New COD has battle royale with land, sea, and air vehichles

I don’t have FC5, but I heard on Casual Shenanigans that it was officially announced to have it. Can’t blame you for not knowing about it, most people don’t even know that every single game in the Far Cry series has a PvP multiplayer mode.

Radical Heights is dead, so I’m kinda done with BR now.

2 Likes

Far Cry games have PVP modes? huh?

2 Likes

imo (tho i’m also a cheapskate) for a good reason, one being a 60$ mp “only” game dies the second the playerbase is gone, wasting your premium price “forever” (which is still funny logic since many play a game/sp mode, then never/rarely touch it after anyway)

the problem with that, is that even if a mp only mode then is cheaper, shouldn’t the price reflect the reduced cost?
big open world online mp/“mmo” 60$ “fair” because “big” (despite hollow), because “big” = slight tangible “effort” was done to give value for your premium
60$ CoD (which is “always” just essentially just a reskin of yesteryear), with X maps/locations, where the “difference” in a mode is merely a flip the switch on the gameplay stats/“rules”, that has all but no effect on the gameplay itself
(you’re still shooting the same piss poor guns on the same piss poor/boring map just with a different win format -ie the game is essentially still the same),
just doesn’t seem like a half decent effort or value in my eyes, remotely, when you then strip the actual game changer & 50+% of the hollywood’ness/“production value”.

Gnuffi's ranty view on CoD

now, i don’t think i’ve ever paid 60bucks for CoD since 4/mw1, even with the mp parts, it was just never worth that much. +i stopped buying them entirely myself after mw3/BO 1 (somehow still managed to get ghosts in my own library tho :thinking:).
And i could never fathom why the fuuuck people kept buying them, since CoD is probably the least evolved game ever, -which is why when AW + IW at least looked like they were trying something minusculely different, (although AW “just”/“obviously” not wanting to get left behind by titanfall), made me consider, could these then now again be worth 30€?, -not 60, never 60…

As a “complete game” sp+mp, IW looked like it could be worth 30maybe,
but since i loathe the mp section even more these days, not just because of being a basic bitch shooter that has the same bbguns for over a decade, (but also my own feelings regarding interaction with people online in such games), + Activisions incessant horrible business practices that just sour a mp aspect 100x more in my cynical eyes, means i’d only want half the package at best, for half “that/my” price -at most…

So when CoD never/rarely evolves, it’s a game/series that clearly epitomizes the "muh graphics matters"most or “the story”, and makes me question why people are willing to fork that much over for “average” at best “anything/game”. Save 60 bucks and play whatever CoD you have on file from last season, and imagine yourself in whatever new setting and buy something else for your hard earned money…

so now they decide to cut out sp, which for years, imo have been the sole “changing” factor in the CoD series (srs fuck anyone arguing for zombies, it’s a bs nomansky hyped up mode you don’t have to pay 60 bucks to wear “this seasons shoes” every 2 years), leaving only the most vapid of mp games left -which you then want to charge a premium for anyway… -despite also slashing your cost by the majority…
there is no way in hell i would ever consider 60$ for a CoD, much much less “this”/BO4, not even 30, and why anyone would or gets raised in to an ecstatic orgasmic frenzy about CoD i will never understand, and haven’t “gotten” for years…
srs… Battlefront might not have had a campaign, but even despite being “ea” shitty campaigns, people still got miffed
“including shitty sp campaign”>mp only -because at least your attempting the effort to give the illusion you’re trying to provide some package of value for your premium
-and “these days” your premium already doesn’t even give you the full game, 50$ season passes, that you “need” because fuck giving customers actual value anymore and splitting the playerbase or (OP dlc weaps), when you got digital crack on your hands (for some obscure reason)

TLDR, imo MP “only” games, even “AehAehAeh”, get’s away with being way too expensive compared to what’s put in… “just” being “AehAehAeh” shouldn’t excuse you to charge double for what other mp only games get away with, aa, indie or otherwise
-especially not when you can get either a full dedicated sp or mixed sp/mp experience elsewhere for the same price, or less… i mean jezz… even Destiny 2’s price would trump this in my eyes… :dizzy_face:

so just… why ?, why does/would anyone still/ever consider CoD, how the fuuuck do they keep racking in zillions; that has drug cartels ask the question: “how can we get, what they’ve got -into our product” :thinking:
-srs, CoD repeat customers baffle me, i’ve seen herion addicts with less enthusiasm on the thought of their next high… :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Well spoken, but I also feel that recent examples have reinforced dropping campaigns.

Mainly, it’s the fact that some companies listened and put some real care into SP again, only to get shut down hard by critics and users. Battlefront II especially got destroyed online, despite a very competent campaign. This one has me quite angry because EA has stuck around trying to fix it, trying to earn back goodwill-- and now that there are some leaks indicating that they’re giving up after their full Progression 2.0 model went completely unnoticed, NOW people are madly proclaiming that EA BF2 needs support. NO, IT DOESN’T! YOU WEREN’T HAPPY WHEN IT WAS SUPPORTED, NOW YOU’RE UNHAPPY BECAUSE IT ISN’T!

Anyway, ranting aside, I feel that there’s a sort of online culture that has encouraged mindlessly bashing every new AAA release merely because they’re AAA releases, or because of some corporate political nonsense that one person cares an awful lot about. This kind of mass-bandwagoning only serves to cloud opinions and hurt consumer choice, in my opinion. I couldn’t care less that CoD has the same foundation for annual entries. My rubric is “Is it a good singleplayer game?” and “is it a good game in general,” then most importantly, “As a full price release, am I getting something worth the price of admission?”

AAA or not, whereas Wolfenstein II was an insufferable disaster that left me with only one compliment [it’s mercifully short], I paid full price for Quantum Break’s Collector’s Edition and had a great time. Heck, I paid $400 for an Oculus, and I remember remarking after an hour of H3VR and Robo Recall that I already got my moneys’ worth out of the system. Value is subjective, but most importantly, it can’t be clouded by others.

I’m personally glad that I didn’t pay full price for The Witcher 3 and GTA V, and you’ll probably never hear those words again. If you did… that’s fine. But most importantly, if the first time you saw either games online was by some YouTuber bashing CD Projekt for downgrades from E3 to Release, or Rockstar for that really awkward cold war with OpenIV, you might be missing out on a game you’d love.

3 Likes

well… i mean, sorta… tho AAA sure as sht does try to “make a point” out of flaunting their production costs sometimes, (clearly) giving the impression of trying to impose some sort of (bonus) perceived value of product by its cost
“$135mill “narrative experience”/sp campaign, -you know we’ll make that good!” :roll_eyes: etc (same when people were throwing off the “uh destiny 500mill budget”-glee, as an instant qualifier, and i’m like :man_shrugging: “meh”)
so if you badmouth something, on “merit” or just subjective value, you’re then a “cuck”(i think that’s the word used about “everything” these days?:thinking:) because “AAA” devs + Xzillion budget automatically = 9/10, and “if don’t agree -you suck” insert rage wars on x/y/z forum
(and on the opposite, if a game then get’s collectively decided to dump on, again merit or subjective value aside, you’re still a cuck)

i’m glad i’m now old and grumpy enough, that i can openly admit without shame the chance of me giving a new CoD a second glance, (or even initial) is near 0 these days, unless something is vastly different in it.

But holy sht was it a terrible sensation of almost having to cower just because of thinking a/X game, or CoD mp wasn’t the greatest thing since drop crotch pants, and that i in fact thoroughly disliked the mp game experience much like drinking stale pond water, and no i would not like to buy/own the whatever new one everybody else was playing, -i’d rather play bloody minesweeper…

4 Likes

It seems that the BR map will be 1500 times the size of a regular deathmatch map and will also feature different landmarks, each one picked from all the previous titles.

1 Like

Far Cry 4 did not have PvP, and FC5 does not have an official BR mode at all btw, players can make their own maps and there are some player-created BR maps/modes in there, which are apparently terrible, so there’s no official BR, and it was never announced to have BR either…

no the goal here would be to invest what was saved on the SP in the MP, hence making the MP an even better, bigger experience for the players

again, i don’t play COD, the last COD i bought was in 2005

i do usually watch a play through of every single COD and BF campaign tough, and they usually SUCK big time anyway, so what’s the point?

2 Likes

Just skimming through this topic makes me glad that I don’t play these games…also surprised no-one’s brought up the golden “games as a service” model yet.

1 Like

It just goes to show they don’t care about the franchise…

1 Like

Far Cry 4 has PvP, featuring classes and objective game modes.

I know because I’ve got all the achievements for that. PvP was so great and alive that I had to set up a group of people to play with, in order to get the achievements. Same thing for Assassin’s Creed games prior to Unity (that PvP mode was utter nonsense).

I do like single player games, a lot, but I don’t mind multiplayer games either. The thing is, game features need to be implemented for the right reasons and not tacked on.
I loved the first Titanfall, more than the sequel. R6 Siege is innovating on so many levels, Overwatch has depth in each hero, and so on. Maybe CoD has the potential to join the club? Let’s wait and see.

3 Likes

With the addition of Battle Royale and the supposed removal of Single Player, it’s definitely something I’ll be avoiding (not that I didn’t avoid most of the previous CoD games)

Seems like a decent business plan though, at least in writing. I think It’s the first Battle Royale that’s both paid and from a well known AAA developer? That adds some hope for its quality. It won’t push Fortnite away from the #1 spot, mainly because of it’s fame and because the amount of money people have already spent on it, but I can see a lot of people who prefer PUBG moving on if it turns out well.

If not… Zombies is always a blast?

3 Likes

yea, i get that, “in theory”
and i know it’s hard/presumptions without having seen the “full game”, but i just don’t see that happening with Activision/treyarch…
the mp have always been cheap and “empty”, even when they knew it was the drawing factor. I simply would not believe that activision would ever cough off the remaining 2/3rds of a budget to shove into mp dev, when they got away with way less before, (and made bank),
and if they do, i just don’t “trust” them to be able to come up with something half decent,
-or if they managed something just a few steps better than previous iterations, that it wouldn’t be thoroughly and royally bent over and violated up the wazoo by Activision business practices (well, since it doesn’t/didn’t matter what quality it is/was previous and activisions always still had to gouge mp content/customers, i can’t see how it’s not already guaranteed for it to happen in BO4 too regardless)

anyways, it’s just my grumpy speculation, and to me it doesn’t really matter if it holds up in the end anyway, -because fuuuck CoD regardless imo… :wink: (and fuck activision too while i’m at it) :blush:
-i just don’t get the hype, and never will, so including pubg would never be a “+” for me, not even back when i even still enjoyed the game :man_shrugging:

:+1:
i thought that was an automatic “given” with the big pubs, so it’s a mute point to remember to mention it when talking about EA, Ubi, Activision, Take Two, etc etc “scum lords united” :smile:, as it’s just assumed to be there in the back of our minds, no? :thinking:
or am i the only one that grouchy these days? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :smile:

1 Like

Anyone remember BF1942, BF2, and BF2142?
None of them had single-player campaigns, and two of those did well enough to get multiple expansions. It was a weird change of pace when BF got a single-player campaign, just like when the narrative-focused CoD series became a multiplayer phenomenon. Series changing over time isn’t automatically bad, and as someone who’s played every CoD since 3 and every BF, large-scale BR with CoD polish & all sorts of vehicles sounds like a fun new experience to me.

3 Likes

they didn’t cost 60$ either tho :wink:
and while they didn’t have “campaigns”, here we are talking about “stripping” something out, that’s already existed to be the “norm”. I think it’s partially that perceived “you’re robbing us” that can be upsetting in the mindset of some people, changing “the norm” often is, and to those where campaign was the only/main draw, it’s ofc upsetting for not getting anything at all “anymore”
-but for the “main staple” of customers where mp is probably the draw, this is undoubtedly a sound business move, and something that will likely benefit that playerbase immensely and to great joy

1 Like

The thing that gets me the most about this year CoD, is that the season pass isn’t yet available for purchase, in any bundle. You can spend more and get the game bundled with some of their bs currency, but that’s it, almost. They’re dropping season passes and paid maps? That would be a great move.

2 Likes

They more or less have to do that given that BF has already confirmed that they’re doing that, lol.

1 Like

I know, but we’re talking about Activision tho, it’s never safe to assume about them :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

^this
just look what they did with the remaster… some srs digital raping going on there. “Remaster”, -and with a fcn map pack :man_facepalming: (and mtx too ofc)
even if activision haven’t sent the marching order to initially add season pass or map packs, yet
there is no doubt in my mind they will find some way, to squeeze and ravage their players as much as they can, just, like, usual… :triumph:

3 Likes

They’ll add a zone pass charge for the battle royale, you’ll have to give them your credit card details and as you move from zone to zone you’ll be charged an entry fee, every time. It will be cheapest on foot but the cost will scale up depending on what vehicle you’re in.

5 Likes