GOG has announced that GOG GALAXY 2.0 will combine all your games into one library.

Is that Playnite? xD
Edit: Ok, it is

5 Likes

Huh, Iā€™m just above 10% of that :confused:

5 Likes

@EyeQue, I keep telling myself to reduce my daily dietary intake of video games, but I havenā€™t been able to follow that strict diet. I may or may not have purchased another Fanatical bundle earlier that I will be adding to my library mostly laterā€¦ lolā€¦ I am really not doing that well in my efforts.

10 Likes

Wait. Does this mean that the ā€œmaster launcher,ā€ that I joked about, is being made to play games from every online store?

https://206.81.1.216/t/free-the-elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind-goty-bethesda-launcher-extended-until-march-31st-2019/16105/18?u=gdbringer

6 Likes

Ha ha! I love that and totally understand why you grabbed it. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Games will still require having their native launcher installed for downloading/updating titles. Galaxy 2.0 appears to be a unified launcher like Playfire but GOG is trying to integrate a lot of the features Steam has like playtime, achievements and chat. If theyā€™re able to actually integrate with Steamā€™s Web API it could be amazing but Iā€™m not sure if theyā€™re trying to be fully compatible with Steam itself. Valve probably wouldnā€™t be too happy if they are since it would draw users away from the Steam client while using its backend services. Still looks pretty impressive though!

5 Likes

I donā€™t have the time to play them.I think I am waiting to retireā€¦

BTW my Wish List is catching up with the games I haveā€¦ This is ALL embarrassing :blush:

4 Likes

I donā€™t care I just want Linux. Is there something about Linux? :penguin:

4 Likes

5 Likes

Yes this is what i always wanted GOG to do haha

4 Likes

What are you using nowā€¦Lutris ?

"Lutris is an Open Source gaming platform for Linux. It installs and launches games so you can start playing without the hassle of setting up your games. Get your games from GOG, Steam, Battle.net, Origin, Uplay and many other sources running on any Linux powered gaming machine."

And hereā€™s RetroArch

"RetroArch is a frontend for emulators, game engines and media players.

It enables you to run classic games on a wide range of computers and consoles through its slick graphical interface. Settings are also unified so configuration is done once and for all."

I have not tried eitherā€¦but they look interestingā€¦ I need a new potato before I try any of these things.:pensive:

Let me know what you think, @coralinecastell :heavy_heart_exclamation:

7 Likes

RetroArch has a mobile app. IIRC I tried it and it ran badly. But that was years ago, so maybe they have made it better.

4 Likes

There are actually quite a few such launchers already ,i think even Ryzen has one ,but none of them seems like worth anyones time. Here ;s a good video about them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve ran Retroarch a lot, inside of LaunchBox. Works great once set up correctly.

Ooopsā€¦edited wrong reply. Sigh

4 Likes

I beg your pardon?! :wink: Launchbox is the dogā€™s gonads! :stuck_out_tongue:

andā€¦man! that American accent of his winds me up!

4 Likes

Just received the link to the beta version and I am going to test it out today.

5 Likes

It looks good. I had problems installing it to begin with as it seems like the Gog installer is very dependent on a constant strong internet connection. So the installer kept freezing for me, when I finally got it installed though it works well, at least so far. It also looks visually nice.

8 Likes

Yup. I like it - very easy to use. It was jarring to realise how many games I had installed and forgotten to play, lol.

5 Likes

Yeah same I think there are a lot of games I have forgotten about too lol But now it is easy to see what games I have.

4 Likes

Itā€™s pretty good for if you have a lot of games in a lot of places for getting a comprehensive overview of everything. Unfortunately it is not a replacement for anything and still requires all launchers to be installed. It just simply starts the required launcher in order to play or install anything, which turns it into just another middleman sitting around eating resources mostly uselessly.

Still looking for someone willing to try to make a client thatā€™s able to mimic the other clients and be a all in one sort of solution.

7 Likes