"Papers, Please" - i need your thoughts before deciding

what’s you guys opinion, thoughts, on this game?
got notified about this deal, and with just 22 hours left i’m looking for someone to push me to one side or another over the “decision line”

my personal current thoughts:
Pros; 80% off, “new high”, and being below 2bucks seems affordable enough to “gamble”
Con; unsure if i’ll actually end up playing it…
:thinking:
sway me one way or the other people!

4 Likes

There’s a demo in the dev’s website. If you’ve got enough time You can sway yourself, i’ve never played it.

http://dukope.com/

6 Likes

I played the free version of it before the game was fully developed and found that gave me all the exposure to this title I needed to move on with my life. It’s a pretty interesting experience but really not something I’d put more than a few hours into mostly just to see what all the hype was about. I second @FornnhecaCunha’s suggestion of playing the demo for yourself.

5 Likes

Fantastic game and a unique experience. I paid full price for it back in 2013 and would do so again in a minute. Don’t even think about it, just buy it and play it! Sure, you could try the demo but for $2 it’s well worth the gamble. I really think you will enjoy this one :grinning:

6 Likes

Totally worth it, but if yr not sure yr gonna play it atm, I’d suggest you just wait for the next sale and get it then once yr sure then. Maybe you should take a look at yr gaming backlog first and start there… That’s the advice that I’ve been trying to give myself these last few months at least.

4 Likes

I think it’s a great game worth more than $2, but if you’re not sure you’ll get around to playing it, then don’t get it. It’ll probably be on sale again, and even if you end up paying more for it, if you actually play it, I think it’ll be worth it. But if you never play it, then no matter how good or how cheap it is, that’s wasted money.

I haven’t played the demo and don’t know how representative of the game it is, but I want to point out that a lot of the value of the game, to me at least, is in the long-term decisions and stories you make. The replay value comes from that, as well. The basic gameplay is neat in its own right, but it’s not what had the most impact for me.

3 Likes

Depression simulator. Buy it because it is freaking sweet

5 Likes

Meh. I’d go for Beholder or… ORWELL instead.

Orwell first. I’m all for indie devs trying new things, but Orwell was absolutely exceptional and I’d recommend it as a GAME… that puts it quite a bit ahead of many other games in that type of genre. It tells a fantastic story.

3 Likes

I think Papers, Please is amazing. I’ve spent 25 hours playing it according to Steam… :thinking::smile:

5 Likes

thank you all for weighing in so far
alright, guess i have to sleep on it, -maybe see if i can manage to sneak in that demo tomorrow,
tho i’m thinking "15"minutes probably might not do the game justice for it’s “deeper” potential :thinking:

this was one of my glance impressions that made me consider the game atm :smile:

2 Likes

love it gets very hard, I haven’t gotten past the bad ending xD I got all the way through thinking one path was right and it very much was not, and at that point I couldn’t be bothered starting over xD

amazing price though :open_mouth: scoop it up boyo

8 Likes

After reading this thread i chose to get it myself and so far on day 12 i love the game.

9 Likes

I got it yesterday and already played 5 hours. It’s pretty good and hectic before you manage to optimize your reading / checking process, especially when you need to compare like 5 documents :smiley:

It having 20 endings means it will take probably about 30+ hours at least to finish, even if you are an expert border inspector. I see there are plenty of scripted events that can be played in at least 3-4 different ways.

For that price is total steal… I can’t stop playing it now!
1 hour and 17 mins remain of the deal :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Gorgeous! Try it!

ps. where-s the deal? Thanks!

3 Likes

it’s on steam (40mins currently left on the deal)

1 Like

Yeah I really love it! It’s simple and gives enough of fun. I even made a short video on it why you SHOULD play it!

7 Likes

alrighty, thank you all,
i didn’t have the opportunity to test out the demo today, so had decided to just go ahead with it (was still in cart from yesterday being undecided)
-when it turns out i get home and open up steam and about to complete it and i notice a notification

seems “someone” snuck in a gift my way :blush: :hugs: :heart_eyes:
so a thousand thanks “you” for literally making the decision for me :smile:
-looking forward to be the one opening the floodgates to Arstotzka
“Kolechia!!!”

7 Likes

I bowed to peer pressure and got it. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Same here, I know it is a popular game but I found it was not my type of fun to pass the time.

3 Likes

Agreed, even though I already played a bit in the past – through Family Sharing – and didn’t like it much.

But eh, who cares. It was cheap, right? eye twitch

3 Likes