Limbo

While this games isn’t the most popular around, the low player base doesn’t hinder the overall experience of each owner, that’s because it’s a single player game and it has couch co-op.

Right now I’m playing System Shock 2, not the hottest and newest game, but it’s cool, I’m having fun.

But I agree, for the developers must be hard seeing their game not succeding. Sending virtual hugs to devs :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - First Assault Online

Published by Nexon, GitSSACFAO was a free-to-play class-based multiplayer shooter that came out of early access in mid-2016 and closed down in December 2017.

7 Likes

I remember watching a video last year about this game from undercoversdudes

4 Likes

Remember when the game was popular for a hot minute

8 Likes

Biohazard: Umbrella Corps™

Capcom’s attept at competitive shooter, because… who knows.
This game also features the worst crawling animation of any videogame ever conceived.

Here’s a review from Angry Joe.

4 Likes

I refuse to believe this was an honest Capcom effort. This was the “f*** it” side of Capcom, where they give a trusted franchise to a nobody and say "here, do something that won’t mess with the main series.

They must have realized early on that the game was a garbage fire, and figured it was easier to make the money back from meme-purchases than just can it altogether. RE: Operation Raccoon City is a similar mess, though it’s basically Mass Effect 3 when you compare it to this game.

2 Likes

Umbrella Corps is similar to Alone in the dark: illumination, a co-op game in which staying in the light is a main mechanic. So, you’re not alone, neither in the dark. Nicely done.

Moving on to another topic, Evolve: stage 2 will shut down its servers this September. Legacy Evolve will live on thanks to peer-to-peer. The same goes for Guitar Hero: live, servers will be shutting down at the end of the year.

1 Like

reminds me, Loadout closed down like a week ago… :confused:

even if i don’t play/got around play X, it somehow still makes me a bit sad that some games just die this way, and vanish in the aether again like they never were

there is something novel about hearing of an old game and find you can still play it because peer-to-peer or user-side dedicated server
dedicated servers are great, but if it’s the kind that held by “company”; then the game still dies with the servers

…such a shame there is someone out there that won’t get to make Bertha’s booty jiggy and twerk

RiP dead/dying games :vulcan_salute:
F

2 Likes

It’s not quite the same. Capcom still respects their main franchises. What happens on the side doesn’t matter. Their failures aren’t for a lack of publisher respect, but for developer failings.

One failure of Capcom in particular that stings was definitely Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. To be clear, it’s probably one of the best in the series, gameplay wise. At the same time, Disney screwed things royally for them. No X-Men, no Fantastic Four, and a ridiculous amount of arbitrary restrictions. Here’s one that might make you laugh: they couldn’t show off anything with Marvel characters being beaten. They literally went “I’ll play with you, but you have to make me win.” MvC I has the makings of a great game, but it was screwed from the start-- and I get the feeling that Capcom immediately knew this as soon as the Disney oversight settled in.

Now, the real reason I say they’re different because Alone in the Dark: Illumination was just one of many shameless, pathetic cash-grabs by Infogrames. They purchased Atari, wore the name like a Necron Flayed One, and proceeded to run every single asset acquired into the ground. They also get bonus points on the shit list for doublecrossing Chris Sawyer only to hand off his half finished project to a mobile studio and call it a new RCT game for $50 (obviously, Planet Coaster buried it without lifting a finger). They’re an embarrassment of a company and the embodiment of what all publishers should aspire not to be-- a soul-less conglomerate that lives by feeding off of fans’ goodwill like parasites. I’d make a Bethesda reference here, but NOTHING compares to “Atari.”

Oh, and Infogrames is the reason X-COM died. Who could honestly love them?
trash-garbage

3 Likes

OMG, why?! Now I’m sad :expressionless:

1 Like

From what I can tell by all the Very Negative recommendations it’s a deserved fate.

2 Likes

Yeah, I get it, but what were they thinking?! Plugging in Vaas…

https://youtu.be/7n_1zsCVBxw

3 Likes

What’s the problem, though? Looks like Battle Royale to me…

victoryroyale

2 Likes

I can’t help but think that’s a new Need For Speed title every time I see that logo, and I’ve probably seen it a thousand times by now.

2 Likes

I always think ‘The cu-ing II’.

Hollywood has taught me well.

1 Like

Jim’s video about the Culling II is great.

4 Likes
1 Like

Is it bad that I clicked on this thread thinking we were all going to talk about Limbo? :rofl:

6 Likes

naa, i thought the exact same thing, and had to contemplate a bit on the connection/not being the game title :blush: :+1:

1 Like

Damn, this is savage :scream:

@Twistedgerm in catholic religion, limbo is where non baptized infants spend eternity, hell’s first ring. You can see the parallel, looking at these games from a dev point of view.
The game is also a reference to that.

4 Likes