I have received an Insurgency code even though I did not buy the game

i know it’s usually not nice to make light of some troubles, -but that one actually had me cracking up a bit :thumbsup:
(poop soup just sneaks in everywhere! on this forum) :joy_cat:

1 Like

That’s a good point I failed to mention, update your passwords to something unique!

5 Likes

So I’ve made the wrong assumptions…

I wonder what website they got the data from? I’ve last been “hacked” 15 years ago or something. I’m kina worried since I cooooould be affected.

1 Like

4 Likes

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

6 Likes

:sob: Almost wish I never checked…almost. Now, I’ve got to go change my password in a few places…

1 Like

This is fascinating, I want to know all the details…

@1010011010 derailment is kinda what we do around here, they are forums after all and many of the users (myself included) are cynical nutters with too much time on our hands.

Hope you get a quick resolution though.

Poor Poop Soup people don’t even want to steal it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Wow, thanks, I changed all my passwords to “somethingunique” and now my bankaccounts are empty, thanks lonin :unamused:

8 Likes

Me too! It happened 21 hours ago. I just changed my password and hope that this is just a bug. I already own insurgency :(. Maybe I’ll give it to a friend.

2 Likes

To be clear, it appears only a very small fraction of our userbase was affected.

5 Likes

@adelin07

do what the boss man says, send an email to support help@chrono.gg to begin with, in order to get it fixed

3 Likes

Thanks, I already did that around the time I posted that comment :slight_smile: I just got an automated response for now

2 Likes

So, has anyone had their problem solved, yet? Because, I haven’t yet…

1 Like

Not yet. I only received a message saying they’re working on it and that the coins will be refunded, but they don’t know when.

1 Like

An update: we’ve got the attack under control, so we’re now in the process of looking into the accounts that were affected. Still no timetable on the coin refunds, but we’re working on it!

4 Likes

I think you fixed the auto-purchases a little too early, @lonin.

10 Likes

Anyone get their coins back yet?

2 Likes

Chrono is not a huge company with hundreds of staff, so a little patience helps in these matters

when something changes from that, i’m sure Lonin will update us :+1:

(and in case you haven’t, in order to get your process started, remember to have send them a mail to support help@chrono.gg for them to know your account was affected)

Just wanted to say Thank you to Chrono.gg for giving us our coins back. Really generous, you are awesome guys !

6 Likes

No problem! For those affected, we sent out an email on Friday letting you know that we’ve added a refund option to shop orders that were potentially purchased without authorization. If you didn’t receive an email, but had unauthorized purchases on your account, please PM me or send an email to help@chrono.gg.

3 Likes