Black Sect 2: The Cursed Crypt (PnC Remake)
After stealing the magical book of spells in La Secte Noire, the Black Sect has returned to terrorize the population. They are gathering in a nearby crypt, below the dark rooms of the castle of Golin the Gnome, and you have ventured into it. Find your way to the crypt through the castle filled with passages blocked by gates, doors and chests to be opened, buttons to be pressed, levers to be pulled, and secret rooms…
Can you annihilate this evil sect once and for all?
This is an English remake of the French graphic adventure game ‘La Crypte Des Maudits’, originally released for the Amstrad CPC in French language only by Lankhor.
The game can be played in the following palettes (you can switch at any time while in-game):
* Amstrad color with 11 palettes
* Amstrad grey with 1 palette
* Amstrad green with 1 palette
It is perhaps a decade into our future… Mankind’s future. The economies of the world have imploded. Governments have waged war on both their neighbors and their own citizens. There has been a complete collapse of society, order, infrastructure, and morality. Horrific weapons have scarred the earth and vaporized entire cities. Those who have not yet perished are forced to scavenge and struggle for survival. This is their new reality. Hordes of disfigured creatures hunt for food. Gangs of bandits rob, kill, and loot. You are but a dim flicker of light in a dark and dying world. This is the world of Waste Walkers.
- Character Creation, Customization, & Progression
- Skill System
- Dynamic & Compelling Main Story
- Open World
- Huge City Map With Miles Of Land To Traverse & Over 120 Interior Areas To Enter & Explore Including A Metro System Under The City Which Is Almost As Large As The City Itself
- Semi-Randomly Generated Gameplay
- Chilling & Unique Atmosphere
- Diverse & Memorable Characters
- Realistic Hunger & Thirst System
- Face Constant & Ever Evolving Challenges
- Background Story & Fictional Lore (Story Rich)
- Open Class Leveling System
- Player-Managed Colony System
- Arena Mini Game
- Field Of View System (Can be disabled)
- Randomized Music & Environmental Ambiance
- Foraging, Hunting, Crafting & Scavenging
- Light & Easy To Use Crafting System
- Totally Randomized Loot
- Hand Crafted Environments
- Original Soundtrack
- Stunning Sound Effects
- Dozens of Different Enemies Including Mutants, Bandits, Wild Animals, & More
- Open Environments
- Deep Combat System
- Full Mouse & Keyboard Support
- Over 55 Side Quests
- Randomized Events
- Day/Night Cycle
- Randomized Weather Patterns
- Hundreds Of Choices For Equipment
- Fully Equippable Characters
- Countless Hours Of Gameplay (Side Quests, Short Main Quest)
- Endless Replayability
Thanks, Geeky again
The Fan is an interactive photo fiction with real locations and actors.
Follow the story of “The Fan”, a serial killer abducting women to fulfill his dark fantasies. His latest catch lies in his basement but she’s not ready yet. Everything needs to be perfect for the ritual, when he’ll show her “True love”.
The fan is a first person exploration game with a unique twist. Driven by a creepy and unsettling atmosphere, it will take you deep within the darkest places of Paris underground.
The Fan is entirely made with photos. It has a classic “point and click” feel, using only left and right click but it’s closer to the recent Telltale Game series than to traditional adventures games. There are no painful mini-games or artificially inserted sliding puzzles as it is more about discovery and choices. Find out more about the Killer and his victims as the story unfolds and you may be the one to ultimately decide their fate.
WARNING: The game isn’t rated yet but I wouldn’t recommend if if you’re under 16, due to the themes and some violent sequences.
Indiegala gave this game away before, back in early 2019…
… it was a hard pass for many. That said, here is a review from our very own @YQMaoski.
JASEM: Just Another Shooter with Electronic Music
Do you need any reason to shoot your enemies in game? Because JASEM doesn’t give you one - just you, your weapons, crazy beats and enemies. And you need to shoot every one of them, and it’s up to you to make it the most hilarious and explosive way.
So, JASEM: Just Another Shooter With Electronic music - is:
* Whirlwind gameplay;
* Gunfight non-stop;
* Fighting enemies, no dancing around their slow bullets;
* Juicy low-poly effects;
* Crazy physics - you can do improvized stealth or create shortcuts;
* Epic Bosses;
* No story, narrative and even texts at all (except of seizure warning, because, you know, if you know the way of warning about it with no text, pls let me know).
In a world oppressed by ruthless machines, a stronghold full of die-hard TV-sets resists the persecution.
Your lost friends and the lack of resources drive you to take action against the extinction. Brave the dangers and go find your comrades to rescue your species!
Mechanic escape is a platform game full of infernal chases.
In order to find his lost friends, Mech (the hero) doesn’t hesitate to play the
humanTV-set cannonball, to pass throughout high-voltage areas or even dodge the most deadly machines. As if that was not enough, many bosses will take a real pleasure in chasing you to stop your insane journey.
Mechanic Escape is a challenge for the most experienced players, that aims to defy your reflexes.
Prepare yourself for a delirious escape combining rhythm and fun.
A breathtaking adventure!
* 80 levels
* A hardcore game
* An original universe
* Completely playable with a joystick
Shuyan Saga is a graphic novel series where action scenes come alive in 3D combat gameplay. Set in an ancient Chinese martial arts fantasy universe, you embark on a life-changing journey as Shuyan to become a true disciple of Kung Fu and stop the evil Guer horde from destroying the Five Kingdoms.
* Voiceover - Starring Kristin Kreuk (Smallville, Beauty and the Beast) as Shuyan in her first ever video game!
* Hand-Drawn Art - Over 1,400 beautifully illustrated panels from Chinese comic book master Daxiong (he’s drawn Star Wars comics for Dark Horse and Justice League for DC, among others!)
* Unique Kung-Fu Gameplay - Over 300 combat animations, referenced from motion captured Kung-Fu techniques of Shifu Longfei Yang, Master of the Shanxi Praying Mantis Style.
* Original Story - Set in a fantasy world inspired by ancient China, filled with myth and lore.
* 3D Combat - Soft and hard Kung-Fu styles in two main combat modes: Arena and Focus.
* Control the Narrative - Make dialogue choices as the story progresses.
* Amazing Original Soundtrack - Composed by award-winning composer Aaron Tsang.
Nice! I have that one already. Happy to see it available for more people to enjoy. ^^
Do You Accept Death? Or Do You Fear It?
An old-school RPG made to question your acceptance of mortality. A RPG where instead of becoming stronger, you get weaker as you go along. Demitri is a hero who already completed his journey. He is already powerful, so combat is complex and strategic from the start! But no one can live forever, and everyone’s story must come to an end. The theme revolves around death and acceptance. Written by a therapist, the story is made help you think about what you cannot control. Age, death, loss… these are all things we must accept in our lives.
* No grinding levels, because the hero becomes weaker
* Complex, strategic battles from the start and no long tutorials
* Turn-based battles with the “Stance” mechanic, allowing you to strengthen the character in various ways and respond to enemy attacks.
* Strong themes of acceptance and mortality with an impactful ending, even the towns are modeled after the 5 stages of grief
* 2 versions, one for RPG veterans and one for those who just want to experience the story
* Full rpg experience with combat (6-10 hours), or…
* “Adventure Mode” (3-5 hours), which removes the element of combat and strategy, but leaves the story, puzzles, and exploration to enjoy!
* 2 endings depending on your choices
* Original art by Neon Skies Studio
Cat on a Diet
“Helping a cat become obese has never been more fun.” 8 – Pocket Gamer
“Cat on a Diet is a highly satisfying puzzler which brings a ton of nuance and creativity to the genre.” 7.5 – Arcade Sushi
Soft, fluffy, and a little on the chunky side — the podgy pussycat Dr. Meow can’t stop munching on delicious cookies and needs your help getting his greedy little paws on more! While his owner sleeps, steal away into the kitchen and help tumble this tubby tabby cat into the prized cookie jar.
Get stuck in!
Swipe and prod to claw away at wooden blocks, unscrew bolts, control powerful magnets and explode highly volatile uranium – anything to reach those cookies!
The hand that feeds?
What are the owners hiding from you? Find out as this pot-bellied kitty’s journey for sweet treats takes him up into the attic and down into the secret laboratory.
Munch all the snacks in each level and spend them on new power-ups, hats, masks and even more cookie-heisting helpers.
- witness the shenanigans of Dr. Meow in a Physics Puzzler for all ages
- visit 4 game worlds (Dr. Meows Home, Spooky Attic, Mysterious Laboratory and visit the middle ages!)
- over 100 challenging levels to complete
- two diverse game modes
- collect over 50 fabulous cat costumes
- use fun tools and inventive methods to reach the cookie jar!
Important note: the game starts by default with the invisible mouse pointer, you’ll need to change the settings ingame for that. Good luck.
Oh dang, I was still putting off looking into that one to see if it was one I’d want to get from the coin shop. I guess procrastinating worked in my favor this time!
A.I.M.2 Clan Wars
A.I.M. 2 is the sequel to the epic science fiction first-person action RPG developed by SkyRiver Studios. Its compelling story and unique look lift off exactly where the original ended.
New clans led by Mechminds of the Fifth Generation are powerful and well-organized formations with far-reaching plans. Powerful groups have different interests that often crossed, war broke out again. However this time it is the struggle not for mere control, this is struggle for survival. The clans want to eliminate the weaker ones standing in their way and will stop at nothing to dominate their enemies. To achieve their goals they use not only military means, but economic ones as well. As of now none of the clans has managed to achieve complete victory.
You are a part of the oldest clan called the Reckoners, a dedicated group looking for the firstborn Mechmind of the Fifth Generation. This could be a chance to restore former might for your clan which has lost its power and even be victorious in the war.
This version of the game has been updated specially for Steam to make it compatible with modern PCs.
Original sci-fi storyline plunging you into the world of intelligent robots Opportunity to create a personalized clan consisting of independently operating machines Tactical operations as well as clan strategic management 36 different gliders are available to fly Huge game world with diverse locations, including subterranean caverns Different options to interact with other Mechminds Advanced trading system Updated for compatibility with modern PCs
I’ve played the first game quite a bit back in the day (shame it’s not available these days) and if you like open world exploration, trading, and vehicular action this one might be your cup of tea.