[PSA] Alienware Arena is switching ARP over to a currency system

Source: https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2162951/boards/awa-information/News/arp-6-0

This is not necessarily a deal, but I thought it was on topic and important enough for people to know about!

I literally JUST got to lvl 30 too… :sneezing_face:

What are your thoughts on the changes?

11 Likes

Yeah, I’ve already posted about it:

Well, hopefully this new system will be fair to non-US users and they won’t give us “There’s Poop In My Soup” level of games. :+1:

8 Likes

You’ll get some bonus ARP when we go live based on your overall total. Its not a lot of redeemable ARP, but its some to start with. The top 1000 guys will have a healthy amount to play with at first. They did earn it after all.

https://na.alienwarearena.com/rewards/leaderboard

Woohoo… one of da top 1000 baby! :tada: :partying_face: :tada:

8 Likes

Cool they’re introducing bot catering 2.0! Now we can continue to have broken daily/weekly activities that don’t reward ARP and bots can grab all the “limited quantity” games and sell them on scam sites like G2A. :unamused:

9 Likes

I’ll be interested to see how much of a bonus we top 1000 get for arp. I’m currently 27044 arp / rank 146 on the leaderboard as of this morning. It’s 50 arp base for everyone but i’m not expecting much back as a bonus.

9 Likes

Yea, I got to Level 30 a few months ago.

I got @Animosity and Geeky as friends there…What’s your nick over there so we can add friends?

6 Likes

office

6 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

Still updating. Beep beep boop boop.

5 Likes

The admin in the post said it could be 12 hours or more. :grin:

4 Likes

So I’m Level 20 with about 2150 ARP as of last night. Can I still level up…what happens now, we get currency or something no more arp? I got the Mr T fool badge thingy i guess i get keep that I’m thinking. Also I never claimed my tier 20 rewards like the free socks or hat, or dell bucks hope I still can after this.

6 Likes

One of the admins from AWA (cartire) posted this on reddit:

“Thought I would pop in here and leave a quick comment (yes, Cartire from AWA). Giveaways and all other promotions arent going anywhere. The marketplace is just the rewards page from before, but getting more stuff, including more valuable and newer games you can spend ARP on. But those are completely separate from normal giveaways which will continue as is.
And yes, some giveaways will still be locked behind higher tiers.”

Source

6 Likes

Yes, from my understanding, you will still level up as you did before. The only difference is that the ARP that you earned to reach those levels will be converted into a digital currency unique to AWA that can be used to purchase rewards. You lifetime ARP will determine your level. However, you will not have 2150 ARP to spend. It will be adjusted to what they’re calling “a more appropriate level.”

From my understanding, yes and no. The rewards will still be available after the update, but instead of them being a free selection, you will need to spend ARP to acquire them.

On a side note, although more options will become available as rewards like steam keys. The steam keys will likely never be available unless you’re super lucky. The keys will be available in limited quantities. The site is already running rampant with bots that snatch up every key on the very rare occasions they offer a free steam key. Having multiple steam game options and “more valuable and newer games” I only see the people running the bots doubling down on their efforts to make sure they can grab them all.

7 Likes

It’s back up!

Rank 146
27058 Arp (all time arp)
Spendable Arp: 1305 :rofl:

5 Likes

Yes, it is.

309 ARP and 6134 Lifetime ARP…

5 Likes

I just want to say the new avatar system is lame as fuck. Who ever thought a cool replacement for custom avatars is doll dress-up is a dumb shit. Come on Bruh!

7 Likes

It is agus-chan, I made it back in my anime days hahaha.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’ll miss my Lexington avatars, and if I wanna do so I go to Gaia Online, heh, which’s a living relic of the past. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

It’s back up, but in classic AWA style, it is not awarding ARP for daily tasks.

337 spendable ARP after login. 337 spendable ARP after doing the daily and time on site.

5 Likes