Name the Game

Now that’s definitely something that a LOT more people will know.

4 Likes

I was just looking at the games @coralinecastell found and my god there is an amazing thing there.

zmain

LOOK

'TIS HE MAN AND A JAWA.

4 Likes

some scooby doo game? scooby doo mystery? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Nah I think moonlight sonata and a bunch of the other clues means it’s RE

5 Likes

YouWin

Whoo!

that’s right it’s Capcom & Virgin media’s (just publisher but come on it’s weird they had anything to do with it xD) very own survival horror video game resident evil! with an engine based off goof troop on the NES and made by the same fella, whoo!

and @sluz surely you must know scooby doo and the cyber chase on PS1 >.>

4 Likes

OK lets go a bit more obscure:

An evil genius has hacked some computers and is about to set an ICBM off in only a few hours. You are a covert operative and must infiltrate his underground facility. Your mission if you choose to accept it is to explore the facility, search through its decor to find puzzle pieces and codes all while avoiding robots and spherical hazards. Joining the correct parts together will let you decrypt a code to enter the antagonists lab and stop his evil plans. It might seem like no one can complete this job, but it’s all up to you, and you are on a very tight schedule, so get going!

5 Likes

At first I thought that this was Alpha Protocol, but on reflection, and by using the power of searching, I now know that this is inaccurate, and that I also have yet to play this one. (although it does indeed look like a good time).

3 Likes

That one’s hard, i have no idea

1 Like

Hmmm… This game is old and maybe a little too obscure, I will try to give some more obvious clues

An evil genius has hacked some computers and is about to set an intercontinental rocket off in 6 hours. You are a secret agent with no name, only a number, and you must infiltrate his underground facility. Your mission if you choose to accept it is to explore the facility, search through its furniture to find puzzle pieces and codes all while avoiding robots and floating balls. Joining the correct peices together will let you decrypt a 9 letter password via punchcards to enter the antagonists lab and stop his evil plans. It seems like an impossible job, the bad guy seems to want you to stay a while, maybe forever. The clock is ticking, its all up to you so get going!

5 Likes

IMPOSSIBLE MISSION

4 Likes

DID I GET IT?! DID I GET IT?! OMG PLEASE TELL ME I GOT IT.

jumps around in excitement and near-tears

5 Likes

Yep correct, your turn

4 Likes

Now my question is did you need to look up stuff in the description or did you just know off the clues from the top of your head?

2 Likes

I never thought this day would come.

A smart boy’s mind is set into regaining what is his. No matter the size of the monsters, or the depth of the abyss. Surely he will die a lot – wait is that a rock or a crocod- oh --, but his mind is set. Through logic, timing, and the conquering of fears, he’ll roll and shoot and climb and slide. Even if a slimy pink thing, lying “friends” and that horrible smell weren’t exactly what he had anticipated…
The cherry on top, however, certainly is that terrible development cycle.

6 Likes

Actually, it was both! I never played it on a Commodore 64, of course. BUT (ok this is kind of a long story)…

When I was around 8 years old and both my grandparents on my mother’s side were alive, my cousins and I used to go to their house to play video games. My family on my mother’s side was very poor, but my grandparents had got together a good amount of money to put together a computer in their living room. I remember as thought it was yesterday: it sat by their brown sofa, between the window and the TV, opposite to my grandfather’s musical keyboard – which he hand’t played in years by that point because he got terribly ill.

Anyway, my uncle (one of my mother’s 6 siblings) was a computer geek since he was wee small, and being the youngest of the siblings he was also the one most “in tune” with the newest tech.

So one of the cool things he did was get us an emulator! So we could play all kinds of games on the PC. My favorites were the Disney games (there’s this moment in Aladdin where you can jump on something squishy and it makes a funny noise and I’d just do that forever and piss off my cousins) and Bomberman.

We used to play video games for ages, then play pretend with plastic cooking sets then watch Justice League.

I may be giving my age away here… haha

Well, what does Impossible Mission have to do with anything, you ask?

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

You can actually play a flash version of the game here http://www.arcadedivision.com/classicgame39/platform/impossible-mission-c64.html

6 Likes

BTW, I think the first computer my uncle built was either a Win. 95 or a Win. 98 machine. I have no idea how I could have played the game then since I can’t find any info for emulating IM before Win XP. Anyone knows if that was possible? :thinking:

I know I played it with my cousins, so my bet is either:

a) I wasn’t so small when I first played it, and my uncle had probably already built the 2nd machine (an XP) by that point or

b) I played it muuuch later, probably along the same time I played GTA IV for the first time, on my (other) counsin’s PS2, in 2008. He was the cool gamer cousin (still is actually, I played the new FF on his set last year): the only one in the family who had both a PS2 and a PS3.

He now has a PS4, the bastard. :joy:

6 Likes

I’m going to take a stab at a guess, since it’s you I’m going to just have to guess Monkey island. But you’d know we’d guess that so that’d be too simple so it can’t be Monkey island and it doesn’t fit anyway. Though I am greatly uncertain, what you’re describing reminds me of Psychonauts too much, but parts of it really doesn’t so I don’t know but it’s what I’m going with. Mostly to keep this going.

4 Likes

Wrong! But it’s also a game related to me somehow*, so you got that part right. (:

*I have mentioned it before.

3 Likes

i know the game, but actually i didnt play a single scooby doo game on ps1, or anywhere else as a matter of fact

2 Likes