Raffle Waffle 1
So here it is, the first of many Giveaway Raffles I’ll be posting. I introduced the idea in this post, for those that are interested.
Please read the rules carefully. Above all else, I wish for these games to get played by someone!
- Each raffle giveaway will feature five (5) games
- Each entrant receives fifteen (15) tickets, but can only apply up to seven (7) tickets per game
- Entrants are honourable and should only apply tickets to games they actually want to play, even if this means not all tickets are applied
- Entrants can potentially win any game they apply at least one (1) ticket
- Only one (1) entrant will win per game
- Entrants can edit their entry at any time before the end of the raffle
- Raffle begins now
- Raffle winners will be announced on Mar 29 at 9:00 AM (PDT), or as close to that time as possible
- Winners will receive a PM and must reply in order to claim their prize
- Unclaimed prizes will be re-raffled after 24 hours
- On the off-chance a key doesn’t work, a replacement will not be provided
- Entrant’s account must be at least one (1) week old and have ten (10) badges
- No other restrictions
- A The Division (Uplay)
- B 7 Days to Die (Steam)
- C Dungeons 3 (Steam)
- D Old Man’s Journey (Steam)
- E The Long Dark (Steam)
How To Enter
Entrants will be asked to enter their tickets in the following format -
@username 2 1 5 4 3
Ticket numbers correspond to the ordered games. As noted above, the tickets must not exceed a sum of fifteen (15). The example above denotes -
- 2 tickets for A
- 1 tickets for B
- 5 tickets for C
- 4 tickets for D
- 3 tickets for E
Valid entries will receive a like from @ohko. Invalid entries will be silently disqualified.
And remember, you don’t have to allocate all 15 tickets. Only apply tickets to games you honestly wish to play!
Feel free to add something cutesy to your entry. Everyone loves cute things
The raffle program is completely open source. You can view it and run simulations in your own browser by following this link.
EDIT: An updated raffle program has been equipped with a Pseudorandom Number Generator (PRNG) that can now take a dice roll from discobot and provide a deterministic raffle result! For more details on what that means for transparency, see this post below
Let me know what you like or dislike about (1) the raffle, (2) the game pairings, and (3) the raffle duration. For this round I purposefully put a few good contenders in there to force people to be strategic with their ticket allocations. I’m curious to hear your ideas - you can influence change in the next round!
Have fun and good luck