How to train your dragon 3

Omg omg omg omg omg OMG!

12 Likes

14 Likes

I am a big fan of the series tooā€¦ I like animation, and I like dragonsā€¦ so it works out. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

My oh my, thatā€™s a sinister look on Astrid there.

6 Likes

Can I ask for a better subtitle than ā€˜The Hidden Worldā€™ ?

Honestly, for a childrenā€™s film that is only slightly above ā€˜Return of _____ā€™ for a subtitle.

7 Likes

The first movie was really good. second movie ā€¦ also really good bit not as good, third movieā€¦ looking forward to it, but letā€™s be real here, in any movie series the third is never the best. But who knows it could be the best movie ever, no matter, good or bad reviews Iā€™ll watch it.

4 Likes

The third Lord of the Rings movie was the best :stuck_out_tongue:

Summary

Anyone who disagrees with me I will fight

8 Likes

I never watched lord of the rings :confused:
If I were to I think I would read the books :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Looks like we fightingā€¦ Two Towers is where it is atā€¦ the films hit their best stride there. Return of the King felt a bit rushed to put the pieces together, over the top in the action and honestly (and perhaps contradictory) many sequences felt drawn outā€¦ The film just was going full tilt to reach specific set pieces, then sorta mucked around there before running as fast as possible to the next piece.

I wonā€™t deny Minas Tirith was awesome, but honestly the film as a whole didnā€™t feel as great as I remembered it upon revisiting it.

7 Likes

As much as I liked How To Train Your Dragon, I think I am more interested to watch

14 Likes

@hivefleetbothan Well at least you admit Minas Tirith was amazing

@Nateninja21 I still have to get around to reading the books but I heard they are amazing! :smiley:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve preferred the first movie and the first book too. Mainly in the book, but also in the movie, thereā€™s a strong sense of urgency that kept me glued to each page. And the last parapgraph of the first book is simply amazing.

Iā€™ve also liked The hobbit, and I mean the book. A much more streamlined adventure when compared to The Lord of the rings, focused on relationship rather than conflict. The chapter where Bilbo meets Gollum inside the mountain is so vividly described that will give you chills.

The Silmarillion is a fashinating book, in which you can find the origin of the rings, ages before what happens in the other publications. Not the easiest read, but interesting.

Finally, The adventures of Tom Bombadil is a short adventure featuring elves and dragons, the perfect read for kids.

@Twistedgerm the books are fantastic. When I was 13, Iā€™ve read The hobbit because our teacher gave us that as homework during school break. Iā€™ve finished reading it in just a few days; every night was hard to put that book down. Best homework ever.

A new book will be published soon by Tolkienā€™s son. I canā€™t wait.

5 Likes

Sometimes the power of a book is underestimated, like you said if you get into a good, well written book, it can be just as vivid, just as much there as a movie, maybe better. And I for one believe books can be better than movies.

2 Likes

Yep, and these are that kind of books :wink:

But in my opinion, Peter Jackson did a masterful job. Transferring the book into film was a daunting task, that he pulled off like no one before.

2 Likes

I recently went to my local Goodwill and found a little gem called ā€œThe Children of Hurinā€ by J.R.R. Tolkien.

Canā€™t wait to dive into that too :smiley:

4 Likes

this might be old news but i just saw it today and it looks EPIC

5 Likes

Not even close! The return of the king in the LoTR trilogy is the equivalent of Ringo Star in the Beatles.

6 Likes

You have to love Spiderman 3 then :laughing:

2 Likes

OMG I absolutely adore dissing on Ringo. Seriously I did that like yesterday with a friend when I was giving The Beatles as an example to something: ā€œYeah you know and some times Paul wrote some songs, and some times John did, and some timesā€¦ well, Ringo didā€¦ but, you know, we ignore those times. The fact isā€¦ā€

although I actually do like Octopusā€™s Gardenā€¦ and I actually like Ringo, because he was a cool dude.

7 Likes

:thinking: :open_mouth: :thinking: Soā€¦

I donā€™t know how to say this, but I have never EVER heard a single song from the Battles at full on my entire life, some bits here and there, but I have never bothered to pay attention to them, they just donā€™t seem that great to me.

2 Likes