Humble Paradox Bundle

Interesting new bundle from Humble, if anyone is interested?

Pillars of Eternity is in there… and … some other… things.

8 Likes

I’d be all over this if the Pillars DLC was included…as it is I’m on the fence.

2 Likes

Damn, I thought there would have to be some cool games for me to snag in, but naw, nothing of interest to me :expressionless:

Well, Pillars of Eternity is interesting, but 6$ doesn’t make me move yet :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

i liked the monthly bundle where Pillars were included more over this :blush:
but i did get tier 1, for magicka 2, i mean 1$ for magicka 2 seems like an utter steal? :smiley:

7 Likes

I thought I would get it for Magicka 2 but apparently I already have it. The more you know.

7 Likes

Yeah the only real thing of interest is Pillars but without the DLC it doesn’t seem worth it because I know by the time I really wanna get around to it it’ll be cheaper than $6.11

4 Likes

Given that I did not enjoy Magicka 1 at all, it could be argued…xD But it certainly is a good deal anyway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Looks promising…

3 Likes

i enjoyed magicka 1 a bunch, their messed up language was enough to keep me with giggles through most play, even if gameplay felt sorta "god of war"spammy eventually :smile:

3 Likes

Bought Tier 2. Pillars for less than $8 AUD seems nice to me. Rest is a bonus on top, even with a couple of duplicates. But hey, that just means another giveaway on here :smiley:

3 Likes

I am thinking about Tier 1. I just put 60.00 in my paypal from doing surveys and I have already bought 3 other bundles…

3 Likes

I’m a massive fan of Magicka & Magicka:Wizars Wars.
As for magicka2…euww!!

2 Likes

Picked it up for Magicka 2. Loved the first one; second one seems very polarizing, but for $1 it’s worth a shot.

4 Likes

Story of my life…

1 Like

No it most probably will not. This is Paradox and they do not cut the base prices of their games almost ever, I had been waiting for a very long time to grab Pillars and DLC also thinking it will eventually get cheaper. Paradox have been vocal about not devaluing their games as a principle and so far they’ve stuck to their guns on that one. Go look at any of their games at a price tracker site. Crusader kings 39,99 remains unchanged from 2013, Cities skylines 27,99 unchanged, Magicka 9,99 /2 14,99 and the same goes for their DLCs which they churn out in quite large quantities.

This bundle is likely to be the cheapest opportunity to get hold of these titles you’ll get in years and even then you’re likely going to have to get any DLC you desire at at best 50%-60% off full price.

Not saying you all should jump on this bundle like it’s the last life raft of the titanic but if you really do desire any of the titles here know that it’s Paradox you’re dealing with and how they operate as they’re a bit of a unique entity on the market.

4 Likes

I’m tempted for the Magika 2, I played it a little previously but never got far in, it only really seemed fun for mixing magic types together and blowing things up. Does it get more interesting further into the game?

3 Likes

Any Magicka fans checked out Nine Parchments ? Kind of like Magicka, but done by the Trine guys, so it is extremely colourful (I swear they invent new colours for their games).

Also, I would be keen to get some Magicka 1/2 multi-player action in with some people in the near future, providing we can work out any timezone/ping/voip issues. Anyone keen?

3 Likes

I could go for another Magicka playthrough at some point. As long as we’re not using discord.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Eh, you are probably right. I knew there was a company that was “Our game was released a decade ago and it’s still the same price, what’s your problem?” but had forgotten it was Paradox which, cool for them, probably just means I won’t end up buying and playing their game, I have heaps of other things on my wishlist and in my backlog that if the price isn’t right then I don’t care.

I also care about buying the whole game, I hate having to buy DLC later. Not to mention playing a game then DLC comes out later so I have to go back if I want to get the best experience and if the DLC is suppose to start at a point I’ve already passed or breaks something about the early game because it assumes you have already played it, ugh.

If someone really wants some of these games you are right this will probably be their best opportunity but for me I looked at it and wasn’t immediately looking for the buy button and I tend to listen to that instinct and don’t get things. Maybe sometimes it sucks to not be an impulsive shopper.

5 Likes