Indiegala massive giveaways

I know that feeling completely… Happens all the time…

3 Likes

More cracking the code

http://blog.indiegala.com/index.php/2018/08/crack-code-win-every-bundle/

6 Likes

These puzzles are just straight up silly.

That aside,

I decided to join the golden whatever the hell thing today and I got a key but

I DON’T KNOW WHAT IT IS FOR.

You just know when you redeem it? Please advise, guys. I’m a :potato:

4 Likes

the key is used in steam, what you need to do is go to the “Games” tab and click “Activate a product code”

this little screen will open and just follow the step by step :3

in this last you put your key, and from there only joy :laughing:

3 Likes

Aww thanks so much for the tutorial :yellow_heart:

I’m familiar with this already since I’ve activated quite a few keys, but what I’m having trouble with is that IndieGala doesn’t tell me what game the key is FOR.

And I don’t feel like activating a key for There’s Poop in My Soup by accident :broken_heart:

4 Likes

There is no way to tell. But you can contact Steam to remove games from your account if it’s something you really don’t like. What Agetime mentions there is a good way to know if 1. you have it or not, and if you do have it, it will bring up the installer for the game, so you can see what game it is for.

I had written about it here:

https://206.81.1.216/t/a-note-regarding-unknown-unused-duplicate-steam-keys/12018?u=yqmaoski

2 Likes

You’re all so helpful, thanks, bro!

I got some poop games so I’m removing them for sure. Problem is, I got traumatized ever since I got a really crappy key activated that simply DOESN’T have the option of being removed via steam support. Breaks my heart:

I have this for GooCubelets as well. RIP me.

6 Likes

I got goocubelets package out of their lotto a few weeks ago and had no issues removing it, so it does not appear to be a game specific thing. Can you remove any games at all?

6 Likes

Try removing Why So Evil or Why So Evil 2. Because it’s part of that package they’ll all go together.

5 Likes

@Fraggles and @xist as always you guys are helpful darlings, but I tried removing every single one of the games in every single one of the packages to no avail. I don’t know what’s up and I don’t think it would be worth contacting Steam support about, just because patience is not my forte.

7 Likes

that is so weird, mine looks like this
i don’t know if it’s because i actually purchased it on steam, please don’t ask :man_facepalming: that mine gives me the option
or if your account, region, “something” is restricted in someway somehow for some obscure reason?

i’m assuming you even got to that page by the regular way, “support, -games,software, -brilliant bob search” ? :man_shrugging:
no idea why your’s wouldn’t let you remove it… maybe your account need a “refresh”, like sometimes game count need to be updated by adding another game for it to remember the actual current count? :thinking:
idono, -this is just weird dangit :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :smile:

6 Likes

So, i did the Indiegala ̶M̶o̶l̶d̶y̶ ̶T̶r̶a̶s̶h̶ ̶G̶i̶v̶e̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ Golden Flash Giveaway and got a random key for something i already own though i don’t know what (most likely a trash game that was removed from the Steam Store). I would encode the code to fight off ninjas but i don’t think people will be fighting over this.

9FZFC-TRQX3-92JAP

1 Like

already have it, anyone who’s interested: it’s absconding zatwor, break into zatwor, friends of imprisonment, and they came from the moon (the wizards)

1 Like

0?XHE-FB8A3-E50VI 2+2 is ? minus 1 thats 3 quik maffs

Goo cubelets pack

2 Likes

this is turning into a maffs exam

4 Likes

Has anyone gotten anything good out the giveaways so far? Like in the last two years.
The best I got was “Stayin’ Alive”. The rest were pretty much comparable to Zatwor and such.

Someone on steamgifts told me they got Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa’s Revenge which is a game i want. That’s the only reason i entered that trashy giveaway.

Here’s another key for something i already have but i don’t know what the key is for. Most likely a garbage game though.

490DN-YQQ6J-7HRVQ

it’s for those zatwor games

I just did the Indiegala Massive Giveaway… got a key for 3 games that Steam doesn’t sell anymore… is from a banned developer… here is the post I placed on their forums:

"I think it is pretty bad when you are receiving keys for games no longer sold on Steam. Sends a poor message to the people that use indiegala. I just received a key for 3 games from a developer that was BANNED from Steam!!! Developer is Zonitron Productions. "

anyone else have this issue?