Radical Heights

Has anyone heard about this? It seems semi-interesting. I’m not super into the whole battle royale thing right now, but I’m still curious to see what the Lawbreakers team has cooked up.

Sounds free and I’ll at least try a free game once.

8 Likes

I can’t see this succeed rly. This might be their last game i think. There’s a huge amount of battle royale games on the way, and u’ll rly have to stand out to survive. I can’t see anyone leaving fortnite for this, for example, and that’s their main competition right now. Same with pubg, anyone who would leave pubg for something like this already plays fortnite. And the graphics look rly shitty here too. And then there’s ALL those other games coming. Levelcap even thinks pubg might eventually go down the way h1 did.

6 Likes

Heard about it this morning I’m going to check it out tomorrow and see how it is, to me so far it looks like a mix on h1z1 and Call Of Duty’s zombie mode in COD WWII but I’m hoping it’s at least decent and fun.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not really seeing anything stand out to me either here, but I’ll save final judgment for tomorrow.

I want it to be at least a bit of fun as well. I like when new stuff comes out. So exciting :slight_smile:

5 Likes

-never stop chasing trends

:smile:
granted charging money might have been a fair part of what made lawbreakers fail,
but still, just chasing trends in areas that are not just saturated but colossally dominated too, still seem like a risky’ish step, despite being free…
so many battle royale shooters/games in 2018 to contend with… -not to mention fortnite is already free, so that’s 2 big barriers to overcome right there already on its own as is, without all the other games’ contests too…
Good luck to them, maybe they can bring something new/different to this game :+1:
(or just get sued for frying pans and rubber chickens too) :joy: :rofl:

5 Likes

That’s actually pretty hilarious. After the Lawbreakers team initially showed off Lawbreakers, and told everybody and their mom that it was going to be the F2P Overwatch of the hero shooter genre, for months.
And then around when the alpha went public, they 180 into costing 30 bucks for preorders, game comes out,
nobody plays it,(surprise, people play Overwatch instead) then when the playerbase plummets to 3 digits they then think about going F2P. And now they chase the Battle royale genre with a new game that’s free? Sure i guess.

It’s definitely a significant downgrade from Lawbreakers in both graphical quality and art style.
But hey, they are probably running the company on lifesupport right now. So i guess they’ll have to do whatever to survive. :dizzy_face: :skull:

4 Likes

If you charge more money for a less popular, less polished version of something that’s already out there, and it’s a game that requires a significant player base to be able to run, then it’s kind of a no-brainer that it would be forgotten in the dust… F2P is always a good way to get in the door. I might give this one a go, but I am really not into multiplayer games, I might give the other one that @anon74641759 plays a go… Brain Out I think it was called… Yep!

I always seem to operate better in 2D than 3D games… :sweat:

4 Likes

hmm this looks interesting

3 Likes

Man I got to try the beta of lawbreakers and I usually am average/tiny bit above average in shooters, but the controls in this were so floaty omg it’s awful.

4 Likes

It didn’t help much that their tutorial wasn’t that great. I believe it’s TotalBiscuit that really goes into that a bit more about how they didn’t fully explain rear shooting and how they could have done more to really explain what sets this game apart and how to properly navigate in low gravity. Correct me if I’m wrong.

5 Likes

a bunch of streamers are playing this game right now if anyone wants to see; the “audience” audio is cringy af

2 Likes

i’m watching lirik play it right now and i agree the audience stuff is pretty laughable especially Spin to Win.

3 Likes

y watching him too, game seems to run quite well, but graphics are kinda shitty and the bike riding is vry buggy

3 Likes

omg steam reviews at 29%; this is f-ed from the start

4 Likes

If my last game failed and this was the only thing i could come up with to keep my studio alive i would just close the doors.

4 Likes

yup, i fear for them; i am impressed with how fast they appear to have made this game “playable” though

wtf rivers look like blue paint

3 Likes

and the player model looks like he’s running around in front of a green screen and is not rly “there” in the game; don’t think i’ve ever seen that b4

3 Likes

I think the devs misunderstood when someone said they wanted a royale with cheese lol

7 Likes

lol, lirik already hooked on cheeseburgers, frantically running around left and right: “I need a cheese burger, I need a cheese burger.”

3 Likes

this game was made for the Doc though, lol, he can fit right in

3 Likes