Howdy

Hello Chronoers… Chrons… uhmmm… Chronoies? well what ever y’all call yourselves, I’m introducing myself or I should say re-introducing myself. I am @TR3NT.

I’ve been pretty absent these last few years mostly because my gaming PC died back in late '21/early '22 when I had no money and the PC market was sky high and still is in some aspects, I became quite demoralized during that time when it happened I didn’t have a job, and as a introvert gaming and being apart of gaming communities was my main way to socialize so it was hard.

I then became a Mobile Gamer to keep me in the gaming realm but after about a year I gave up, either because the games I were anticipating the most were getting delayed or cancelled and the games I was playing kept making changes that I didn’t like to the point I gave up on them.

But anyways I’ve landed at a job that pays well, which brings me back to here because I’m going to be getting a new Gaming PC very soon. I plan to talk more on that later on a separate post because I know some of y’all may be able help with what I’m looking at.

Now on to why I’m not using the other account, well that’s because I wanted a name change and to also start fresh, with all that happened It just felt like its a great time to start fresh for me.

Also I chose the name SLVYT/slvyt (alternate spelling of slate), because it was simple, sounded cool & felt more mature then the many other usernames I had over the years in and outside of gaming and it’s a name I plan on keeping in the long for a while.

And For those who are new or those who forgot who I am, My name is Trent, I live in Virginia, USA. I am In my mid 20’s and I’m a Introvert. When I was gaming on PC I was mainly into Simulators like Euro Truck Sim 2, Spintires (OG Mudrunner) and Shooters like BF4, APB Reloaded & BR games. I also grew up playing the Sega Genesis, SNES, OG Xbox, & Wii. And for handhelds the GB Advance, DS Lite & PSP. I’ve basically been gaming since I was a toddler, So it was a bit hard for me to stop a few years back but glad I’m finally coming back to Gaming/PC Gaming and I’m happy to be back here after all this time. :grin:

13 Likes

@SLVYT Welcome back to the community!

7 Likes

proxy-image

I had the same thing happen to me during covid. Though I cannibalized other desktops for parts and am currently using a Frankenstein desktop. I’ve had little success buying used parts but its chugging along. Buy new and keep old working parts for backup. I can’t afford 3k for my “dream” pc atm. hah!

8 Likes

Welcome back @SLVYT :sparkles: :dizzy: :sparkles:

7 Likes

diehard

6 Likes

Hey there, welcome back! I hope you enjoy your stay! :grin:

7 Likes

@SLVYT welcome, have fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Good to see you back, @TR3NT/@SLVYT :revolving_hearts:

7 Likes

Woohoo! Welcome back to the clan! :heart:

May the gaming PC manifest soon.

6 Likes

Welcome back @SLVYT !!
The good thing about being a game hoarder/patient gamer is i have bunches of games that will run on my old 1060. =P

8 Likes