Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition 90% off

i bought the complete edition because i figured “soundtrack, why not?”:man_shrugging: at that price, and since got 1 game more in the complete, for only 1 cent more seemed like a fair deal :smile:

3 Likes

But then you have -

STCE brings a number of modifications to Guacamelee, all of which are negative (apart from the 4P support). First, there are two large new areas, both of which serve as filler, breaking the flow of the game while not introducing any new concepts. Arguably the best part of the second area is the new character that serves as a boss, but said boss fight is relatively simple and the character takes focus away from the stronger original cast. Secondly are the combat changes: the “rebalancing” of enemies and the Intenso power. Javiar Jaguar, the stand-out boss from the original game, has been nerfed to an absolute pushover. Moreover, the Intenso power is absolutely game breaking, making every combat encounter in the game a joke. That wouldn’t be so bad if you could ignore it, but the developers added certain combat encounters where the difficulty goes through the roof if Intenso isn’t used (rooms with multiple enemies with white shields, hitstun-immunity, and/or non-dodgable attacks). These rooms generally feature Intenso-refilling barrels or enemies as well, so the intention is clear. Of course, there’s plenty of Intenso to go around even for easier rooms and bosses, trivializing combat entirely.

In short, STCE is still a good game, but the original release was a GREAT game, without the broken combat “rebalancing” and padding. Please buy/play Guacamelee! Gold instead.

:thinking:

1 Like

Well, i now own both, as someone had given me gold b4; I’m gonna play this edition though as I just prefer playing the “complete” product, for better or for worse I’ll never know, lol

1 Like

I also chose to buy the STCEdition having played half of gold earlier but got a bit tired of it for some reason I can no longer recall.

2 Likes

You got tired of STCE, Gold or both?

1 Like

Gold, having just bought STCE I have not played it at all yet.

2 Likes

The impression I get from the reviews is that STCE has bolted on areas (that may or may not be very interesting) and that the new Intenso mode removes some of the challenge or changes it in unwelcome ways. As a Metroidvania I’m not so sure that these are good things…streamlined and punchy is good.

1 Like

while we’re going over steam reviews:

Donald Trump’s worst nightmare/personal hell.
10/10 too much mexicans

and

Great Game!
Can’t wait for Guacamelee: Super Ultra Mega Nitro Deluxe Special Superbowl World Cup MLG Championship MLP Edition: Deluxe Edition

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

This can give u a better idea of all the changes; they claim that it adds 30% extra content:

3 Likes

Most of the threads I checked seem to point out that if you have Super Turbo you kinda don’t need the Gold Edition anymore and ppl are still furious this wasn’t a DLC or free upgrade, but was marketed as separate game.

This is the most relevant discussion out there with all the info ppl need:

I’m probably gonna think about it for few more hours because I kinda don’t need the soundtrack and the full package is 1.99 euro compared to Gold 1.29 (which there’s no point to get alone it seems) and STCE 1.39 euro where I live.

Great deals never the less… I was keeping an eye on this for quite some time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Haha I should have payed more attention in english classes back in the day, but I started to forget simple stuff too :frowning: I appreciate such corrections a lot, because I need to get back on track eventually! :smiley:

And you shouldn’t have deleted it! I really can benefit from such corrections and sorry for the offtopic :slight_smile:

3 Likes

np man, u benefited and corrected it, so no point in leaving it up

2 Likes

This is the reason they are having this sale…:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

@xist some more info:

From the Press Release:

New Features for the Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition Include:

· Expanded Story: An expanded version of the game that includes DLC content from the original
· New Game Areas: Players will ride boats through the Canal of Flowers to save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
· New Boss: Face off against The Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in the Volcano, helping the evil Carlos Calaca build his skeleton armies
· New Abilities: Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSO combat mode. Plus: Chicken Bombs and Independent Dimension Swapping
· New Enemies: Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep
· Support for multiple save slots
· Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks

Here’s a few more items that aren’t marketing bullet points:

• EVERY level got reworked, and we tried to remove parts that were “cheap”
  • EVERY combat arena in the game was examined, and most got new/different enemies to make it more fun
  • EVERY enemy in the game had its HP, Damage values, attacks, etc. examined and tweaked where necessary
  • The player’s attacks and moves got updates as well
2 Likes

still on sale for 5 days folks [having tons of fun playing it btw]

2 Likes