Raffle 1: The Division, 7 Days to Die, Dungeons 3, Old Man's Journey, The Long Dark

OMG! I sit corrected :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hey! It’s up to 7 tickets per game, so you could do:

@mandLUL 0 7 1 0 0

Or

0 7 7 0 0

In case you want to use all possible tickets and are only interested in those two games.

I hope I made sense. :blush:

8 Likes

Thanks for the Giveaway!

@Koroth 0 0 4 4 7

6 Likes

Good Luck everyone!
@Towos2442 5 5 0 0 5

6 Likes

@mandLUL :warning: invalid entry detected :warning:

This is the only post I will make about invalid entries. The rest of you have done a good job at notifying others. For the record, any invalid entries will be silently disqualified as it’s a strong indication that the rules were not read. And therefore it’s unlikely you skipped over the parts that are important to me and my sense of “we,” the chrono.gg community.

8 Likes

It’s been brought to my attention that it’s possible for someone to cheat our raffle. Who would do such a thing? I can’t think of anything more dishonourable!

When I read other giveaway threads, I saw rules that restricted new accounts or users with less than a certain badge count. Admittedly, I was proud to announce that my raffle was open to everyone - hence my final bullet-pointed rule, No other restrictions. Unfortunately, I think my naivety got the best of me here and I put the rest of the valid entrants at risk :fearful:

Because I’m so against the idea of someone cheating, I’m going to amend the rules, but I’m in a bit of a sticky spot here: @Towos2442, I’m making a special exception for you because I want to believe in my heart that your submission is a valid one, despite the fact your account is brand new. However, future entries from new users will have to be rejected for the sake of protecting others. This is a tough call for me because it does mean a more exclusive raffle, and that’s not how it went in my dreams.

To all the users that would’ve joined our community just to participate in this raffle, I’m truly sorry. If I can think of another way to include you in the next round, I will. If anyone else has clever ideas, let’s hear them - I’d really love to make it open for everyone.

11 Likes

Hey just an idea that would allow you to keep it open for everyone would be to ask them to answer some question you are curious about (usually regarding games but not necessarily) which would require more thought and effort than just entering but wouldn’t prevent new users from participating. What do you think?

6 Likes

I like this idea, but it does pose some troubling issues:

1. a fraudulent entrant with an imaginative mind may easily come up with multiple unique ways to answer the question

2. later entrants will have to read the answers of others, potentially clouding their own ideas, making it more difficult to answer the question in a unique way

3. valid entrants might feel like a fraud because they can’t provide a unique answer with their entry

11 Likes

Good points. Stupid downsides they’re everywhere!

9 Likes

Entrants must submit their DNA for analysis?

14 Likes

At Least a blood test!!!:exploding_head:

11 Likes

What about through a retinal scan? You can mail in one of your eyes postage not included

11 Likes

Maybe a small number of badges?

Anyone who has a minimal level of interaction with the community has at least a few – first like, first reply, first mention etc.

I dunno. I share in your feeling that I don’t like time to be a restriction. I was a very active member from day 1 and almost couldn’t enter my first GA because it had a 2 week restriction, even though I had many badges already.

I personally feel like a small number of badges is a less oppressive prequisite.

I’m sorry this isn’t going as you expected. I suppose people will always try to abuse other people’s generosity. We can either decide to accept it or take measures against it, I guess.

Sometimes we have to accept it for the greater good. Here, though, I think there are small actions you could do to prevent it from happening too much.

Most people who create brand new accounts do it for GAs. Doesn’t mean they won’t stick around, but that doesn’t change the fact we can’t tell either. It’s your call if you want to be extra safe these people aren’t gold diging, or if you just want to weed out those who are too lazy to pretend they aren’t.

Another requirement idea could be having commented on a different Chrono thread that isn’t a giveaway thread BEFORE the creation of your giveaway thread.

That would weed out both people that have old accounts and only use them to enter giveaways and people who just created an account for yours.

Thoughts.

11 Likes

Same here, that was a long 2 weeks to wait. I would develop sad puppy face everytime I couldn’t join a giveaway.
tenor%20(3)

8 Likes

Not entering, just dropping by to thank you for the giveaway, and to say that the ticket idea is a neat way to let people prioritise games, definitely keeping that in mind in case I ever do one!

9 Likes

@coralinecastell I appreciate the thorough write up. I’m iffy on arbitrary badge count because the “First ___” badges are so easy to earn and there’s so many of them - First Emoji, First Like, First Quote, First Link, First Mention, First Onebox, and on we go. I was thinking the Certified badge would be a good requirement (at minimum) as it takes a decent amount of time to complete the new user tutorial and has an added advantage of teaching users how to actually use the community boards properly.

I had a similar problem: I was a new user and wanted to host more giveaways but I couldn’t post more than 5 topics/replies in my first day, lol! I contacted chrono staff by email and luckily they were able to help me out. So yeah, I definitely want to do away with the new user restriction :baby:

11 Likes

Imagine someone with arachnophobia… (me).

Since the Long Dark has Linux support and i’m starting my transition to the penguin,

Cute family of penguins:

Edit: I changed my mind, i want to withdraw my entry.

10 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I am also drafting up ideas on how to allow users that have keys they want to contribute but don’t want the task of administrating their own raffle/giveaway. This way we can maybe make the raffles bigger or continue running raffles on guaranteed intervals, etc.

10 Likes

Thank you for the giveaway! :blush:

@mert 3 3 3 3 3

3 tickets for The Division
3 tickets for 7 Days to Die
3 tickets for Dungeons 3
3 ticket for Old Man’s Journey
3 tickets for The Long Dark

7 Likes

@choujiacheng 6 0 4 3 2

5 Likes