fascinated by the time where the Scandinavians started being vikings. It’s just so compelling. That’s why I’m always on the hunt for Viking themed games, or Scandinavian games/shows/movies/music/books. I’m obsessed!

So, naturally, I picked up Valheim. I’m addicted. My friends are too. This game is incredible, and it is only in early access. It’s just so fun! It has a few things it needs to change to make MP more long term, but as it is now, it’s great.

If you have seen it and you are on the fence…get it. It’s $20 of pure fun, and only stands to get better and better!

10 Likes

Some Stronghold Crusader HD. I tried Stronghold: Warlords out. First time playing the series. I liked it, but it was a bit buggy so I thought, why not try the most acclaimed title in the series instead? It’s UI/graphics are freaking out like crazy but it’s not bad at all. I wish I could afford Age of Empires so I’m not hurting my eyes so bad, but hopefully I get the hang of this and I can expand my RTS games! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well, I finally got into Age of Empires. I love it a lot more than Stronghold Crusader. It isn’t that the other is bad, it just is way too hard to play with its outdated UI and instruction. I hope the new one is good, though.

Anyhow…playing as the Vikings (Norway, I suppose) in AoE II DE and I’m smoking the enemy. I’ve got it on easy of course, but that’s to be expected as I learn more about the game. I’m running out of stone and gold because there’s far less of it generated than trees, so I may download and use the “infinite resources” mod so that stone/gold and tree resources are infinite and I don’t have to go so far away for it. I know that’s the point of the game, but I’d rather build tall than build wide…if that makes sense!

5 Likes

Try capturing relics, selling in the Market the resources that you have the most for gold, or simply play maps like gold rush or arabia or any other that have many gold mines, about the stone just buy it when you’re out of it

3 Likes

been playing this:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/460930/Tom_Clancys_Ghost_Recon_Wildlands/

apparently steam’s link doesnt work here, so:

am 18 h in and quite amazed by this game. It rly is the best tactical open-world shooter game I’ve played so far. Playing tactically and trying to remain stealthy is not only possible but rewarding.

9 Likes

Been playing Animal Crossing, Smash Bros Ultimate and Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town. Will probably pause them tomorrow when Monster Hunter Rise comes out, but not sure.

If anyone here wanna do a battle in SBU or trade fruit or something on AC, lemme know.

5 Likes

The Sims 4 DLC prices are the insane. I just want to have cold/hot weather and parenthood related things, but not at $40 a piece! Without the DLC, the game is boring as hell. They literally lock everything behind DLC…the weather, people, the weather!

Skipped it to continue playing Kingdom Hearts. :unamused:

4 Likes

I’d say it’s also a consumer problem, it’s been like that for the Sims games (maybe not exactly the same pricing as today), but it always had tons of expansions that you had to buy. The bread and butter of EA and Maxis. And the thing is, they know it works because the numbers show, people can’t help themselves and say no, they’ll just buy it.

I did purchase The Sims 4 when it released, because it’s a fun game to play and watching other people play was also a grand factor. But at least I had in mind that they would fill the game with tons of DLC, so I enjoyed the game while it was just like that before one would get hit by the DLC blackhole.

One of the youtuber/streamer that got me into buying it even admitted that they shouldn’t have bought all the DLC in his last visit to the game (knowing the fact that he didn’t have the time to experience all of what he had bought). It’s a filthy trap, it often gets me because even though I bought a game when there was no announcement for DLC, once one is released I get this feeling that I can’t play anymore because it’s not going to be the complete experience without that extra content, it’s an awful feeling. So, I either abandon the game forever or wait for a discount…

If it’s optional DLC that adds no value other than being cosmetic or soundtracks, I don’t mind.

5 Likes

I started playing World’s Dawn recently, and I have to say, it’s lovely.
It’s a VX game, and I recognize LooseLeaf/Mack sprites when I see them, but still…

If you’ve played Stardew Valley (I have not but have seen some gameplay), there’s likely some similarity.

7 Likes

I’ve been playing a ton of Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (Remaster) on Switch with my sister. It’s a little bit of a shame there’s no local co-op, but I won’t complain about it too much. I just wish they would patch online a bit more, to reduce delay and lag.

7 Likes