Name the Game

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

The unwritten rule is “Be sensible”. For instance there’s no way I’d post up some obscure ZX Spectrum game. I would assume most people are going to go with relatively well known titles. The real fun is breaking down the game into it’s base components to obscure it’s actual title…that’s why better known games are probably an easier choice.

6 Likes

okay, just making sure, because obscure indie games would break that rule.

so what the frick is mark of the ninja? a game I’ve never even heard of, thus would not have slightly had a chance of knowing. Granted I could just google it but… I’m busy… xD

5 Likes

@Fraggles is diligently avoiding this topic at the moment. When he returns I’m sure he’ll enlighten you.

5 Likes

I am so fucking mad right now, I am glowing with rage.

I could power a small village with this glowy rage.

7 Likes

“kylehayman361 Joined Mar 16, '17” -163 days visited

how on earth have you managed to stay clear of Mark of the Ninja forum references all this time? :dizzy_face:
like, i think it’s atleast 65% of all fraggles posts, and 20% from all the rest of us mentioning or referring to that :thinking:, and then another 5% from us commenting on our own constant mentions about it)
it’s probably the best established game-related “ongoing thing” around here :smile:
you almost find so many search results with mark of the ninja, the site nearly blows up stressing the system when searching for either…
wouldn’t surprise me if it’s also become the most recommended and linked game on the forum, (even if 99% done by fraggles :wink:), how have you not noticed any of this?

:oncoming_police_car:
“pull over sir, we’re gonna need you to do a breathalyzer… -you’re drunk sir”
:joy:

more masked mario:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5Y6d19_6to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jydtucMemIM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/214560/Mark_of_the_Ninja/ <–buy nao

11 Likes

you made me guffaw

outside

the neighbours are looking at me…

6 Likes

also I didn’t know there was loads of reference…

I’v never seen a single one xD

how?! xD

6 Likes

r u serious, omg, and i was about to be like @Gnuffi pls, he’s obviously being sarcastic…

8 Likes

Yeah the only Klei games I’ve heard of are don’t starve and oxygen not included xD

I didn’t know they’d made that game, I’m not a fan of sneaking games normally. :confused:

The animation in it looks great though… and there do seem to be a lot of ways to hide, so it might be interesting.

4 Likes

Snake is sad…

(although you can’t tell because instead of a mouth and eyes he has smudges)

7 Likes

It’s a rly great game, just ask @Fraggles

5 Likes

MGS is an amazing game series, and I play it for the story xD

I’ve played every one I can.

but they were the best, and the first I played, so it overshadowmosesed everything else afterwards :wink:

but it consequentially made me very good at them, so they have to be hard, but not artificial like just making enemies 1 hit kill you. Did anyone play second sight? that was an awesome game that disguised itself to not be a sneaking game xD I’d played psi-ops the mindgate conspiricy before then so I thought it’d be like that xD

second sight

that had 1 hit kill enemies and taught me what annoyance was xD

4 Likes

Seeing as we’re going nowhere, let’s keep things easy so that everyone can join in.

Our protagonist runs away from home seeking absent parent, wandering the locale, past giant explosives and an annoying tunnel network, in an attempt to find him. In the course of our adventure, we learn that daddy wanted to remake the world, whilst a far right group of individuals want to pervert that ideal and commit genocide. Ultimately the final decision falls in our wanderer’s hands, but unfortunately sometimes success requires sacrifice.

11 Likes

fallout 3 :thinking:

8 Likes

Yep…too easy. Your turn!

5 Likes

yay i got one! :blush:
… oh crap that means i have to think of something :flushed:
-give me a few moments, this is gonna require full steam in the engine room :thinking:

6 Likes

Can’t wait to read the book Gnuffi is typing

8 Likes

i told you all already :joy:

:laughing:

okay here goes… i think it might be way too easy (and too long too) :thinking:

our designated boy scout gets send to a playground to keep tabs on various thing/+naughty brats, and to find some lost geriatrics and help them get home,
there, this nice guy with a go get attitude, runs into old friends, fake friends, and new real friends hiding out in this big mess and deceptive chaos,
in the end, the big toy that turned out to be the big deal of it all, broke. And upset about everything, (and not getting the urn with daddy’s ashes either), two brothers, “boys will be boys”, decide to slug it out.
(strangely enough, the final outcome, is decided by how well you handled a creepy “uncle” playing with you earlier… :thinking:)

7 Likes

Never try to read a Gnuffi post in the first minute or two. :joy:

11 Likes