Back to Today's Deal

Memes, Memes Everywhere

Glad you realize it’s climate change. The amount of people I talk to who think it’s “normal” is unbelievable.

Dude, climate change is real. We used to have a Wet season and a Dry Season. Now it’s dry all year long and it rains whenever. Even hurricane cycles have changed.

Amen to that…We get the whiplash of them up here. And we no longer have spring here…It can snow up to June. It’s cold and windy…then, BAM! HOT MUGGY and humid… Our flowers and trees are so confused…

Mid US pretty much went from RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN (want some more RAIN?) to “Oh, it’s almost July, it’s supposed to be really hot right now” 90º+ F (34º+ C) and 70% Humidity last week.

Thanks, that’s just what I needed right now. Been having a really long and tough work day so far… and still on-going…

Not much to ‘realize’ here really. Pretty obvious if you have more than 20 brain cells.

Bold of you to assume most people have more than 20 brain cells.

Haha,slow but optimistic :smiley: ( but yeah,people are stupid ) .

I think George Carlin said this:
The average IQ is 100. So think of your average person and realize that half the people are stupider.

This may come across as pedantic, but I saw it less as a brain cell issue and more of a greed issue, with most anti-climate change people being either the ones who stand to profit from it the most (at least in the short term) or the politicians they bribe lobby to their side.

But then there’s the people who go out and say things like “Hey look it’s snowing so much today, this proves there’s no global warming!” which are people who just simply do not have a grasp of the basic concept.

On the other side of course I hear almost as frequently people saying the same thing “It’s so warm today, how can people NOT believe global warming?” which is equally dumb.

Local fluctuations in weather is not an indication of the state of the global climate. You can only really see changes when collecting sufficient data over a long period of time. We are seeing those changes but last years heavy snow fall is not it.

good ol days

IMG_20190620_082815

i’m ded… :rofl: this show is just killing me every, dang, time :joy:

This amused me greatly, given J.K. Rowlings’ propensity to state that one or more of her characters are indeed this and/or that miscellaneous marginalized minority after the fact, instead of taking a real stance and actually stating it as canon in any of her works.