Everyone who uses Firefox might have noticed today that out of bloody nowhere all your extensions have been labeled unsigned, unsupported and disabled with seemingly no way to reinstate them. According to what I’ve found it’s got something to do with some certificate someone somewhere allowed to run out and not renew.
They’re apparently working on it though and I really hope they wont make us have to reinstall every extension once the signing works again because that’s a whole lot of setup I do not want to redo.
I did find a reddit post with a temporary solution though:
If you have the regular build (not the nightly/dev one) then the xpinstall.signatures.required set to false doesn’t fix this. But I got all of my add-ons back by going to about:debugging. Check the box to enable add-on debugging. Then click Load Temporary Add-On. Browse to your Firefox profile in appdata:
C:\Users<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles<some random shit>.default\extensions
In the extensions folder there are .xpi files, those are your extensions that you had. Load each one and don’t close Firefox until they fix this.
I do have the dev version installed myself and the xpinstall.signatures flag did not seem to work for me, but this method did. Even reloaded all my old settings, which I will now start looking into how to export. The flag didn’t re-enable anything, though it might allow me to re-install things. I did not want to have to do that so I did not test it.