No Man's Sky FREE expansions

Yet another new update, and it contains a lot of new context, reworks and more. Tornadoes, y’all, tornadoes!

5 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

I look forward to not being able to use the new settings. lol love that the updates just keep coming.

4 Likes

7 Likes

…Dat title though… It wasn’t me!

https://206.81.1.216/t/multi-likers-shaming-and-loving-thread/23788/47?u=geekinundies

5 Likes

Thanks for the reminder about the drops. I will say that whether or not you like this update, people are comparing it to a battlepass style mode, they have come out with a crazy amount of free updates. The last one wasn’t even a month ago.

3 Likes

3 Likes

No Man’s Sky x Mass Effect

4 Likes

I saw it and immediately suspended Mass Effect gameplay to try it out. I’m so far behind though, I’m not sure what to do now. lol

3 Likes

No Man’s Sky is having such a great redemption arc

5 Likes

It really is. The only other game that took its bad criticism and re-amped into something great was FFXIV. No Man’s Sky is rocking it.

Can’t wait to test out performance with DSLL. Hopefully it’s decent!

5 Likes

3 Likes

“But what do you DO in no man’s sky?”
I fully admit I’ve not bothered to keep track of what the various updates have brought, but did they do anything that made it worth playing? Have they altered the upgrade paths and resource gathering aspects of the game, have they made the exploration worthwhile? Or are the quintillions of procedural generated planets still largely the same or are you actually expecting to find something new and exciting when you stop by your 100th planet? Or the 5th?

If you had an issue with the gameplay loop on launch, would you have find it improved at this point?

2 Likes

Generation itself still uses the same assets over and over again, but the planets are randomly generated enough that they are worth exploring. I still maintain they need to do a rework on generation, something akin to the mod, but it’s not too bad. Resource gathering largely remains the same, but they’ve changed starting tools and the ease of it. Expeditions and true open multiplayer offers more to do now, with daily quests and monthly ones, and now you can just hope in and you’ll see other people immediately–provided you don’t start in a completely new area.

What now needs major adjustment, I think, is this:

• Building system (it’s too clunky, and there’s not enough parts)
  • More things to do around the base (why have a base when the fleet can do it all and more?)
  • More space-related content (more things to do there, more battles etc etc)
  • Procedural generation (right now, more assets and planetary biomes need to be added, or at the very least, how it is all generated)

Then, I think, the game will skyrocket in players and support.

6 Likes

Oh yeah I did hear something about base building, did not really understand how they came to that idea. Isn’t the game centered around the idea of constantly moving on, the only hard goal of the game being to reach the center of the galaxy or something?

How does that synergize with base building? Seems to me like a game play aspect that is in complete opposition to the game’s very nature.

2 Likes

You make portals at your bases so you can quickly move all around no matter where your bases are built. What we do is build a main base that has most of the buildings and make smaller outpost type bases just for when we need resources and such from those type of planets. This way you can keep moving and exploring but go back when you need specific things done at specific planet types. Also you need bases for storage because when you die, anything on you disappears. Only storage and ship cargo remain after death. Your bases also have NPCs at certain buildings that you get stuff from including quests. Honestly there is so much to do in game now that we haven’t even thought about getting to the center yet. The Anomaly alone has added tons of stuff to do and really fun with a group of friends. Just a fantastic game and base building is a great addition.

Edit: Oh and one last thing I just remembered, you need bases for storms. Some of the storms can kill you quickly so you need somewhere to hide, although you can hide in your ship as well.

4 Likes

*Now with STEAM TRADING CARDS and BADGES

4 Likes

Thanks @GeekInUndies :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

New No Man’s Sky Twitch drops enabled from Thursday September 9th to Monday September 13th.

4 Likes