How to train your dragon 3

I grew up listening mainly to Beatles, Bossa Nova, MPB (Brazilian Popular Music) and classical music (from the Russians to the Austrians to the Brazilians and back). My parents were always really present when it came to music and literature, and I had a very diverse upbringing because of that.

Even if both agreed Chico Buarque was (is!) a great poet, my mom waltzed me around the house to the sound of Bee Gees while my dad muttered that they weren’t good at all and waited for his turn to blast Cat Stevens instead – which my mom also loves.

So I guess when it comes to The Beatles my heart is full of this warm nostalgia, and despite really liking (most) of their lyrics (yes, Ringo, I’m looking at you), I guess the majority of the reason I like them is because they bring back some of my fondest memories. I really dislike some of their albums, though, and I think the years before their breakup were just as shitty as Ringo thought they were.

Btw, I feel similarly about Queen, Pink Floyd and a few other bands as you do about The Beatles, @Inferry. Although I listened to several of their albums in full I did so perhaps a little too late and couldn’t find myself in their tracks or attach any feeling to them. I feel completely indifferent to Queen despite knowing exactly how technically fantastic they were and how cool Freddie Mercury was, bless him.

3 Likes

I’m also really excited for this, I love the movies. Even the Race to the edge series on Netflix, both amazing. I just wish there was a decent video game that would come out.

1 Like

RiP… i was sorta upset they decided it should come to its conclusion… granted story-wise it made sense, but it was just so darn freakin awesome i’m gonna miss it a ton
dragons, sw rebels, my shows just keep ending on me this year :cry:

Your dad was right.

About Queen, I ignored it to oblivion until my partner (7 years together by now) told me it was her favourite band. I recommend you to listen this favourite of mine

About Pink Floyd… well, I do think A momentary lapse of reason is a meh album and I love everything else.

Maybe you never got the chance to listen this one:

I would add Wish you were here (and tell you about how my relationship is a long-distance one and we have “Wish you were here” engraved on our rings but but… but what the heck, in case someone wanna hear it.

PD: I usually tell the brother of my partner even if I end for some reason making a huge tattoo of the Beatles in my back (I’m not really a fan, except maybe George Harrison) I would write in “except Ringo”. It works so well disregarding things.

1 Like

Haha, slow down. Taste is taste. I like them. Would appreciate if you could respect that. There is no such thing as ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ in that sense.

I had already listened to this one, thanks for reminding me of it! My English teacher was obsessed about them, Freddie specifically. Will never forget the days she put class on hold for a few to gush about him.

I had already listened this one also. Not my kind of sound, thanks, though.

I find this one nicer! The guitar here is simply delicious. Whoever is that is singing (I know nothing about the members), always thought he had a cool voice. Same thing about Freddie and his insane range too, of course.

hahaha that would be perfect! I would like a t-shirt with that meme you sent saying “I look at all the lonely people/yeah Ringo, I’m looking at you” because that and “While My Guitar Gently Weeps*” are my favorite Beatles tracks.

*wonderful clip, it’s a Cirque du Soleil performance.

1 Like

You may like this, they’re from Brazil but sing in italian.

1 Like

HOLY

SHIT.

What the fuck? This is amazing. AMAZING I SAY.

Both the music and the video clip are outstanding. And that beat. And and :heart_eyes:

edit:

Dude! DUDE! This one is filmed at one of my favorite Brazilian cities! I recognized it 1 second in. It’s Paraty, in Rio. One of my favorite places in the world, actually. Anyways, I think I have a new favorite band. Thanks (:

1 Like

ITT: how to train your dragon with Brazilian music?

3 Likes

Super excited! I love me some animated films. They’ve done a great job mimicking animal behavior with the dragons (Toothless!).

I just saw that yesterday. It feels like a really fresh take on animation but I also haven’t been actively watching cartoons for a while so that combination of effects and framing might already be common. Regardless it got me excited and I look forward to checking it out.

4 Likes

There are severals books and studies about taste, including some written by Kant, Hume, and so on. With the years they have tried to be less strict to appeal the public (and showcase the lack of pride and the willing to learn and recognize they may be as well be wrong). THAT’S SAID I was just pocking a little joke, I do like the Bee Gees, I really do, but I do consider them “just ok” (assuming crating art is an easy task, HA, what a fool I am sometimes). I’m willing to argue that bad art is still art and can be enjoyed, but not about the Bee Gees, they are pretty fine.

I do not love the Beetles and I do think there’s a lot of crazy fans around the world in a range of 15-75 years acting as crazy as female teenagers were in the concerts of said Beetles (except Harrison, Harrison is boss and well, Lenon seemed to be a pretty nice guy at the very least). That one, though, it’s one I do REALLY like it, and I found it by a cover nonetheless, wich shows me that, even if I’m right about the “BEETLES BEST BAND EVER” exaggeration, I have yet to know a lot of them.

Funny enough, yesterday I was having a walk with 4 friends and we passed the Cirque du Soleil - TOTEM and I told them we have to go. I’m going, either with 80 people or alone, I do know that. I falled in love with them years ago, around 2005 I think, maybe even before that. And I never saw that video, truly beautiful.

3 Likes

lol

They’re pretty good and very humble, I like their music quite a bit.
And that is a nice and colourful place :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m really excited for this movie, i really love the series (Including Movies, and Netflix Show) I just wish there was a good video game released for this.

2 Likes

Yeah all we have are a few not so great mobile games :cry:

2 Likes