Raffle 6: Gaming Gold

Raffle Waffle 6 :pancakes:

We can’t help ourselves, we just love some games more than others. We may even acknowledge it’s not the best game for numerous reasons, but there’s still something uniquely special about it.

Some games hold a place in my heart because of a relationship I have with one characters, or a memorable experience I shared with my friends, or an unforgettable soundtrack. To me, these are the “best” games if only because my connection to them is the most meaningful.

I’m interested to hear about your game bonding experiences. Which games have a place in your heart and what does this mean to you? How can we make these kinds of connections with the real world?

Code of honour

This is an all-inclusive raffle where everyone has a fair chance at winning a prize. Winners will be selected by a fair dice roll provided by @discobot. Cheaters and fraudsters are not allowed and will be disqualified.

Every participant in this thread is here to carry out a smooth raffle. This process involves considerable work and if you want me to keep running these, please help me uphold the code of honour.

Prizes

New to Raffle 6 is a MEGA prize. This specific prize does not have a ticket limit of seven (7); All fifteen (15) tickets can be allocated on the MEGA prize, if you wish. Continue reading for complete instruction.

:gift: Name DRM Sponsor
A Attack of the Earthlings Steam RaccoonV
B Cube Runner Steam persistnt
C Gremlins Steam
D Kimmy Steam
E Redeemer Steam RaccoonV
F Satellite Reign Steam
G Spin Rush Steam persistnt
H SteamWorld Heist Steam
I Sundered Steam elrodiel
J The Journey Down: Chapter 3 Steam
K The Turing Test Steam elrodiel
L Tomb Radier (2013) Steam
MEGA EVERSPACE (Deluxe + Encounters DLC) Steam RaccoonV

Qualifier

If your account is less than one (1) week old, you must perform the following actions -

1. Upload an avatar
  2. Write something in your About Me section
  3. Earn the Certified badge by completing the new user tutorial. Every member receives their first PM from discobot - check your inbox for details.
  4. Earn any other five (5) other badges

How to enter

1. Share with us a game you have a strong emotional connection to. What does this feeling mean to you?

2. Use the Entry Example as a guide, but do not copy it verbatim -

Glhf :clap: I hope I win!
    A. :tickets::tickets::tickets:
    C. :tickets:
    D. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
    G. :tickets::tickets:
    K. :tickets:
    M. :tickets:

3. Add/remove tickets next to capital letters, which correspond to the lettered prizes above

4. With the exception of the MEGA prize, do not exceed more than seven (7) tickets for any single prize

5. Do not exceed more than fifteen (15) tickets in total

6. The :tickets: emoji :tickets: is the only ticket that will be accepted

7. You can potentially win any game to which you apply at least one (1) ticket

8. You are not required to allocate all of your tickets

9. Winning for the sake of winning is considered bad etiquette

The Fairy

A helper fairy will make her rounds in a best attempt to help groom invalid entries. If you see :fairy: replying to you, it means your entry needs to be fixed before it will be included in the drawing.

Schedule

• The raffle begins now
  • The raffle ends on Monday, June 3 at 9:00 AM (PDT)
  • Entries are locked after the :game_die: appear. You can edit your entries up until this point
  • After the drawing, winners will send a PM to claim their prize
  • Unclaimed prizes will re-raffled after 72 hours

Have fun

If you have any questions, just ask and someone should be happy to help you. Best of luck to all who enter :four_leaf_clover:

28 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

3 Likes

Glhf :clap: I hope I win!
A. :tickets::tickets::tickets:
C. :tickets:
D. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
G. :tickets::tickets:

9 Likes

Here we go again :smiley: Thanks to @ohko for the giveaway and @RaccoonV @elrodiel and @persistnt for the extra games!

Good luck to everyone!

E :tickets::tickets::tickets:
H :tickets::tickets::tickets:
I :tickets::tickets::tickets:
K :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:

Edit/ A game with an emotional connection? The walking dead series, so far first and only game I cried while playing, when Lee died… so sad. Too bad Telltale went belly up.

6 Likes

The first game i ever played with my sister, Spyro the dragon. it started my obsession with collecting every single item in the game lol.

thank you to all the sponsors!

E. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
H. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
MEGA. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:

5 Likes

Awesome giveaway (As always) and for the game i have a strong emotional connection to… GARFIELD KART cuz that was where i met the love of my life JOHN ARBUCKLE

As for the games:

L: :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
MEGA: :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
H: :tickets:

5 Likes

@NaifGs

@rporter711 and @NaifGs

5 Likes

I glossed over it, thanks for the reminder @GeekInUndies

5 Likes

Hope I finally win something.
I have an emotional attachment to lego lord of the rings, because it was the first game I ever played on steam.
A. :tickets: :tickets::tickets:
H. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
I. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:

3 Likes

:sob: :skull:

7 Likes

@rporter711 Have you ever played The Last of Us? I don’t want to spoil it too much, but the prologue that introduces Joel… is heart-breakin’. Definitely a scene on par with the Clementine/Lee situation.

:anguished: :cry: :sob:

6 Likes

I know of the game but never played it, Ill keep it in mind if I ever feel like feeling sad but I dont know, I tend to play games to have fun not to feel sad. But yeah, heard about it and how good it is, also the second one is coming out if im not mistaken.

5 Likes

@ohko

I demand to be disqualified at once!

5 Likes

Who ever said you were qualified? :rofl:

Don’t worry, I recognised the example entry. I still like that you come up with a new way to let me know you’re here each time :blush:

7 Likes

ok, cool, I thought u liking a post still determined whether one was qualified or not, lol

6 Likes

@ohko, thank you again for doing this! Thanks to @RaccoonV, @persistnt, @elrodiel as well for donating games. :smiley:

A game that so strongly influenced my life, and thus my attachment, is Enter the Gungeon. It was what brought me to Chrono.gg and the community here. :smiley: For better or worse, my life has been changed dramatically since then, because of it.

:clap: Good luck everyone!

A. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
H. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
L. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
MEGA: :tickets::tickets::tickets:

Actually, any chance you could disclose whether or not the MEGA prize is two keys or just one? I really only want the DLC key. I shouldn’t enter at all into that if it’s just one key. If it’s two keys, I will enter and then the base game I can give to someone else should I win… :clap::beers:

7 Likes

I’ll participate this time.
C. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
K. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
MEGA. :tickets:

Thanks for doing the giveaways.
Hmm emotional connection… Does rage with Rocket League when my teammate own goals on me count? Hmmm… I am not sure about a genuine emotional experience I have had with a game, most times I play games to escape and am more about mechanics than story… I guess I really enjoyed the end of Portal 2, I thought “wouldn’t it be funny if I could shoot a portal at…” and did it for fun and was genuinely surprised and happy that that was what you had to do. I think that is why the portal series is one of my favourites, strong mechanically driven games with a decent narrative that is left to be as intrusive as you want it to be, you can go search out lore if you want, but if you just want to play it you can do that too.

7 Likes

J. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:

A game I have a huge emotional connection to, aside from Curse of Monkey Island – which I’ve talked about at enough – is What Remains of Edith Finch.

It’s my most popular review ever, where I intertwine some of the game with my own personal history. Here’s how it starts:

When I was 7, I found out that two brothers killed each other inside my house for the money my father paid for it. It turns out that all those years before my father renovated the house, two families lived crammed in it, in the same space that now snugly holds three people, one dog and one turtle – and an unholy amount of books, but that’s a story for another time.

The feelings it brought up in me were a mix of nostalgia, comfort and a little bit of fear.

Thanks @ohko and all the donors, once again!

8 Likes

Back in the days before Steam, my best friend and I got Nox (a Diablo-style hack and slash). It was a single-player game, so we took turns playing. This be strange now but back then PC multiplayer was rare since we were all on dialup modems. I think multiplayer may have been added in via patch later, but it didn’t matter since we enjoyed sharing the controls. We never minded when we weren’t the one playing, and took on the “advisor” role. So I think of those times with fond recollection whenever I play Nox (which is still a very good game IMHO).

And I guess I’ll be the first to turn it to eleven (/fifteen)

MEGA. :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:

6 Likes

It’s three keys, actually: 1 for the base game, 1 for deluxe upgrade, and 1 for the DLC

5 Likes