8 Likes

guacamelee requires salsa

7 Likes

What. A. Steal.
Tnx for the heads up @harith.:+1:

3 Likes

@harith, good find! Just purchased! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

well, I already traded a key for it with our darling @anon74641759 so I aint’ go no need for no deals :relieved:

sways away

6 Likes

capybara girl got, all, dem tricks, up her sleeve :smirk: :+1:

6 Likes

I don’t know how many more times I can praise this game! It’s gimmicks are awesome, there are multiple characters and costumes(!!) there’s co-op, a good story, some great bonus challenges, and some great gameplay. The music is really good too.

6 Likes

Aww youuu :blush: :kissing_heart: @coralinecastell

So you are saying I should buy it after trading it away? lol damn

6 Likes

And this is me trying to buy it for a friend…

:angry: Steam

6 Likes

:+1: for the mention of capybaras, the best mutated guinea pig there ever was.

5 Likes

tax rule changes probably, games in the US are now a chunk cheaper than some other countries probably, it’s one of the “supposed” reasons why something like Sea of Thieves cost 70€ instead of the usual 60$ "1-1"ratio
so steam settings probably changed to be “less forgiving” %wise, where before maybe you could gift from US to EU despite the 10-15% currency difference, but now maybe you can’t/can only smaller x%difference (ex 15 allowed before now max 5 maybe)
a list was published a couple of times of countries/currencies that would get affected by potential price changes because Valve no longer being able to skirt certain taxes anymore (which ofc then is put on the publisher likely just puts it back on the consumer by changing price, or steam trade setting too maybe)

either that or it’s just one of those weird instances of a game being a chunk more expensive than the US store price for you

5 Likes

there’s games that are much cheaper in Eastern Europe than in the US, and I buy stuff with USD on steam, but sometimes i cant buy for ppl there; that rly doesnt make sense at all, it would be a big profit for Valve to let those sales go through actually

2 Likes

I am trying to buy for someone in the EU… So the USD to Euro exchage is preventing the gift… how lame…

3 Likes

I have the Gold Edition…are the additions that interesting? From what I’ve read there’s a couple of bonus areas that don’t add much and an overpowered super mode. Will I hate myself for just playing the Gold version when I finally get around to it?

2 Likes

The difference is possibly due to VAT and whatnot. I believe they (who sell/import/distribute the game) sets the price based on the highest VAT applied in any EU state, around 27% if I recall. It’s all speculation, but it’s so lazy that could be true :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

See as that the Complete Edition is $1.99 for me, that was what I purchased… just so that perhaps someday I could compare.

4 Likes

true, but that’s likely part of the earlier mentioned “publishers stupid reverse logic” combined with a strict steam “cross region trade setting”
but after the VAT changes i’m pretty sure a few games got more expensive/trade restricted in a couple of more/extra countries than before

2 Likes

from the reviews:

“Having 100%'d both this and Gold, STCE is a flat improvement over Gold. Graphics improvements being the least of it, stuff like changing boss movesets so they go toe-to-toe with you instead of being puzzle bosses improves on some heavy issues I had with the original. That’s without mentioning the changes to the forgettable challenges.”

4 Likes

MrBean

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

5 Likes