New Free Borderlands 2 DLC Now Available Until July 8th....... I Hear It's EPIC!

Just have time to drop this in here:

“Announced during today’s Microsoft Xbox E3 2019 Briefing, Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary is the fifth campaign DLC for Borderlands 2. This all-new adventure not only sets the stage for Borderlands 3 but also introduces some exciting new features along the way. We’re talking new areas to explore, new enemies and bosses to battle, a new level cap to hit, new aesthetic options for your Vault Hunters and vehicles, two new endgame OP levels, and a new better-than-Legendary Effervescent tier of weapons and equipment to loot. And it’s free until July 8!”

20 Likes

oh spicy

5 Likes

Oh snap I was already replaying BL2, I will definitely have to check it out!

5 Likes

I don’t have Borderlands 2 right now. I can’t get this free DLC unless I own the base game first, right?

Because I tried and it just reloaded the page. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Correct, Steam will neither allow you to activate any DLC keys nor will it allow you to claim DLC freebies unless you own the base game.

4 Likes

Well that’s too bad. Thanks for letting me know.

It’s not often that a DLC is free for a game I have anyway.

4 Likes

awesome thanks! Now I will need to actually play it ;3

4 Likes

If you don’t have Borderlands 2, there’s currently

which gets you Borderlands 2, all the other DLC, and the pre-sequel for $6.

8 Likes

Even if you do have Borderlands 2, The Handsome Collection’s a dynamic bundle, so it’s price will be adjusted to account for what you already own if you buy it on Steam.

5 Likes

Not much difference in this case lol it is £4.04 owning the base game and 4 other dlc, but £4.82 for the full bundle.

4 Likes

I had all the games…but i got what DLC I didn’t have. I think it was 41 games…Cost me about 3.44CA I think…or somewhere around that.

4 Likes

got it, played it, got a bit bummed out, -bl3 looks less appealing to me now… :confused:

8 Likes

Careful when you say “Epic” on a sentence, I already start to hate.

10 Likes

You should have seen the comments about Epic where I got this info…

True fact: I added the part, “I Hear It’s EPIC!” AFTER I read the comments…:joy:

6 Likes

related: Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is free on PS+ for June.

6 Likes

The new dlc is amazing!Kudos for gearbox for giving us some extra content while we wait for bl3.Starting a new character from level 30 is a welcomed addition helping you skip a few hours of grinding plus the new level cap and efervescent gun rarity are amazing!This is the perfect time to pick up the handsome collection expecially for 6$(i payed 3.77 because i had bl2 GOTY)The dlc campaigns and headhunter missions make the game a whole lot better plus getting the borderlands the pre sequel is the cherry on the top.

6 Likes

$3 offer ending soon

https://www.greenmangaming.com/es/games/borderlands-the-handsome-collection-bundle-pc/

5 Likes

experiencing the joy that is Tiny Tina (and claptrap) for only 3bucks is a freakin steal, and i’d highly recommend people take advantage of it while it lasts :+1:

6 Likes

I get so tempted by prices like this, but it’s just not a game I expect I’ll ever want to actually put the time into. I understand that the tiny tina DLC was excellent and I might have had some fun with that one part of the whole thing, but the base game and all the other junk never appealed to me.

Borderlands just never seemed like a particularly good game to me. Lots of hype and flare covering up a basically pointless boring bullet spongy console shooter with weak weapon mechanics.

6 Likes

the whole game has pretty funny dialogue throughout though, and one of the best villains (or at least recognizable ones) in gaming history; i wouldnt say it’s a boring game overall, though that’s very relative ofc, and i also dont get how ppl keep playing this game for thousands of hours…

5 Likes