New Releases That You Really Want (Top o' Wishlist)

Have I ever mentioned how much I love Final Fantasy Tactics? This one isn’t releasing anytime soon, but is at the top o’ my wishlist :smile:

Notice any similarities?

7 Likes

Hi Five! Final Fantasy Tactics is one of the best games of all time, and certainly a contender for one of the best Final Fantasy’s (or at the very least top 3). To this day I play it regularly (PSP version though). I still really have to fire up Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together though…It’s a tragic hole in my SRPG experience.

@YQMaoski reviewed Regalia which I though might scratch a little SRPG itch? It certainly looked ok.

5 Likes

Regalia is fun, kind of a time killer though, there a decent amount of talking/spending time with people to level up with them to get passives and abilities. The battles are mostly random I think. Terrain has quite low variability, but there are some minor considerations heading into battles. I tried loading and restarting a battle a few times to see if enemy locations are preset, and they really are not, mostly RNG based, within reason anyway. Some battles takes a long time as well. Only armor up, no healing.

Only places to save are in town and in specific camp sites in dungeons, I wish they would just let you save anywhere, any time.

I do like the openness of being able to follow the type of gameplay you wish with leveling up with certain characters for their passives. Each character has open slots to equip and unequip passives, so you can play around with different options.

The worst part that I don’t like is that there is a timeline/deadline, so that you are forced to do a number of things out of a long laundry list (your choice) in order to progress. I didn’t even get to the end of the game, though I made it past halfway. I was reading a little bit that after the main story is done, you can still keep playing and do post-game stuff, which is nice.

I am not sure how I would stack this among some of other games that you consider to be the best among SRPGs, I would say it’s not particularly outstanding. But it’s fun and does involve a decent amount of thinking and decision making.

I did have to turn off the voices… If you keep the sound effects on, you only get short default bits and grunts, etc, not the voice-acting. The reason I had to turn it off was it felt like the voice style was meant for younger children, but the voiced content was sometimes much rougher, the disconnect made me turn it off.

Anyway, I did have to truncate about half of my review due to the steam word limit on reviews, realized too late. And a lot of folks don’t like read reviews that are too long, so I am okay with that.

It’s been a couple of weeks, so I cannot get into specifics of what else I left out of my original review (mainly because I have forgotten… :blush:). I did have fun with the game, but it’s definitely far from perfect. Expect to throw a lot of hours in if you decide to play it.

7 Likes

Thank you for sharing :heart:

6 Likes

Voidspire Tactics is kinda like FFT. You’re limited to a party of 4 characters, but it has a nice class tree and you can use abilities from any two classes. There’s also the speed based turn system, but I don’t think it gets as broken as it does in FFT.

6 Likes

Guys, I am

SHOOK.

This has te potential to be one hell of a fine game. Thoughts? I loved the trailer, for one. Has the perfect Lovecraftian vibe, imho. Speaking of which, I'm loving this small new surge of Lovecraft games we're saying lately. Anyone else notice that?

Cultist Simulator, Fhtagn!, Lust for Darkness,Gray Dawn

9 Likes

Would you please STOP???:stop_sign: I am already over 1300 games on my wishlist.:exploding_head:

6 Likes

Not to forget Frogwares The Sinking City.

[EDIT] Also this one just appeared in my DQ: Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones

3 Likes

Red Faction: Guerilla Remastered (oh sorry, Re-Mars-tered… kill me pls) is coming out tomorrow. Free for previous Steam/GFWL owners, $20 for all new players, all platforms except Switch. I’ll admit I’m mildly looking forward to it now, even though it doesn’t seem to be as much of a monumental undertaking as the remaster KAIKO previously made for Darksiders. I’ve been capturing footage of the Steam Edition just in case I actually end up making a video on the remaster, because hey, why not? I definitely want to see how they can improve on the game, and I’m pumped to finally get in a multiplayer match.

If you’ve got anything left over this Summer sale, how about the New THQ Classics bundle? Red Faction Guerilla SE (plus the remaster that comes out tomorrow), Red Faction Armageddon, Titan Quest + Immortal Throne, and Darksiders 1/2 Remastered… $18 right now altogether, along with a few other games I couldn’t care less about. That’s 80% off, and I’d say getting the games I mentioned above for less than $4 apiece is well worth it.

3 Likes

Lovecraft is eternal, there is always a ‘surge’ of lovecraft games, it is just that more of these are not terrible.

I do however really like the trailer… but I hope it is not just an ‘outlast’ esq hidey game with a lovecraft skin over it…

I am cautiously optimistic about

1 Like

Major thread necro again…

I would like to point out that this game looks pretty good, isn’t too expensive, and is on sale… And for its namesake, I want to point @Animosity to perhaps look at this title… :slight_smile:

Actually, it looks right up your alley too…

6 Likes

Always room for more co-op.

Is anyone here playing factorio, I am following it and still am unsure if it is for me.

2 Likes

Added it to my wishlist just now. Thanks man even tho i should have found it first :rage::grin:

Update: I just bought it and i’ll give it a try in a little while.

3 Likes

Always fun to have a game with your nickname! @YQMaoski Welcome to the club @Animosity

It was pointed out by someone here on chrono as well, I can’t remember who though. :rofl:

Obs: Game is unrelated to the main topic, it’s been long released.

4 Likes

I did not even know this was in the works and just happened to see it the new releases list on steam.

Guacamelee! 2 on Steam For when the widget doesn’t work.

6 Likes

y, have a 10% coupon for that if anyone wants it

3 Likes

Waddup. It’s that time, folks, the time where I do my usual upcoming game dump and poop all over @delenn13’s wishlist.

cracks knuckles

:butterfly:

6 Likes

Poop away! I am going to bed…Have fun. Will read them in the morning!:star_struck::heart_eyes::hugs::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks to BigfryTV i really want this game now,

4 Likes

If you like the look of Desperados 3 you might enjoy this other title from that developer.

Looks to be very similar in play, to the point that this game looks mostly like a thematic change.

6 Likes