Memes, Memes Everywhere

I am a bit dense… I don’t get it… But I am getting sleepy…

6 Likes

I know it makes me a terrible person, but I love they all have those cute wicker citronella patio lights, the kind we used to hang off the deck or around the fire pit… It just seems so out of place.

7 Likes

That doesn’t make u a terrible person at all man, I like those too, lol, has nothing to do with racism. Millennial racists are just rly weird, rofl.

6 Likes

Heh, at least something somewhat humorous came out of all that nonsense.

WARNING: Political nonsense below. I do not want to take a stance on this. I am attempting, rather, to be as neutral as possible, and would like to avoid further discussion as much as possible. Please resume meming at your ealiest convenience.

I’ve seen ABC-affiliated tweets that were a whole lot worse than Roseanne’s, so I’m expecting a whole lot of staff-purging soon. Otherwise, I suppose I’ll just be disappointed in yet another politically charged action for the sake of positive press. I’m all for standing up for your company’s image, but that goes both ways. If Manveer Heir got pulled out of EA by force [which he didn’t], I’d expect an identical response for someone as egregiously offensive on the other side of politics. I did see this coming from a mile away, since a lot of weird radicals have been pushing for Roseanne’s cancellation after they found it was succeeding… at least it came down in a somewhat memeworthy fashion. I suppose that’s all I can ask these days.

Heck, I didn’t even find that show funny, mostly just an eye-rolling politically charged borefest… but it does have a right to exist, it’s a harmless and lighthearted show that I can see the appeal in for people who typically watch sitcoms. I just don’t approve of a galaxy-size witch hunt on one side and not the other.

Politically ambiguous FTW

7 Likes

I still don’t understand how her tweet was racist though :confused:

4 Likes

yo that’s not funny dude, she said about an African-American person born in Iran that she was the baby of the Muslim Brotherhood and The Planet of the Apes, basically calling her a terrorist ape, and u don’t understand what’s racist about that?

5 Likes

1 - Muslims are not a race. They are a group of people that follow a religion. Racist, no. Bigoted, maybe.

2 - Compared a single person to an ape. Racist, no. Offensive, maybe.

4 Likes

comparing a black person to an ape is not racist? WTF r u on dude?

3 Likes

how about when she said about another (black) woman: “Susan Rice is a man with big swinging ape balls” ???

how come she only compares black ppl to apes??? Can’t u see a theme there? A racist theme?

inb4 u say that the one who interprets it this way is in fact the racist…

3 Likes

Did this tweeter say that the person is an ape because they are African american?

3 Likes

she compared 2 ppl to apes, both are black, it is a known racist statement to compare black ppl to apes

if u wanna act stupid go ahead man

im done arguing this

she got dealt with and good riddance

4 Likes

I think Dara O’Briain is a half gorilla, because he looks like a gorilla. By your logic, I am racist against the Irish people.

For when you are thinking, but also praising the sun

4 Likes

Ayy, whatcha callin’ me, laddie?

WARNING: Political nonsense below. I do not want to take a stance on this. I am attempting, rather, to be as neutral as possible, and would like to avoid further discussion as much as possible. Please resume meming at your ealiest convenience.

I kinda get your point… but it’s a bad connotation that came out of nowhere. Maybe it wasn’t intended to be racist, BUT it kinda looked like it because of the fact that “Ape” has been used as a sort of racial slur.

I still don’t agree with the full lockdown of everything Roseanne-related. One half-asleep slip-up of dubious intention is nothing compared to some of the s___ I’ve seen on ABC. It was a dumb tweet, however.

The ultimate irony that I see is the fact that a lot of people were so ready to bite down on Roseanne’s Twitter account that they made the links to race, not her. It’s kind of like if you screwed up a question in math class, and someone stood up and said “HEY, IT’S NOT HIS FAULT HE’S [insert race here]!” It wouldn’t be the teacher that offended you… it would be the student that made you feel like crap and tried to tie it to who you are instead of a thing you did. If it wasn’t a race issue, it is now, and all because of the people who were looking to defend people of different races.

Same thing with that new Solo movie, actually. People were so ready to jump on the “SJW robot,” something that was such a harmless detail and irrelevant, because people just happen to be looking for fights. It’s a real shame that discussion has to die like this. I mean, can we just talk about how crappy that movie was without senseless politically motivated bashing?

4 Likes

like i said, she’s done it b4, in 2013, and she didn’t blame it on Ambien then though

2 Likes

I wouldn’t know, I don’t follow her tweet. If it was truly that bad, then ABC of all networks never would have given her another shot.

I could also get angry at Mel Gibson for the things he said about Jewish people, Manveer Heir for his blatantly offensive rhetoric (except I do hate him if only for his persistence), or any number of celebrities who have done dumb crap behind the scenes. I hate to drag him into this, but TotalBiscuit was no perfect person either. A good person, perhaps, but he still said some pretty dumb things along the way. I would still be just as mad about someone pulling a six year old tweet out of nowhere to destroy him… as some people have tried.

TL;DR: David Crooks is a person I aspire to not be. Part of that involves drawing a line between “bad person” and “really done something dumb.” I do sympathize with Roseanne for having her whole career swept under her feet by overzealous watchdogs, but you’re right in saying that it was an incredibly stupid and tasteless tweet. I can’t speak about the other one… it’s not just the principle, but the fact that I’m too lazy to dig up five year old tweets.

My own anger too strong a word, more like [“minor and passive annoyance”] comes from the fact that this is unequal enforcement. Either Roseanne stays, or ABC’s got to purge ALL of the insensitive and stupid Twitter s___posters out there.

oh crap, just got into a political discussion online. Sorry guys, promise I won’t break Rule #2 again.

5 Likes

y i get u but im 100% no-tolerance when it comes to racism and injustice, have always been this way ever since a small age

4 Likes

:point_up_2: This guy gets it.

6 Likes

normally this would be inappropriate
but since it’s literally the topic of the thread

“don’t blame the gamer, blame the equipment”

9 Likes

Alright, I’mma call a truce right here just to make sure nobody says something that somebody can pull out of context five years from now.

NO ROSEANNE DISCUSSION BEYOND THIS LINE:

7 Likes

Who is Roseanne?

9 Likes