Hitman’s Second Episode is Free On Steam

i found mine from library easy enough, but my account also has episode 1 from the last freebie, so that might be it
the other that added only ep2 (must have forgot about ep1 back then) doesn’t have it shown in library either
my guess is it’s because we “don’t own the (entire) game”
(i’m noting how none that has it for free shows up in the “friends who has this game” either in library or store page),
and maybe it needs some form of diff app/pack id to show in libraries not containing episode 1, or something(sqeenix changed steam store id’s around so can’t buy individial episodes now - you have to buy the entire “goty bundle”/“full game”-which i’m betting is why episode 2 doesn’t show up as separate entry/ownership in library, unlike other episodic games, or despite “owned”/attached to account now)…
i wonder if installing it changes that in libraries only owning episode 2

2 Likes

:frowning: I wasn’t active on here back then :confused:

2 Likes

Then how do you expect us to have told you?

This worked perfectly for me. But I also own the first episode since previously so I can’t tell if that is the problem or not. I also installed the whole thing just to make sure.

1 Like

nah i’m pretty sure i have it too

1 Like

Idk call me? Maybe sent me a SMS? Dude tf do I know how you coulda reached me, it was important so just figure something out :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

1 Like

like mentioned, i tried it on other that didn’t have ep1 from previous, and while it does give that app id error @delenn13 screenshotted, checking account licenses it was infact added all the same using that method, (even if not displayed in library for some reason) -and equally playable (tho had to click/manually initialize install via store page as the steamdb link only added to account but didn’t start the install as it otherwise might have without the app id error thingy)

no clue why it’s different/varies for some…

2 Likes

well it didn’t give me any kind of error, I just clicked gimme and now I’m downloading and it’s in my library :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I have found a lot of free games disappear from my library unless they are currently installed. That is why I always keep the good ones installed on an external, so I can play them again without having to remember their exact names to search for again on the store page.

Might it be the same problem with this one?

2 Likes

Just chiming in with my $.02 - I had similar weirdness when trying to add the game to my library. Clicking on the link for the Spring pack in either the Steam client or on the Steam store page did nothing - Steam would launch, but the DLC wouldn’t show up in my listing for the game (which I already had installed with the Season 1 pack present and accounted for). I ended up having to go through the SteamDB link to get the DLC to trigger and show up on my account. Didn’t get any errors when I did that, though. Methinks someone over at Steam screwed up on the link handling for the links from the store pages.

2 Likes

No worries, it means that the dlc was added to your account, but the game is not installed on your system atm

2 Likes

Thanks it worked for me now. How can I check if I got the spring pack stuff?

2 Likes

You go to your Steam client or by browser, click on your Wallet Funds at the top right:

Then you click on "View Licenses and… … " here:

Look for this line here:

If that’s there, then you got the Spring Pack. :smiley:

6 Likes

lol

It went as smoothly as @delenn13 described, it’s also weird that you can apparently remove it :thinking:

Anyways, it’s also available on XOne and PS$, which makes me happy because it means I can actually play it :grin:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Ah ok thanks. I think yesterday when I looked at that it said Episode 2 instead of spring pack.

But I just checked it now and it says Spring Pack.

4 Likes

Hey YQMaoski,
just wanted to say that you probably shouldn’t share your log in “nickname”.
Now ppl “only” have to guess your pw.

4 Likes

Unless he has the mobile authenticator

5 Likes

Which I do use… Fortunately…

Thanks for the heads up. :slight_smile: I will be more careful in the future… I did modify the pictures slightly. :smile:

3 Likes

well, now all they have to do is steal yr phone

2 Likes