I Like Cheese

I recently had found a really nice smoked scamorza mozzarella.
I had it in a panini with pestrami, it was fantastic!

So, What cheese is you favourite or what cheese have you recently discovered?

12 Likes

congrats!

I love emmental cheese and gruyere cheese, both of which you canā€™t find where I live; and if you do ever see it, u canā€™t afford it, rofl

i have been able to eat brie or camembert a few times this last decade, so i canā€™t rly complain i guess

10 Likes

Too bad, Cheese likes chocolate milk.

12 Likes

Thereā€™s this one cheese that my grandma brought from one of her trips that I never found the name of it and havenā€™t had that taste since, itā€™s my favorite but unfortunatelly thatā€™s my sufferingā€¦

But here, have a pĆ£o de queijo
Literally means cheese bread, a traditional recipe from Minas Gerais, and itā€™s the best thing in this fucking world.

http://www.gastronomiarural.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Receita-de-PĆ£o-de-Queijo-Mineiro-gastronomia-rural.jpg

9 Likes

Where do you live I could send you some we have lots here!

9 Likes

Being half Swiss, cheese is life!! Any cheese, all cheese, especially cheese! Xx

5 Likes

Completely agree with @Enki , PĆ£o de queijo is one of the best dishes Iā€™ve ever eaten :sparkling_heart: .I believe that the first time I ate was most probably made by my grandmother (who is practically an expert on the subject :joy: ) and as we lived in different cities at that time, every week that I and my parents went to visit her it was common to have at the table a few cups of coffee and these buns :older_woman::woman_cook::heart:

Nowadays, she does not do it as often as she used to do .-. but in the few times she does, Iā€™m usually helping her do it (best food Iā€™ve ever learned to make :heart_eyes:)

PS: I really like Gorgonzola and Mozzarella cheeses. :3 :yum:

5 Likes

Egypt, and i do appreciate it but 1. it will never reach me, it will get ā€œlostā€ along the way; 2. even if it did, it would completely melt beforehand, lol

for some weird reason, thereā€™s plenty of stuff they just donā€™t import or want to produce here, take fizzy drinks for example, coke, pepsi, fanta, 7up, sprite, they all have plants here (well i guess basically those r all owned by coke or pepsi anyway), but the only drinks uā€™ll find here are the regular base drinks or the ā€˜lightā€™ version, and thatā€™s it, now and then u can find a cherry or vanilla coke or even a dr. pepper (very rarely), but uā€™ll pay 5 times the price of a regular drink to enjoy that, lol

cheese same problem, itā€™s either gouda or flamanc (donā€™t ask, thatā€™s just what they call it here, must be an attribution to Flanders, where Iā€™m actually from, but i wouldnā€™t know what its real name is, lol), turkish (istanbuli they call it, rofl), triangle cheese (type la vache qui rit, donā€™t know what u call that), and maybe a cheap feta knockoff, and then thereā€™s also disgusting mozarella (i like mozarella, but the stuff here is absolute fatty and disgusting crap)

and chocolate :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:, itā€™s either mars, snickers, twix, or cadbury, or u can spend your whole salary on a few tablets of Lindt and maybe every 2 years u can do so on Cote dā€™Or :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

and i used to live on chocolate in belgiumā€¦

7 Likes

Iā€™m gonna try this one!
Found this:

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-po-de-queijo-brazilian-cheese-bread-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-176118

And I love Brie, Gorgonzola and Parmigiano (which isnā€™t parmesan) :yum:

https://www.gustissimo.it/articoli/ingredienti/formaggi-latticini/brie.jpg

http://www.teatronaturale.it/media/img/cibo/2016/Parmigiano-Reggiano-Dop.jpg

10 Likes

Danish Feta. Nice cheese with non-animal rennet

As Lupe Fiasco says

Stack dat cheese

7 Likes

ā€œits cheese flavor was so haunting that I had to eat several more just to fix it in my mindā€

Happens all the time. :ok_hand:

Please give us some feedback later when you do it, hopefully you nail the recipe because itā€™s one of those that you have to make it perfectly and since you havenā€™t had before itā€™s going to be a mistery! And grannies love to keep the recipes as a secret :rofl:

6 Likes

OMG I had similar cheese balls in a bakery next to my home
but the bakery got closed before I could ask the name. :frowning:

7 Likes

Iā€™ll do my best, @Enki Senpai!

5 Likes

real men have chocolate salty balls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACDOBjPHqb8

7 Likes

Iā€™ve seen it coming XD

3 Likes

this video is so good.

be me
see unregistered hypercam 2
forget everything else

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a very simple recipe, I just might give it a go some day. I even have all the ingredients at home already.

5 Likes

I like most cheese (except blue, that stuff is foul). On a cracker I am most partial to brie but I did like the old 5 counties back in the day
It combines 5 English cheeses Cheddar, Cheshire, Derby, Double Gloucester and Red Leicester.

If you like brie and hate blue cheese in my books you are

6 Likes

As a American, Cheese is quite literally on almost everything but my top 3 favorite are Sharp Cheddar, Swiss, & White American cheese.

9 Likes

As an american, i wish cheese was on more things

4 Likes