Hopes and dreams for the steam summer sale

What is everyone hoping to get out of the steam summer sale? Any Specific games people are looking for?

11 Likes

Personally, clear as many games off of my wishlist as possible.
At the moment Im eyeing a few of them in particular since I was able to buy divinity original sin 1 and 2 on the chinese new years sale.

As of now I really want to get Inside, Dead Cell and all three Kingdom rush games. Bonus would be risk of rain, the first one, I sort of love pixel art games.

9 Likes

Risk of rain 1 would be a good one, i haven’t played it but i played 2 and it was good i might be on the look out for that as well.

6 Likes

Personally hoping for good deals on Tales of Vesperia and Katamari Damacy.

Also :

11 Likes

Last year i bought a lot of games and dlc’s but this year i might only get a handful of games I already got a huge back log that i really need to start grinding through. but one game i know i’ll be getting is Doom (2016) been putting it off every steam sale and I’m finally going to get it no matter what.

7 Likes

I hope there will be a very good sale on: Dead Cells, Parkitect, megaquarium, Battle Chaser and different DLC’s

5 Likes

I want Rime. I knew it was bundled at some point, and probably even Epic Games gave it away for free, but my working schedule is not balanced, so I never got it. Now, it feels like a perfect summer game, so it would be nice to get it with a proper discount :grinning:

Also, I wish they adjusted the price for Octopath Traveler. When I google it, I can see that it costs 60 bucks.

Bc of current ruble to dollar rate, it’s quite heavy, but it’s a great game, so gotta plan and save…

But then I open the shop and it goes like this

And that’s just ridiculous. They didn’t bother with translating it to Russian, but they want $71. Now, it may not look like a big difference if you’re outside Russia. But here the minimum living wage is $158. Many teachers and medics don’t even get that, and many young people feel good if they get paid around $320 monthly. I understand it’s their right to settle prices, but that was a weird decision to add extra 11 dollars here, where they look like a big deal. Russian review section currently consists mostly of angry gamers who think that’s too much to ask and discuss all the times when Nintendo products were more expensive in Russia than in most other countries (and that had happened quite a lot).

If I think of something else, I’ll add later.

9 Likes

I’m actually pretty lucky since I’m about to get my new PC (this one is a potato PC) and MANAGE to play games lol, and summer sale is very close!

8 Likes

I hope for a terrible sale so it will be easier to resist spending money on video games…

13 Likes

Gonna buy 1 game, regardless if it’s on sale or not:

And may buy one or two more, depending on how deeply discounted these games are:

Eastshade

You are a traveling painter, exploring the island of Eastshade. Capture the world on canvas using your artist’s easel. Talk to the inhabitants to learn about their lives. Make friends and help those in need. Visit cities, scale summits, unearth mysteries, and discover forgotten places!

The Gardens Between

The Gardens Between is a surreal puzzle adventure that follows best friends, Arina and Frendt, as they fall into a mysterious world of beautiful garden islands. Manipulate time to solve puzzles and discover the secrets of each island.

Tick Tock: A Tale for Two

You and your friend are trapped in a mystical world. As time ebbs away you must solve increasingly complex puzzles to escape. Cooperation is key as neither of you have the full picture!

And some small & weird indie titles very few people have played/acknowledged that are always on my radar and that I cannot wait to play (one day), in no particular order:

1. Your Future Self
  2. Desert Child
  3. The Haunted Island, a Frog Detective Game
  4. Save her, from dreams
  5. Rainswept
  6. Heaven Will be Mine
  7. Hotel Sowls [EARLY ACCESS]
  8. Beglitched
  9. Seek Etyliv
  10. Ritual of the Moon
  11. Despotism 3k
  12. Heaven’s Vault
  13. Clam Man
  14. Haque
  15. Whispers of a Machine

“Mainstream” stuff I want:

1. Void Bastards
  2. ISLANDERS
  3. Equilinox

DISCLAIMER: sharing all these because I know some of you are always seeking hidden gems to keep an eye out for. So, to those who don’t fit that description: sorry for the long list. :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

so here’s your first puzzle, let’s see if you get it right. Good luck!

DOG   HAS   DEVIL   AND   HOT   IS
GO

IS   CORA   CUTE   IS   EVIL

Hint

In case the intention isn’t obvious: you should “reorder” the words in a way that you think reflects the reality.
therefore…

REA   IS   WIN
LITY

Solution

DEVIL

IS

CORA   IS   EVIL   AND   HOT

HAS

DOG   IS   CUTE
GO

8 Likes

maybe prey goty or whatever the full version is called if a bigger than normal discount is put on, other than that probably just DLC

prey is the main game but i have others on my wishlist im just waiting for the price to drop enough on, so much backlog that i wont justify spending anywhere near full price when i have quality games i haven’t touched that will last me at least a decade if i never bought anything again

5 Likes

I really… really hope that dying light hits a historical low… but i feel bad since i won t be able to game any soon beside 2006ish games since my main PC fried and i ended up using my laptop

5 Likes

I’m cracking up wth is this reply :joy:

Vandem, you’re the only one crazy enough to reply to me with a puzzle game HAHAHA

PS:

About your solution

CORA IS EVIL AND HOT

If you mean because I’m literally on fire as I type this from the underworld, then yes. :fire:

7 Likes

That was a reference to one of the game’s mechanics where everything that “IS MELT” basically dies when it comes in touch with something that is HOT. I guess “HOST IS MELT” would be appropriate, if you know what I mean…

now you are well prepared to tackle the game, I’m curious how long your patience will last.

alright, I’m done with the hijacking. you can have your thread back. Move along, nothing to see here!

6 Likes

@coralinecastell I like your taste in games. :slight_smile: Even Beglitched is interesting - can’t stand Match 3 style usually. Heaven’s Vault is the way Archaelogy should be done, ha ha. Whispers of a Machine is already on wishlist. ^^

For the Summer Sale, I dearly hope not to be tempted to get anything! Old list items that would be hard to resist:

. Armed with Wings: Rearmed
. Alone in the Dark
. Alone in the Dark Illumination Yes it’s awfufl but still part of the series, lol
. Detention
. Hope Lake
. Summoner
. Warden: Melody of the Undergrowth
. Yukie: A Japanese Winter Fairy Tale

Other stuff is way too new to go on sale, like Sekiro, so no high hopes for this sale really. Hope you guys do find good stuff though. :heart:

4 Likes

So do I yours! Glad we can exchange a few game ideas. :blush:

As for your own list:

Detention is an excellent game I think you’d really enjoy. I had a fun time playing it simultaneously with a friend, and was on the edge of my seat on a few occasions. The art is also gorgeous.

Armed with Wings was fun, back in the day. Not sure what to think of its Steam release, though.

4 Likes

tbh i’m not really excited about this steam sale
not because of them removing season event cards, or (supposedly) making a pay2win event “game”(will see what actually plays out tho, probably gonna be something alright)
but because this year i’ve probably played the least amount of games ever…
-while my backlog is already still ever growing, and despite having a bunch ready to go and installed
so i’m not really “planning” on buying anything specific this year, i’ll still check out the discounts etc, maybe see if i get some new discoveries/recommendations to add to my wishlist,
but kinda hoping i’m not gonna get tempted to buy much/“anything”, to just pile on the already huge backlog and filled up drive, at this point it’s almost just depressing with some some of these on my "to play"list…

suppose sale wise i’m mostly curious to see what (if any) steam is gonna attempt to handle the competition from Epic, if they are gonna do something special/different, than just the usual “event game” and mediocre discounts :thinking:

7 Likes

We’re all curious about that. I dunno though, they have been doing the same thing over and over format wise. Why fix what ain’t broke? shrug We’ll see. Perhaps Epic’s antics don’t bother Steam at all really. No idea.

@coralinecastell Thanks for the kudos for Dentention. Think I’ll really like it too. :slight_smile: There’s an Armed with Wings online, hopefully it’s an honest site, I don’t know anymore. It was fun to try out anyway… the art, oh the art. So yeah, the black and white love would definitely tempt me.

Like Gnuff said though, not excited and hope to mostly smile and nod at things, haha.

4 Likes

I will forever hope and dream to get the final season of the Walking Dead T_T

Such hopeless dreams, acorn. Sigh.

Edit: I hope there’s something fun this year to earn badge/s though

2 Likes