Raffle X: Forgotten knowledge

Raffle X

Always something new.

Code of honour

This is an all-inclusive raffle where everyone has a chance to win a prize. Winners will be selected by a fair dice roll provided by discobot. Cheaters and fraudsters are not allowed and will be disqualified.

Every participant in this thread is here to carry out a smooth raffle. This process involves considerable work and if you want me to keep running these, please help me uphold the code of honour.

Prizes

:gift: Name DRM Sponsor
A Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded Steam ljrounds
B American Truck Simulator Steam
C A Short Hike Steam
D Avernum 2: Crystal Souls Steam
E The Beginner’s Guide Steam
F Finding Paradise Steam
G Horizon Shift Steam ljrounds
H Hurtworld Steam
I Moonlighter: Steam RaccoonV
J Okhlos: Omega Steam
K Uurnog Uurnlimited Steam
L Yoku’s Island Express Steam
M Swords & Soldiers 2 Shawarmageddon Steam DontBeSilly
N The Adventure Pals Steam DontBeSilly

Qualifier

• Earn any Chrono Badge :medal_sports: to gain one (1) Raffle Ticket :tickets:

• More badges means more tickets means higher chance to win!

• Duplicates count. More more more!

How to enter

1. Use the Entry Example as a guide, but do not copy it verbatim -

I’ve been wanting to try some of these games. I have 15 badges. Here’s my entry:

A. :tickets::tickets::tickets: (3)
    C. :tickets: (1)
    D. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets: (7)
    G. :tickets::tickets: (2)
    H. :tickets: (1)
    L. :tickets: (1)
    Glhf :clap: I hope I win!

2. Add/remove tickets next to capital letters, which correspond to the lettered prizes above

3. Do not exceed more than twenty (20) tickets for any single prize

4. Do not exceed more tickets than badges you have

5. Do not exceed more than fifty (50) tickets in total, even if you have more badges

6. The :tickets: emoji, :tickets:, is the only ticket that will be accepted

7. You can potentially win any game to which you apply at least one (1) ticket

8. You are not required to allocate all of your tickets

9. Winning for the sake of winning is considered bad etiquette

How to check your badge count

1. Click your Avatar on the top-right of this window

2. Click your Username in the drop-down menu that appears

3. Click Badges in the profile tabs

4. Count all of your badges, and duplicates, if any

5. You are awarded one (1) ticket for each badge you have, including duplicates

If you are tech savvy, when viewing your badges, you can get an automatic count by opening your developer console and running the following JavaScript snippet -

Array.from(document.querySelectorAll('.grant-count'), e => Number(e.textContent)).reduce((a,b) => a + b, document.querySelectorAll('.badge-card').length - document.querySelectorAll('.grant-count').length)

Schedule

• The raffle begins now
  • The raffle ends on Monday, September 2 at 9:00 AM (PDT)
  • Entries are locked after the :game_die: appear. You can edit your entries up until this point
  • After the drawing, winners will send a PM to claim their prize
  • Unclaimed prizes will re-raffled after 72 hours

Have fun

You can continue to earn badges while the raffle is running. In that case, edit your entry and apply any new tickets before the raffle ends.

Additional prizes may be added over the next day or two. Check back and reallocate your tickets, if you wish.

If you have any questions, just ask and someone should be happy to help.

:herb:

26 Likes

I’ll enter for
F. :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: (13)

Highly recommend American Truck Simulator! (and recommend using a controller)

Screenshot

11 Likes

OPINIONS

1. [C] A Short Hike
    This game absolutely won over my heart. It’s pixelated wonderment powered by a sweet story – and an adorably cute grandmother. You explore this gorgeous (and quite vast) island and its natural reserve as a cute birb. You can fly, hike and run all over and even play on the beach! Fishing is fun, doing side-quests is rewarding and the NPCs are charming and quirky. Only two hours in, A Short Hike quickly climbed high up on my all-time favorites list; nearing the end it had already nested inside my heart. Absolutely worth it at full price, and a must-try for free. :yellow_heart:/10
    {you can also check out my friend Kemo’s review here.}

2. [E] The Beginner’s Guide
    I end my review (which is purposely vague and cryptic) by saying “Once in a while a game crosses my path that convinces me that simply making and playing games isn’t enough: we need to talk about them. We need the conventions and the Steam reviews. We need the blogs and the Youtubers. We need our gaming friends and the coding community. That is where ideas spring.” This game is about creation, about deceit, about the absolutely vast world of knowledge and potential every single human caries with them. Or, at least, that’s what I got from it. I’m sure you’ll get your own impressions, and at it’s ridiculously short running time (1 and a half hours, tops) this journey is worth living, for the cheap time-spawn of a good movie. Highly recommended at 50% off, an impossible-to-regret journey for free.

3. [F] Finding Paradise
    Although I regret to say I haven’t written reviews neither for To The Moon nor for Finding Paradise, I can justify that by saying my vision was too blurry by onion-cutting ninjas to produce upstanding words. This is especially true for Finding Paradise, a game that had be absolutely SOBBING at my computer screen a week into its release. If you haven’t played To The Moon, play that first. To those who have played that, this is a must buy at 200%: full-price for you and another full-price copy for a good friend. To The Moon was absolutely a life-changing game for me and, although the second installment isn’t as memorable, I can say it’s just as well-written and crafted, composed by hitting all the same sweet tones. :yellow_heart:/10

Thanks to our dear host for the giveaway and to all the sponsors – anonymous of not – for their contributions.

For the first time in 84 years, I’m entering. I choose Moonlighter! :blush:

I. :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: (20)

16 Likes

Thank you for yet another great giveaway!

I would like to enter for:

C: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets:

E: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets:

F: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets:

K: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets:

Good luck to all other entrants!

12 Likes

I have 13 badges. I like steam games.
B. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
E. :tickets::tickets::tickets:
F. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
k. :tickets::tickets:

12 Likes

Thanks for another great giveaway to @ohko , @ljrounds and @RaccoonV :+1:

Good luck to everyon!! :raised_hands:

J: :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets: (20)
L: :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets: (13)

/edit sorry, forgot to add the (20) and (13)

12 Likes

@coralinecastell I appreciate the reviews!

I’ll enter for:

B.:tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets: :(12)
C.:tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets: (12)
E. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:(20)

12 Likes

so many awesome games, thank guys for making this possible. Also i will count my baDGES AGAIN

11 Likes

MY LUCK WILL BE DECIDED UPON THE MAGIC CONCH

C. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
E. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
F. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
H. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:

PLEASE BLESSETH ME THY POWERS OF THE NINE

12 Likes

if i did this wrong please tell me cause i counted 29 badges

11 Likes

Nice giveaway @ohko, as always. I have 221 badges.

I’d like to enter for:

B. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets: (20)
E. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets: (20)

ty :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Thanks for another interesting giveaway. I keep getting more badges @ohko but I still can’t use them! What am I supposed to do with all these badges?

With an even 400 badges now I’d like to enter for the following, please.

B. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets: (10)
D. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:(20)
L. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:(20)

12 Likes

Thanks for doing these wonderful giveaways:
I am pretty sure I have enough badges to enter for the game I want:
L. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:(20)

12 Likes

It has been a while since I competed in one of these raffles, but boy are there some interesting titles here! Good luck!
C. :tickets: (1)
E. :tickets: (1)
G. :tickets: (1)
J. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets: (7)
K. :tickets: (1)
L. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets: (12)

12 Likes

Wow. Another giveaway! Shortly after the previous one. Thank you guys.

I would like to win American Truck Simulator, so I put all my :tickets: (20) to B:
B. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets: (20)

12 Likes

I have 25 Badges (didn’t realise I had that many!)
I would like to enter as follows:
I. :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets:

E. :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets:

Thanks for the raffle good luck everyone!
:crossed_fingers:

13 Likes

Thanks for the giveaway, @ohko :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

15 Likes

:rotating_light: :rotating_light:

Two (2) new prizes were added, thanks to @DontBeSilly!

M Swords & Soldiers 2 Shawarmageddon

N The Adventure Pals

Edit your entries as needed!

:rotating_light: :rotating_light:

16 Likes

What a lineup, thanks for running this one! Looks like I have 37 badges if I counted correctly:

C. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets: (12)
E. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets: (12)
I. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets: (13)

11 Likes

Some neat games here! Unfortunately I don’t think I’d get around to playing most of them, so I’ll just enter for two, using 40 of my 47 badges:

C. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets: (20)
E. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets: (20)

I have a friend who I think would really love A Short Hike so if I win it, I’ll give the key to them if they want it. And for myself, The Beginner’s Guide is one of those games that I’ve been interested for a while, but other games always end up higher on my buy list (I have very limited funds for games, gotta do some triage).

11 Likes