I have received an Insurgency code even though I did not buy the game

yea, i’m actually logged in right now and keep glancing at the coin-purchase-order history tabs, to check if anything funny is going on with “muh stuff”

That and magically losing your streak.

I knew there was something else, ahh that one in particular with everyone against that one guy and lonin had to actually show the log, I put it in the lock box in my brain labelled with 'Do NOT open ever for the love of puppies just DON’T!!"

I don’t care if you think i’m a fake account. I have the account in chrono.gg 2 months but not here because i’m not english and i’m in anothers communities. I just joined now because i had this problem and i want resolve it. Chrono.gg send me an email of “the purchase” and i can do photos if a admin needs be sure of that

3 Likes

not saying you are a fake account, sometimes it just appears suspicious when this sort of thing happen and no previous “already established” account has the same issues, whatsoever at all, that “only” the new one does
(but indeed you need to be new to make your first post, and mostly people tend to post for the first time only when they have an issue, sorta a mild catch 22)
but do send email to support when you have issues like this tho
help@chrono.gg
after all this is a forum, and the users here can’t do anything directly, that’s up for support, so that email is your first best bet
otherwise it might take a little time before the staff reads these posts, so then you have to wait for them to get back to you
so help@chrono.gg is always good to try

4 Likes

Everyone just chill and let TPTB investigate. Put the pitchforks away in the barn where they belong. Keep an eye on your account and count to 10.

Everyone that this has affected send an email to help@chrono.gg with screen shots. Chrono is very good about dealing with problems …This will get solved.

And to the new ones with account…I would like to welcome you to the community. Sorry we have to meet this way…But pull up a chair and maybe read a few threads and see the free games we have found.

9 Likes

2 Likes

Nope I found a better one
https://memecrunch.com/meme/38A64/everybody-chill-i-m-only-here-for-the-comments/image.jpg?w=553&c=1

4 Likes

Ok, I’ll try to chill. But I’m keeping an eye on my dog, just for safety.

Socks firmly on.

4 Likes

No suspicious activity on this end, FWIW.

2 Likes

happened to me too, says about 10 hours ago on the transaction, I gave the key to a friend tho lol

2 Likes

Insurgency bought on my account too, got the email at 14:39 BST.

2 Likes

that’s certainly a way to take a coin"hit" with your chin up :thumbsup:
(assuming the “perpetrator” hadn’t used the key and it actually worked for your friend)

Yeah the key worked for him and I thought it was just a bug on the site since this thread is up?

1 Like

couldn’t say if bug or malicious/“perpetrator”(hence the paranoia), since i’m just a mere forum dweller hoping Chrono can/will eventually shed some light on it
but either way, perp, or “just” actual bug. If/when the issue is legit, it’s rarely fun(even if could activate key), and i do hope it gets sorted for those affected

1 Like

Wow, I find someone else who is having the same problem as me, so I posted a reply in hopes that it gets attention, and now I see the topic has been completely derailed. Let me get us back on topic and address some concerns.

An issue with multiple users is occurring where a copy of Insurgency is bought without their consent (this issue involving other games is unconfirmed). Whether this is a bug or a breach, nobody knows.

As for clicking on the little profile pictures on this forum to check for when the account was created, that is the FORUM ACCOUNT for Chrono.gg This was my first time posting on their community forums, which means as of right now it states that my account is only a few hours old. However, I have been browsing Chrono.gg since before they even had their coin system. Hell, I still use the Totalbiscuit link for Chrono.gg because he was the one that introduced me to the website. In short, this method is ineffective for checking the validity of accounts. I’m hoping someone with more knowledge of these forums can provide a better method.

I’ll be taking some of your advice and using their help email: help@chrono.gg

To summarize:

• This problem of Insurgency being bought without consent is very real (again, I’m not sure about other games being bought. So far the only double-blind has been with Insurgency)
  • When the Forum Accounts and Chrono.gg Accounts were created are separate, as far as the website is considered. Please stop invalidating accounts based solely on the fact that this is their first post…
  • Use help@chrono.gg if you are having this issue. It seems to be the best bet.
3 Likes

Hey folks, this is a real issue that we’re aware of and actively working on. We’ll be responding to everyone that has emailed us (so please email us at help@chrono.gg if you were affected).

As for what happened, we’ve not found any breaches on Chrono.gg, this appears to be a malicious party using user credential dumps from other websites to log into accounts. We’re working on stopping this current attack along with creating a solution that will help prevent this from happening in the future.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

15 Likes

thank you so much for the info
personal paranoia levels dialed down to 4
:hugging:

1 Like

Thanks for the Info. Better gonna change all my passwords I guess… Keep up the good work you guys are awesome Chrono GG team :wink:

3 Likes

@lonin Let’s be real here. Was this your failsafe method of distribution for There’s Poop in My Soup? I get that you’re desperate to clear the keys, but…

7 Likes