Light theme or Dark theme?

The most contemplated dilemma since Aristotle’s time. Which one should I choose to use? The light or dark? Well, this long awaited answer and more will be given in form of…

A poor mans voting poll? Yes! Vote on which theme you use more! Comment either ‘light’ or ‘dark’ in the thread and in like a week I’ll announce the superior choice, so let’s begin and hear out our unbiased (very biased) and thoroughly thought (hopefully not too much) opinions!

My choice? Personally? I use dark mode, reason? easy on the eyes.

proceeds to pass the greasy microphone

11 Likes

context

The thought came to me when I discovered that this site had a dark theme option in the interface tab. Words cannot describe the ecstasy I felt the first time used it 4 years ago, so I decided to make a fun little topic about it.

9 Likes

Am I a heretic if I say both? Light theme is nice when on battery so I can turn the screen brightness down and dark theme is nice at night.

7 Likes

“Change is not good, change is never good.”
I’ll stick with the light theme!

8 Likes

BLACK is my fav color… Cars, clothes, paint, themes, etc… I even got called Kayos Black cuz of that lol once I wore a white T-shirt my bff screamed nearly got a heart attack lol…
My PC’s theme is Dark, Choose the dark theme for all the sites that allow it, My mobile’s theme is Dark, My room’s theme is Dark :joy: Yet loves the other colors tho…

10 Likes

Been using the Dark theme since it was made available. Never looked back.

10 Likes

I vote for the dark.

I like the dark colours also.

9 Likes

I like dark chocolate

7 Likes

Light theme for aesthetics, dark theme for functionality.

6 Likes

Light themes are far easier for me to read with my bad eyes.

7 Likes

Dark Chili Chocolate better tbh

7 Likes

Always dark if it’s available by default, if not, then I search for dark themes for websites that I use often in Stylus.

I like to keep my eyesight intact, thank you very much.

7 Likes

it’s ok

7 Likes

Anyone who prefers a dark theme doesn’t have astigmatism (or doesn’t have it very bad, at least).

Besides, most eye strain from computer use can be eliminated by:

1. turning down monitor brightness to a reasonable level.
  2. probably the biggest factor, move your monitor further away. Too many people go by the misadvice to keep the monitor at arm’s length. Eye strain is primarily a function of optical convergence (how much your eyes have to turn towards each other to see the object), not accommodation (eye lens changing shape to focus). Unfortunately, belief in the latter is “common knowledge.”
7 Likes

comment_RC6MVfOJi1wvFk2MRXeCbCesL4X2hRTb

8 Likes

Mine is on 5~10% lol my room is always dark tho… if the light is on which I dunno if it still works or not lol I make set it on 35~86%… CAN SEE IN THE DARK, AM I A CAT? :thinking:

7 Likes

I’m on 5% too, but monitors vary so much I’m not sure that means anything. Continue catting.

9 Likes

brightness can get its own voting poll to itself. Gotta find new ways to not drain your battery in 5 minutes, unless ofcourse it’s stationary’ly plugged in. In that case, electricity bill?

5 Likes

Buy a hamster and a wheel… FREE electricity

6 Likes

The joys of animal labor amirite. lol jk. or am I?

6 Likes