IGN's review of Dead Cells was inspired...

7 Likes

7 Likes

24 hours later, IGN’s editor was fired for plagariam and Boomstick subscription count tripled.
Kotaku published more evidence of plagarism, the same IGN’s editor also copied Nintendo Life’s FIFA 18 review.

8 Likes

I’ve been on this discussion on reddit, it’s absolutely disgusting and I’m sure it’s happened before, boomstick guy citing “child like copying skills” is exactly true xD it was just like being in high school again except they got caught thank goodness. but anyway hopefully this is solved and people will be more careful about who they hire, that guy had the “voice” of a games newscaster, but no brain.

5 Likes

I am glad that he got what he deserved, though clearly this is something that he’s been getting away with for a while…

6 Likes

I am surprised by that. I thought for sure they would defend him, no matter what. Maybe even that was too blatant. There is justice after all.

The YouTuber guy has come out of it pretty well. Good on him.

6 Likes

Nothing to do with being “blatant.” IGN never would have let it slide had they known about this… and now they do. When it comes to things like plagiarism, they HAVE to quickly deal with it.

TLDR: They gave Boomstick Gaming a 7.9/10. Nice visuals, too easy, accusation holds too much water

5 Likes

IGN is in talk with Boomstick for compensation based on AD revenue.
[Source: YongYea]

This is a nice move from IGN. All is left to do is a public apology, wrapped in a video message about ethics. That would help IGN facing the current backlash.
All in all, IGN handled well the situation.

8 Likes

Agreed, really expected them to try to sweep it under the rug, shuffle some people around or simply denying any wrongdoings had taken place. It’s nice to be wrong some times.

9 Likes

They did

5 Likes

I am glad they did, it’s the right thing.

1 Like

That was fast :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d prefer Peer over Brian, but it’s good enough. This is the end of it, hopefully.

https://youtu.be/xpN54k93ugM

1 Like

It looks like everyone but he himself believes that he had been plagiarizing…

5 Likes

I can’t believe that he put out a video which doesn’t address the problem at all, and also, that he’d think going up against some as respected as Jason Schreier was a good idea.

2 Likes

what a loser, lol

3 Likes

Were the circumstances that he is lazy and didn’t think he’d get caught?

4 Likes

lazy and stupid, and even too stupid to realize the gig is up; ppl like that just dont get it and dont change either

4 Likes

https://youtu.be/gNdQ8jOrQRc

4 Likes

this bitch is just trying to bitch his way out of this, he doesn’t own up to anything at all; this is just crap; y it ain’t his family’s fault and they shouldn’t be bothered but he’s the idiot who put them in this situation in the first place

says he takes full responsibility, doesn’t own up to any wrongdoing :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes
  1. You are not getting another job in the industry.
  2. If you happen to luck by one, it’s someone taking pity on you because they want to put their own business integrity on the line…

It’s not going to happen bud… Get another life

3 Likes