Hitman’s Second Episode is Free On Steam

“The episode is available now for free through Steam under the name of the Hitman Spring Pack. Grab it by April 3rd and it’s yours forever. Don’t grab it by April 3rd and… it won’t be free any more?”

Steam:
Hitman

16 Likes

nice, the first one is free too, right? or at least it was for some time too

3 Likes

This is all I could find but it’s a demo. Maybe my search is off.

Hitman Free Trial

3 Likes

the strange thing is, i added it, so i can install it, but it doesn’t appear in my steam library, and when i go on the page to buy the whole pack, it doesn’t say i already own such or such episodes

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:
I tried to add it, but steam just gives me an error: invalid app configuration
Does anybody else have a similar issue?

@harith yes, episode 1 was free too. maybe that’s what’s causing the issue on my side

edit: nvm… restarting steam did the job

5 Likes

from a brilliant comment on the Hitman news/updates section

-i opened steam,
-opened web browser - went to https://steamdb.info/app/439890/
-clicked the “free” button
-browser asked me if i want to allow steam bootstrapper to handle the link
-i allowed
-episode 2 was added to my library
(i’ve had hitman with free ep1 already installed when trying this)

i did this myself too as i could not get it to work before(as i got episode 1 for free too) -doing this “trick” immediately added it
(tho i’m ofc unsure if it “just” gives you ep2 or actually the entire “spring pack”(if there even is a difference between them that is :thinking:), crossing fingers for “entire spring pack”)

8 Likes

They gave away Ep1 or “the demo” with extras for christmas, Ep 2 for spring. Will they end up giving away the whole thing over the course of this year?

7 Likes

Yaaaay It worked, thanks ^^

…and thanks @delenn13 too :point_right: :point_left:

4 Likes

i’m sorta really hoping that now :blush:
-or at least ends up giving enough parts of it away, can purchase the “bundle” for pennies :smile:
:money_mouth_face: “greed is good”(-when it saves me money on games) :joy:

4 Likes

doesn’t do anything for me, doesn’t ask me anything

2 Likes

are you signed into steam?/client?
maybe it’s your browser/OS “permissions” then or something? (i had no problem in both chrome or firefox when i tested it)

3 Likes

This is what I got from doing your trick…

2018-03-21%2014_21_42-Error

But it shows in my library…LOL

2 Likes

in steam browser nothing happened, in chrome it says: steam failed to install … (invalid app configuration)

y same as @delenn13, but it doesn’t show in my library weirdly

1 Like

check your library/account license section, it should be added to your account regardless :wink:

1 Like

any road directions on how to get there?

1 Like

top right corner “account name”(takes you to your account section) -“View licenses and product key activations”
should see “hitman” added at the top/todays date -if it went through

21 Mar, 2018 “HITMAN&trade”; - Spring Pack Complimentary

i just tried it again, worked perfectly… no idea if/why doesn’t for you :thinking:

2 Likes

WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME? :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

ty mah dewd, it’s there alright, but it’s pretty weird it’s not in my regular game library, where i’d have to install it from if i wanted to play it…

1 Like

We did, you weren’t paying attention.
https://206.81.1.216/t/hitman-paris-free-on-steam-limited-time/7411

2 Likes

1 Like