Name the Game

Sounded a lot like Dishonored to me, but I see @Vindace already guessed that.

This is going way back, and is probably way off, but is it Splatterhouse?

4 Likes

she doesn’t even die, I’m just randomly guessing.

I told you I don’t know, I just really want it.

I even have a draft written out to get checked by someone.

@DanosaurJr wow that game is beyond me xD

3 Likes

nah i dont even know that game

2 Likes

so just as a reminder:

and there’s an additional slight hint in this:

2 Likes

Think I got it… Hotline Miami

3 Likes

Huh, That makes sense. I wouldn’t have thought of that.

3 Likes

YES! Awesome man. Your turn.

[He kills on command literally cuz he does it whenever he gets voice messages. The princess is just a girl (a prostitute maybe even?), but isn’t every girl a princess? especially in the eyes of her lover? The rat is literally a guy wearing a rat mask, lol]

and y, i dont have to explain what the hint mask meant, I thought that was pretty clever, lol.

4 Likes

Neighbors from far away come to snoop around, leading you to proclaim wild theories and form an elite team to banish them. Various governments contribute to funding you. You progressively attack them with more powerful weapons and teammates until a scientist attempts to convince you to leave them alone, at which point you do the exact opposite and blow them up…supposedly. Many friends died to bring you this information.

6 Likes

wow wait, it’s @DanosaurJr’s turn atm, what happens in this instance @xist?

[is it xcom though?]

5 Likes

Yeah, XCOM. Guess it was too obvious :space_invader:

4 Likes

Well, I suppose in this instance we wait a bit for @DanosaurJr to post his game, and if the delay gets intolerable you can go again should you wish to.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure @DanosaurJr will be excited to have a go at this now

3 Likes

good… because I just got back from volunteering and I’d hate to miss one I’d get right… like Xcom…

my gimmick for hariths was wrong xD I thought it’d be where the main character can’t do much and does things by commanding a guy to do stuff for her.

I have a game like that in my head somewhere.

3 Likes

Okay, give me a minute or two.

5 Likes

Ok, here goes. Should be fairly easy. Hope this is oblique enough :smile:

Being a hero can be a grind. Some heroes have to work a job, and train, and get to bed on time. Though there is a higher purpose that propels our hero through the tedium of his daily routine - a mystery involving some reflective glass and a burning desire for revenge. Time to start asking some serious questions… perhaps, after a round of darts or a classic arcade game. Every hero needs time for leisure activities.

5 Likes

Punch Club?

4 Likes

I haven’t played Punch Club but, being vaguely familiar with the gameplay mechanics, and having just read the plot summary, I can see why you might think this. Great guess but no.

3 Likes

y it was practically perfect for punch club rly

4 Likes

Would have been my guess too… except for:

There’s really no time for leisure activities in Punch Club…

By the way

Wouldn’t it be better to post guesses or actual answers in hidden boxes, so that others reading through won’t automatically get the answer? Just a thought…

4 Likes

Yakuza?

4 Likes