INKTOBER Is Coming!

Anyone participating so we can cheer you on?
@Inferry, @terryndonita, @Rilover, @Whitishmink, @YQMaoski, @GanbaRANGER, @CptMold, @yitzilitt @AHMEDJXZ @Fraggles @dogetail @truly @eishiya @WikiTora @coralinecastell @BlivetWidget @whitdemon @NICK9X9

Who started it?
Mr. Jake Parker

" I created Inktober in 2009 as a challenge to improve my inking skills and develop positive drawing habits. It has since grown into a worldwide endeavor with thousands of artists taking on the challenge every year."

What is it?

INKTOBER

“Every October, artists all over the world take on the Inktober drawing challenge by doing one ink drawing a day the entire month.”

Here are some suggestions for drawings:

https://www.geek.com/tech/participating-in-inktober-this-ai-has-a-few-prompt-ideas-1805483/?source

“Note: you can do it daily, or go the half-marathon route and post every other day, or just do the 5K and post once a week. What ever you decide, just be consistent with it. Inktober is about growing and improving and forming positive habits, so the more you’re consistent the better.”

16 Likes

TECHNICALLY SPEAKING

I’m using ink every day for a week now doing some new artsy stuff I bought. Might as well slap an “inktober” tag over my drawings and call it a day lmao

Thanks for reminding us all, dearest!

Speaking of which I should totally scan these babies and post here but

A. imma lazy
B. PLAYING MUTAZIONE SUCH A COOL GAME YOU GUYSSS

8 Likes

Drawing don’t mind doing - help to put down crochet ideas (badly, lol) but still. No idea about inking though, like how detailed are you going with these etc. Hm.

7 Likes

I won’t be doing Inktober this year because the work I need to be doing is incompatible with it, and I don’t like piling unnecessary work on.

I’m chuffed that you thought of me though <3

9 Likes

I write almost exclusively with fountain pens, so this seems right up my alley. I should really work on this, I think my drawing would improve and it sounds like a good break from my essay work on the computer.

7 Likes

I’ve been practicing occasionally for this, so… maybe?
I mean, I gotta keep the rights to that fancy title I have after all.

Is the first time I’m planning on going with it, or I using ink at all, don’t know what to do thou, or how to go about it, post it here? I’ve got a twitter too, so perhaps there may be better.

@coralinecastell If they’re as cute as this one then I’ll definitely want to see them.
@Danacscott @Vindace Go for it! The hardest part is deciding to do it :smiley:

13 Likes

I would post it on Twitter and and please give us a heads up…Pretty please :star_struck::sunglasses::heart_eyes: We want to see too. You could just post them here and change the topic or start a new thread.

I would think that too. So that’s why I posted the page from geek.com with Ideas…

/Adds @Danacscott @Vindace to the list :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

7 Likes

Yeah so hol up

Which thread do I post my ink drawings on? This one? “Art by Creative Chronies”? :thinking:

We could maybe stick to the art thread (otherwise the inktober drawings will get burried after October is over…) but signal each inktober post so they stand out from the others?

5 Likes

Was wondering this too. We could use this thread or the art one? Maybe just have people put a header like

Inktober day 1

Or something?

6 Likes

I think I’ll go with the header idea. Nice one! Gonna post over there now… :blush:

6 Likes

So we are going to see some art work starting Tuesday…:heart_eyes::sunglasses::star_struck:

7 Likes

I may not be anywhere near artist status and haven’t drawn a whole lot, but I haven’t drawn in quite awhile and I do miss it. Might try this. Sounds really fun.

6 Likes

I love Inktober! But I usually don’t get a lot of time so I like to combine some of the suggestions together to complete the list with the amount of time I have :blush:
Not sure if I’ll have time this year because I now work 2 jobs and study 5 modules
I did start a tradition that I want to stick with last year, of getting a new tattoo in October - my own spin on inktober

6 Likes

If anyone has any ideas for inking, let me know, because I would consider myself a beginner and I have a hard time drawing, let alone inking which I’ve never done. I know I could use the prompts, but I’m curious if anyone has some other ideas I could try as well.

7 Likes

After a bit of thinking, I guess I wouldn’t mind subjecting the chrono.gg community to my limited artistic ability. I don’t know how much I will participate but I’m guessing we’re not strict with the rules.

Also, may I suggest something? We will be following the 2019 prompt list right?

2019promptlist

6 Likes

Oof.

I suck at prompts so… I dunno if I’ll be following them.

@Koroth check this app out, I love it!:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=llamaze.com.br.whattodraw

7 Likes

I don’t mind!

I don’t think anyone will enforce rules and this is just something to do together. I will try to follow the prompts. But if some people don’t then its ok.

Though I think it would be nice if we draw what comes to mind when we see a prompt.:thinking:

7 Likes

We can use this thread for comments, thoughts and suggestions for Inktober. If people want to follow the prompts that’s fine. If you miss a day, don’t give up. Post the next day.

If you post it elsewhere and want to share it, give the info with your drawing. Not only use the #Inktober tag but maybe use a Chrono tag too. …Like… #InktoberChrono.gg2019 If anyone else has a better tag…post it here.

Make sure you post a drawing for the first 2 days at least…I am going to try to figure out prizes(games) for like “The Most Improved” and “Posting All 30 Days” etc. If any one has any suggestions as to how to do this, I would welcome some help. I have a lot on my plate right now…

6 Likes

As mentioned in a previous arts adjacent thread ideas is my primary weak point so prompts is definitely something that would work for me. I’m going to get an early start and post a ring today already: O

7 Likes

Yeah I saw the prompt and I was like… I can barely draw, let alone come up with something off the top of my head! But, it’s nice that it’s there. Still unsure if I will be doing this. It sounds really fun, but drawing can be extremely frustrating for me. But, I did love it when I drew awhile back even with the frustration. I can at least try. We’ll see what happens. Might practice a bit before tomorrow just to see how I’m feeling. Good Luck everyone!

6 Likes