IGN's review of Dead Cells was inspired...

i love how this found a use here too :joy:

also, wtf is with this "sorry not sorry/sorry i got caught"attitude century we are in? :man_facepalming: you sht the bed, own up to it and deal with it. :triumph:

8 Likes

Agreed, sorry seems to be the hardest word to spell. At this point, this story is getting really sad.

3 Likes

Good lord, what is it with people in this industry and not admitting fault?

If he had just said he was sorry and been sincere about it, people would probably have forgiven him eventually, maybe he had a somewhat understandable reason like say his life was hectic and he didn’t have the time to play the game, make no mistake that wouldn’t make it okay but his career would be salvageable.
Instead the “Uhh no I didn’t do anything, accusations!” route.

Can any math nut calculate what an infinitesimal chance there’d be of him using the exact same words and structure as Boomstick?

5 Likes

I’ll set my Shakespeare writing monkeys on the problem immediately!

6 Likes

Assuming no structure/logical rules (cause it is easier to calculate) it is a 1/26th chance per letter, so (1/26)^X where x is the number of letters.

1/26 is already pretty small, but again this assumes there aren’t any logical rules… so perhaps just use the 1/26th chance for the 1st letter of each word. So (1/26)^X would now have X be the number of words.

Very interesting read. Thanks :blush:

Reminds me of Library of Babel.

The Library of Babel is a place for scholars to do research, for artists and writers to seek inspiration, for anyone with curiosity or a sense of humor to reflect on the weirdness of existence - in short, it’s just like any other library. If completed, it would contain every possible combination of 1,312,000 characters, including lower case letters, space, comma, and period. Thus, it would contain every book that ever has been written, and every book that ever could be - including every play, every song, every scientific paper, every legal decision, every constitution, every piece of scripture, and so on. At present it contains all possible pages of 3200 characters, about 104677 books.

Since I imagine the question will present itself in some visitors’ minds (a certain amount of distrust of the virtual is inevitable) I’ll head off any doubts: any text you find in any location of the library will be in the same place in perpetuity. We do not simply generate and store books as they are requested - in fact, the storage demands would make that impossible. Every possible permutation of letters is accessible at this very moment in one of the library’s books, only awaiting its discovery. We encourage those who find strange concatenations among the variations of letters to write about their discoveries in the forum, so future generations may benefit from their research.

I’m late to the party and I can’t care less for IGN, but I love what Motion Twin did with the fiasco and sorry to kaerazene for what I’m doing with his art. I can only hope this was intentional :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

They should change their steam store page “box quotes” to use one of the lines from Boomstick. Preferably one of the ones stolen verbatim from his review.

3 Likes