How Do We Change Our Username?

Nope…I can’t…from what I see…Sorry…@lonin, @dusty, @frst will have to get involved…:persevere:

6 Likes

I already messaged @lonin to delete my account, tough he didn’t see it right now. Can he change usernames?

5 Likes

They are the owners…I am just a mod.

5 Likes

oh, so they can do whatever they want? :d

3 Likes

Pretty much…if the system lets them.

6 Likes

Well, I’ll re message @lonin I guess. For him to not delete my account, but change the username.

1 Like

I like Gokky as well :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Welcome to Chrono, buddy. Hold my beer and take a sit, I’ll show you some cool stuffs around here.

4 Likes

And so the séance begins!

7 Likes

@DownwardConcept looks like it does, tough only @lonin will be involved, I only messaged him.

5 Likes

@delenn13 welp, @lonin answered my message, he asked if I wanted to change my main chrono name or the community one. (I don’t have a name on normal chrono.gg, I only have my mail lol :d) and I said change both if you can, lets see if changing names is possible.

5 Likes

Good. Let me know…:sunglasses:

5 Likes

@delenn13 news are good. @lonin said they are working on this, so I may not need to delete my account and can be a part of the chrono.gg community :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That is great. :clap:t2:When you get it all sorted out, make sure you add your Steam profile to…

https://206.81.1.216/t/steam-friends/7499/

:+1:t2:

6 Likes

is there a chrono.gg Steam group? (The reason Im asking this is cause I don’t really add other people instead of real life friends, I dunno why, its a habit LUL)

4 Likes

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/chronogg
:+1:

ain’t no shame in that :ok_hand:

7 Likes

thx, I’ll join tomorrow, its midnight here in Turkey and I’m gonna sleep, :slight_smile:

6 Likes

because they are?
you are literally singing in/up on the forum, with your chrono store account :dizzy_face::question::man_shrugging:

superfluous "late night rant"

hint, log out of forum, click the sign up button on forum login, see what happens,
surprise, redirects you store register now, where you do assign a username(besides your email and pass)
then when you go back to forum login page (which is separate from the store yea yea), and you use that very email and pass, it auto assigns you your username on the forum, -the one that got selected on store page register, and that’s the same acc you('d) be purchasing games with or doing your coin business too, along your forum,
-so yes they are very much linked, on creation. Unless you very carefully sign up with 2 diff on first forum visit (which would then still be avail to use on store anyway)

whether they were/are any form of “hardlinked” ala steam username, no one said. In fact was strongly pointing out that there was no solid answer and “we’ve been guessing” as to if it might not be just “flippin a switch” or if could be accommodated within the discourse/forum system chrono uses, because they(chrono) hadn’t been wavin a flag around with the answer written in bold, as far as recalled,
(-guessing so wouldn’t have to go through whatever hassle it might be every time someone might decide on whim they want a fresh nick of the week)

hell i haven’t even tried to change my email in the forum section (assumed it’s just for the notifications and not actual log in), but if you notice there isn’t even a password change option, -because linked as they are, that is handled on the store page password change (at least the last time i changed my store page pass, magically also changed my forum pass)

and i’m guessing most people aren’t remotely considering signing up with 2 diff accounts when loggin in the first time, so for the vast majority, it most definitely is going to apply, “yes, your store+forum acc are linked” (especially if they join forum the same day)

(my guess what might have happened here is Gokky might not have noticed the username box on chrono sign up, but have thought it to be duplicate password confirmation box or something, which could make sense as to why it turned out to be it was pass that got used)

if the admins can handle it, great, but don’t act like a know-it-all, Gokky wasn’t told anything wrong

6 Likes

I had waaaaaaaaaaaay too little sleep to not act like that yesterday :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

But… I… Uh… Wait, I only have 1 question. In normal Chrono store, does your username appear on top right? Only my mail appears, if it does to you I might have accidently done that.

2 Likes

An email address is how you log in (or
check who is already logged in) on the main, storefront part of the website.

2 Likes